10+ Year Old Account

Retri dps in Amber Shaper Un'sok...

Hey everyone, ok need help on this boss encounter in Heart of Fear. I basically do the rotation nothing wrong with retri rotation unfortunately I can't log WoL about it since I'm not that keen in these kind of stuff sorry... but I noticed I have to dps the people who transform to the amber monstrasity better than the boss himself because he is not taking dmg I used SoR to cleave with the small adds, boss, and the transformed beasts... but still I was barely doing 60k+ and sometimes less I even used the exo aoe glyph + light hammer...and when I single target the boss or the transformed players with seal of truth I do even more less dps..

Thanks for reading and this is my armory link:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Velshin/simple

I even got the normal tier hand so it's not gears issues at all.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-04 at 09:23 PM.

use divine storm at 2+ targets, not sure if SoR is worth it over losing censure stacks, i forget how many targets it takes exactly for sor to pull ahead. you can juggle censure stacks on multiple targets if need be. also as far as aoe goes, consider taking divine purpose as it can also proc off DS.

also if you arent taking execution sentence, a self-cast holy prism should do a lot more aoe damage in a minute (3 casts) than 1 lights hammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    use divine storm at 2+ targets, not sure if SoR is worth it over losing censure stacks, i forget how many targets it takes exactly for sor to pull ahead. you can juggle censure stacks on multiple targets if need be. also as far as aoe goes, consider taking divine purpose as it can also proc off DS.

also if you arent taking execution sentence, a self-cast holy prism should do a lot more aoe damage in a minute (3 casts) than 1 lights hammer.
    Yeah I tried seal of truth and aoeing with divine storm but yeah didn't try holy prism instead but do you think this single talent will fix the dps? or is it something else? because even if I do my best with dot censure cleaving and juggling some seals and using wings and cds on the right moments I'm low compare to my other dps partners we are doing that in 10 man but yeah I just don't know is it the fight? or am I really doing something really horribly wrong... I just don't know..
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-04 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yeah I tried seal of truth and aoeing with divine storm but yeah didn't try holy prism instead but do you think this single talent will fix the dps? or is it something else? because even if I do my best with dot censure cleaving and juggling some seals and using wings and cds on the right moments I'm low compare to my other dps partners we are doing that in 10 man but yeah I just don't know is it the fight? or am I really doing something really horribly wrong... I just don't know..
    our aoe dps has some buildup, I find it's best with divine purpose as it procs fairly often: holy prism on yourself will hit 5 targets and does pretty good damage as well. save cds for burning boss, adds are important sure, but boss dps is more important. holy avenger and sanctified wrath are good choices, but divine purpose should give you more damage (for adds or boss) when avenging wrath is on cd.

10+ Year Old Account
    our aoe dps has some buildup, I find it's best with divine purpose as it procs fairly often: holy prism on yourself will hit 5 targets and does pretty good damage as well. save cds for burning boss, adds are important sure, but boss dps is more important. holy avenger and sanctified wrath are good choices, but divine purpose should give you more damage (for adds or boss) when avenging wrath is on cd.
    Oh I see.. thanks by saying burning boss do you mean the big giant monster that looks like Rhyolith ? or do you mean to burn the boss at the end? because the boss himself has a reduce dmg taken and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Oh I see.. thanks by saying burning boss do you mean the big giant monster that looks like Rhyolith ? or do you mean to burn the boss at the end? because the boss himself has a reduce dmg taken and stuff.
    oh, I mean dont spend cds just on small adds, save them for the transformations/etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh, I mean dont spend cds just on small adds, save them for the transformations/etc.
    Yeah I did that as well but yeah thanks another question if there is the big giant Rhyolith look a like mob up is it better to dps him? or still dpsing the small transformed players?

Deleted
    *Waits for the Theorycrafters on this forum*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeActionTess View Post
    *Waits for the Theorycrafters on this forum*
    At two targets DS pulls ahead of TV because TV does physical damage and is affected by armor.
    At three targets CS and HotR are roughly equal but HotR is recommended because it does holy damage and CS is all physical and HotR provides a debuff.
    Switching Seals is not recommended until 6+ targets and even then that does not account for multiple Censure stacks rolling.

If more than 1.7 targets will be up for the full duration of LH, LH>ES. That assumes the secondary targets are taking full damage from LH, so if the boss is taking reduced damage that will affect total damage.

I can also recommend using double jeopardy and the exo glyph. Both are dps increases on any fight that has more than 1 target.

All of the above information can be found at with real math and explanations: elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-ret_5_0_4_mop_retribution_concordance_retcon_panda_ing_dps_meters/