some tips for garalon

well our guild is on garalon atm and after 2 tries hitting the enrage timer, obviously the lowest dps got switched out, which in this case was me with some other dude. the difference to the top dps was just huge, i was aorund 80k or so, while the top dps are around 100k there (melees, sp).

sinc ei was basically in all our first kills since the last years, this was for me i think the first time i offered myself of swtiching out for another player, so they could get the boss down.

so, are there any tips (chaninlihting doesnt work as cleave there ) in the absic fight tactics, not the shaman rotation stuff?

Assume you're ele?

Also, we'll need more info, maybe logs, to be even able to help. How can we identify what you're doing wrong if we don't know what you're doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zire View Post
    i was aorund 80k or so, while the top dps are around 100k there (melees, sp).
    80k is a very decent number as ele shaman on this fight. It should rank you in the top #40 on WoL.

well, dunno as i got switched out and after that they killed it ;(
    just wondered if there is some talent excel here or they is other thing to improve,
    i odnt mean the basic roation things there i mostly know when i fucked it up.
    just dont want sit out on that becaseu iam like 20-30k dps behind ;(

at least i got in for Mel'jarak which is decent for ele then again.

if 80k is your lowest dps for that fight, as a raid, in a 25 format, then your guild is just killing the boss entirely wrong if you are hitting the enrage...

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    There is no way on earth to beat proper Cleavers/Multi-dotters on this fight.

Are you DPSing the legs or tunneling the boss? With that 80k I'd say you're on the legs (standing in the blue circle) at least half the time.

We just had ranged that couldnt cleave/multidot to tunnel the boss so that Rogues and such could get more damage on the boss with the cleaving. Meters obviously get "skewed" a bit here so it's not really a proper fight to start measuring the DPS :P

We dint have our Elemental Shaman in when we did it a few days ago, but BOY would i have LOVED having him there. The burst potential to get down the legs is ridiculous.

More often than not we had our Warlocks putting up alot of dots on legs they couldnt stay near for the foreeable future or simply spending time dotting up a leg that's halfdead even though melee dps was on it. In the long run that's a waste of dps.

People need to grasp that the Legs respawn on a set timer. Lets just say its 10 respawns you'll have for the fight.

That means (On 10man) you'll have roughly 10x6.5mil health where you do double damage. It AINT going to be more because you dps the legs faster.
    The ONLY time legs dying fast matters is at the start when he cant mend a leg.
    So long as your kiting is happening without trouble it doesnt matter if the leg doesnt die before another respawns. We had 2 up several times.
    Once dps started grasping that it went quite a bit easier. Give a leg to each dps and the dps that does the worst dmg on the legs can just sit on boss the entire fight.

For my raidgroup we told the Locks to handle the front left leg, the tanks could play with the front right leg (Was hard for us to reach due to kite path) the Frost DK took the back legs and i helped him a bit sometimes, while the feral druid just dps'd the boss the entire fight.

Main thing to remember is the legs are no more of a rush than what you make them to be. As long as 4 aint up at the same time its no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    80k is a very decent number as ele shaman on this fight. It should rank you in the top #40 on WoL.
    Should be able to pull quite a lot more than that. 110k+ shouldn't be much of an issue assuming you know the fight and multidot, assuming 480 or so item-level.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Should be able to pull quite a lot more than that. 110k+ shouldn't be much of an issue assuming you know the fight and multidot, assuming 480 or so item-level.
    you must not have done the fight

top parse in WoL for an ele is 104k dps.

multidotting is not even that effective on this fight considering once all the legs are dead, you are dealing with 1 leg every like 20-30 seconds or so.

and the amount of time your new FS is up on a new leg is not that high, considering it dies rather quickly.

if a rogue cleave works on this fight i would have to assume that CL off a leg will hit the boss, i never tried it myself, but if it does than your DPS would definitely have a slight increase than if you are just single targeting.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    CL does not hit the boss off the leg.

Honestly its more DPS for your raid if you just single-target the boss and let the Rogues and Warriors pad their DPS by Cleaving off the leg with the 100% extra damage. It's more DPS on the boss if you just let the cleavers cleave.... Assuming you have enough cleavers :P We used 2 Rogues, an Arms Warrior and a Frost DK on 10man with just 1 ranged that was helping with the kiting as the 4th person (2 tanks, 1 healer 1 ranged kiting).

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    CL does not hit the boss off the leg.

Honestly its more DPS for your raid if you just single-target the boss and let the Rogues and Warriors pad their DPS by Cleaving off the leg with the 100% extra damage. It's more DPS on the boss if you just let the cleavers cleave.... Assuming you have enough cleavers :P We used 2 Rogues, an Arms Warrior and a Frost DK on 10man with just 1 ranged that was helping with the kiting as the 4th person (2 tanks, 1 healer 1 ranged kiting).
    Lucky. We do not have any rogue OR warrior. Makes the fight so much harder than it should be, meeting the enrage timer is actually quite challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Really?

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...mental_Shaman/

Seeing that only 2 players have managed to do 110k+ in WoL, I'm seriously doubting your "shouldn't be much of an issue".

Oh, and the top one actually seems to be 21 second burst before wipe or something. So make that only 1 player.

We also had some major DPS issues there last night, because we had only one undergeared DPS monk representing melee. No rogues / Warriors.
    Last edited by mmoc6bee5ec93f; 2012-11-09 at 07:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    Really?

http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...mental_Shaman/

Seeing that only 2 players have managed to do 110k+ in WoL, I'm seriously doubting your "shouldn't be much of an issue".

Oh, and the top one actually seems to be 21 second burst before wipe or something. So make that only 1 player.

We also had some major DPS issues there last night, because we had only one undergeared DPS monk representing melee. No rogues / Warriors.
    I did 115k+ on every try (including our kill) the night HoF was released (and that was with everyone assigned to the legs, not just me). The point is, it shouldn't be all that hard assuming near 100% activity and somewhat decent execution of the fight.

I did 115k+ on every try (including our kill)
    Any logs to back this up?