1. #701
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    So who's winning? I'm English lol and the coverage isn't that big over here, and I cba to turn on the TV either.
    The first polls don't close for another hour and a half.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  2. #702
    High Overlord riccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Shadow Moses
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    So who's winning? I'm English lol and the coverage isn't that big over here, and I cba to turn on the TV either.
    Dolan shall win ! nah but hopefully Obama, wich i strongly believe

  3. #703
    LOAD"*",8,1 Fuzzzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Legion of Doom Headquarters
    Posts
    20,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Looks like a non-American, alarmist, end of the world scenario. Let me guess, all this plays out on 12/21/12 as a result of Romney winning?
    Please avoid arguments. Its just an opinion.

  4. #704
    The Insane Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    15,355
    Funny, whatever the outcome will be the two parties are forced to make peace and deal with the deficit before the country goes bankrupt.
    There is some hope of cooperation in this mess after all

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I don't follow your meaning.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 09:34 PM ----------



    You don't really have to worry about Romney winning. That ship has sailed. You SHOULD be a bit worried about the house and senate races.
    Romney is going to will in a landslide today. The race will be over before the polling places on the west coast are even closed.

  6. #706
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    I actually tend to agree with this. I think good change is generally slow change, there's a lot of bad that can come from trying to shake things up too much.
    Welcome to the Republican party...

  7. #707
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,146
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Romney is going to will in a landslide today. The race will be over before the polling places on the west coast are even closed.
    What makes you think Romney is going to win in a landslide when all the evidence is pointing to the contrary?
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  8. #708
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    Looks like a non-American, alarmist, end of the world scenario. Let me guess, all this plays out on 12/21/12 as a result of Romney winning?
    Maybe, who knows. But hey, lets not try and paint me as a nutter who thinks the universe is about to implode because of him. Everything I mentioned is fact, and while he may not keep to his promises, and china might not increase their interest rates as much because of it, I do know that many high-profile companies around the world are preparing for the U.S. to start reducing their payments to other nations.

    If you're going to start labeling people and making assumptions, you might want to get a clue on the facts first.

  9. #709
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I think holding an election on the weekend would actually deter a lot of voters.
    Well I think it would be multifaceted: people who hate the influence of religion would see a decrease, all the drunken party college goers wouldnt vote because they're too hung over, and the hard working people who work weekdays would use their time off to vote, instead of their unquestionable right to democracy being denied by their boss.

  10. #710
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,124
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Romney is going to will in a landslide today. The race will be over before the polling places on the west coast are even closed.
    I'll keep this in mind, and we'll see tomorrow.

  11. #711
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Funny, whatever the outcome will be the two parties are forced to make peace and deal with the deficit before the country goes bankrupt.
    There is some hope of cooperation in this mess after all
    Yeah, cooperation died when both parties radacalized and developed a "with us or against us" mentality. What we need is another Johnson to force things through Congress. or another T. Roosevelt to cut through all the BS.

    Closest to that I can think of is Chris Christie.

  12. #712
    I voted for Gary Johnson. Some people believe that it's a waste of a vote, but I will never compromise my beliefs to vote someone out of office.

  13. #713
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Maybe, who knows. But hey, lets not try and paint me as a nutter who thinks the universe is about to implode because of him. Everything I mentioned is fact, and while he may not keep to his promises, and china might not increase their interest rates as much because of it, I do know that many high-profile companies around the world are preparing for the U.S. to start reducing their payments to other nations.

    If you're going to start labeling people and making assumptions, you might want to get a clue on the facts first.
    Now now, don't make us look bad! Seriously, Romney is just another David Cameron: full of embarrassments and hypocrisies, and is generally a douche.

  14. #714
    Bloodsail Admiral Getreuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,155
    Can someone give me a status? Is it 201-191 for Obama at this moment?
    "Ascend may you find no resistance. Know that you made such a difference. All you leave behind will live to the end. The cycle of suffering goes on. But memories of you stay strong. Someday I too will fly and find you again."
    Alter Bridge - Blackbird

  15. #715
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Closest to that I can think of is Chris Christie.
    This is clearly a stereotype, but I can absolutely picture Christie yelling "You don't fuck with Jersey" when a Dem or a member of the fringe in his party tries to block something he supports.

  16. #716
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    17,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Can someone give me a status? Is it 201-191 for Obama at this moment?
    It's 0-0 at the moment. We'll start to know more in a little over an hour.
    Well 1, 2, 3, take my hand and come with me
    Because you look so fine
    And I really wanna make you mine

  17. #717
    Bloodsail Admiral Shadoweye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In the box behind you
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What makes you think Romney is going to win in a landslide when all the evidence is pointing to the contrary?
    polling that is modeled on 08' numbers is not evidence to the contrary.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Getreuer View Post
    Can someone give me a status? Is it 201-191 for Obama at this moment?
    Technically, it's nothing. No polls have closed. However, that is how it stands if you agree on what the battleground states are. If you put PA back into play, then its 181-191.

  19. #719
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    Now now, don't make us look bad! Seriously, Romney is just another David Cameron: full of embarrassments and hypocrisies, and is generally a douche.
    Not denying that at all.

  20. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    This is clearly a stereotype, but I can absolutely picture Christie yelling "You don't fuck with Jersey" when a Dem or a member of the fringe in his party tries to block something he supports.
    Heh yeah, but i kidna admire that. When it comes to the good of his people, he doesnt give a flying fuck about party politics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •