Can someone confirm if this will do 25man raids with smooth fps?

Getting a bit tired of laggy 25man raids sooo it's time for a budget upgrade, heres what I've picked out (prices etc match my budget more concerned if it will manage smooth framerate 25mans on at least medium)

Intel Core i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.20Ghz 6MB (not really interested in overclocking so saved myself a few dollars and didn't get the K)
    Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB DDR3-1600
    ASUS HD7950 DIRECT CU II TOP 3GB

Wow will be installed on an SSD as well so hopefully that will help.

Appreciate any advice!

Deleted
    Well, i think it's a good idea to go for the 3570k anyway. Overclocking the CPU at least a little bit is very easy and should make a very nice difference especially in a 25 man raid. I'm far from an expert but that's my take!

Should run it just fine, although I would get the 3570 instead of the 3470 (due to clock frequenzy being lower = worse performance)

Thanks guys! yeah I would go for the 3570k but it's nearing $100 more here and already stretching my budget (wrong time of year for this lol) but I did just notice after reading that the 3570(non k) is only $20 extra so might pick that up.

Quote Originally Posted by fearfac View Post
    Thanks guys! yeah I would go for the 3570k but it's nearing $100 more here and already stretching my budget (wrong time of year for this lol) but I did just notice after reading that the 3570(non k) is only $20 extra so might pick that up.
    You can go to a much cheaper GPU than a 7950 as well. This will not actually net better 25m raiding performance than an overclockable CPU, as your cpu will dump your frames into the toilet. If your into more than wow aim for a 7850 it will be more than enough to play comfortably on ultra settings in most games @ 1920x1080 45-50~ fps say BF3 etc. It is also significantly cheaper allowing reallocation of funds.

10+ Year Old Account
    SSD = irrelevant for WoW. Nice for Windows though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 3570k is a much better idea than a more expensive GPU.

I didn't have any problems with 25-man raids on my i5-2500k on my old rig.

Thanks upon reading that I had another look at the site I'm ordering from and I can get a 660ti for almost $70 cheaper, go for that? or a 7870 for $130 cheaper, what would you guys recommend? (sorry to be annoying!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I run with a 7870. Smooth as silk. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I run with a 7870. Smooth as silk. ^^
    Yeah more I read seems saving myself that cash and grabbing the 3570k (and a slightly better cooler) and the 7870 is a much better deal, thanks guys!

With most modern motherboards you can auto overclock if you're worried. What MB are going for?

GIGABYTE GA-H77M-D3H seemed to meet my needs cheap PCI 3.0 x2, 2x sata 6gb/s etc didn't really look into it's ability to overclock but suppose I should since I'm going for the 3570k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    SSD = irrelevant for WoW. Nice for Windows though.
    Can you please elaborate on why this is? I have Wow running off my SSD that Win8 is on but it would be nice to just whack the whole WoW folder on one of my other drives to save space if it truly doesn't affect performance whatsoever...

i saw you decided on the 7850, good idea for the money save, and then get a 3570k with the savings, another good idea. But i saw u were looking at a H77 mobo, iirc u can't OC a chip in a H77 Mobo.

I know you said you are not interested in OC, but IF u get the 3570k it be a waste to not get a Z77 mobo so u can OC it. You can pick up a good air cooler for about $30 and take that 3570k to 4.1/4.2 with no voltage adjustments. I suggest u get the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 . I have it, most everyone on these forums recommend it. Its a pretty good board and at a great price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157293

if u do not plan on ever OC the CPU getting the 3570k is pointless. So stay with the H77 Mobo and get this chip, well was going to suggest the 3570 non-k but its only $15 cheaper and I myself would rather get the K version for $15 extra incase i decide in the future i wanted to OC all i needed was a new mobo and not both.
    My new baby
    CPU: i5-3570k @4.1 Cooler: H-100 MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: 16Gig Mushkin Blackline 1600 SSD: Crucial M4 128 HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB GPU: MSI 7950 OC @ 925/1375 Case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Jiambi View Post
    i saw you decided on the 7850, good idea for the money save, and then get a 3570k with the savings, another good idea. But i saw u were looking at a H77 mobo, iirc u can't OC a chip in a H77 Mobo.

I know you said you are not interested in OC, but IF u get the 3570k it be a waste to not get a Z77 mobo so u can OC it. You can pick up a good air cooler for about $30 and take that 3570k to 4.1/4.2 with no voltage adjustments. I suggest u get the Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 . I have it, most everyone on these forums recommend it. Its a pretty good board and at a great price.

if u do not plan on ever OC the CPU getting the 3570k is pointless. So stay with the H77 Mobo and get this chip, well was going to suggest the 3570 non-k but its only $15 cheaper and I myself would rather get the K version for $15 extra incase i decide in the future i wanted to OC all i needed was a new mobo and not both.
    Hmm thanks more to think about! lol that board you suggested is about $70 more expensive than the H77 I'm looking at but with savings should be doable.

Gah it's getting tempting to go over my budget lol

Ok well thanks everyone for the advice definitely glad I asked, time to have a think!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzon View Post
    Can you please elaborate on why this is? I have Wow running off my SSD that Win8 is on but it would be nice to just whack the whole WoW folder on one of my other drives to save space if it truly doesn't affect performance whatsoever...
    Well it doesn't improve the FPS since once code and data are in RAM the disk is out of the equation.
    It will however dramatically reduce loading times when changing zones or entering the game especially with a lot of addons. Also it can reduce the stuttering you might experience when moving around and new areas/objects have to be loaded from disk.

BTW you can easily test the difference on your system: just copy the WoW folder to the HDD and start it there, no installation necessary.