Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Ohio is more of the critical state actually. Without it, a Romney win is very unlikely.
    Either state would pretty much give it to obama

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I'm 22, 23 next week. I care a lot for my insurance that may go away if Romney goes. I won't go conspircy theory but..yeah I like living in the States. the 2000 election wasn't big for me as I wasn't exactly where I knew what I wanted or rather what was the better choice.
    I'm not sure why your insurance would go away. Can you be more specific?

Ohio is more of the critical state actually. Without it, a Romney win is very unlikely.
    Ohio is currently 58:41:1 for Obama with 22% counted

Romney 82 - 64

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm not sure what makes you say that; Florida is 11 more votes than Ohio, and pretty much every single scenario that had Romney winning included Florida. It's still technically possible for Romney to win without Ohio (although unlikely), but he has basically no chance without Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    This is just simply untrue. Bush added some 8-9 Trillion to the debt, Obama has at most added 1.4 trillion.
    Ok so you want real numbers my estimates were a bit off. but your are too

$5,807,463 The deficit in millions when bush took office
    $11,909,829 The defecit in millions when bush left.
    6 trillion
    $16,015,131 is the 2011-2012 jan final numbers.
    4 trillion over 3 years for obama
    Estimate from this years are around 18 trillion.
    So 6 trillion over 4 years with partial deployment war vs 6 trillion over 8 years 6 of which were full deployment war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    According to the most recent CNN tracker, Ohio is favoring Obama @ 58% to 49?% Something like that, then the page crashed for me due to crappy internet trying to load too many maps.
    Can't read too much into early numbers. Results come in from areas that often lean heavily one way or another. in particular more rural areas often report first because they get smaller numbers and can count them faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel left out of the loop in the nailbiting department. Saving all of that for local stuff: Gov. race, I-502. R-74...
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Romney 82 - 64
    Where's this? Rhode Island? :P

As of right now, Obama is ahead in Florida (51% to 49%) and in Ohio (58% to 41%) so Romney has a bit of catching up to do if he wants to have much of a chance. Very tense and very close right now. I hope everyone who could vote did vote today xD

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post

I need you to learn the difference between "debt" and "deficit".

6 trillion
    So 6 trillion over 4 years vs 6 trillion over 8 years 6 of which were full deployment war.
    Well, the difference is how you assign the deficit. Who is more responsible: the person in charge when the spending is happening, or is it the responsibility of the person who put the spending in place to create the deficits in the first place? Especially if it's spending that cannot reasonably be undone?

Generally speaking, I think it's the fault of the person who actually did it. The deficit in place now is because of Bush tax cuts, Bush war spending, Bush drug benefit program, interest costs on the additional debt Bush racked up, and the loss of revenues and increases in expenses due to the economic crash.

We gotta kill or reform the Electoral College bullcrap. Sick and tired of it coming down to a few states where the two sides can put all their time and money into. Me personally should just be popular vote.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Where's this? Rhode Island? :P
    nationwide electoral votes so far (CNN)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not sure why your insurance would go away. Can you be more specific?

I'm guessing Romney is going to do something against people like me(I have high functioning autism and I'm on my parents Insurance plan)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I need you to learn the difference between "debt" and "deficit".
    Ok misspoke deficit vs debt all I fucking care about is how much our government is in debt. I don't care about how much deficit he has each year I care about that the country I lived in is basically private owned at this point cause we owe more money than we make.

Also if you don't know the deficit against inflation for the last 4 years are the 4 highest deficits vs inflation in US history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    We gotta kill or reform the Electoral College bullcrap. Sick and tired of it coming down to a few states where the two sides can put all their time and money into. Me personally should just be popular vote.
    Let's go back to the 3/5 vote while we are at it!! What a great idea!

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what makes you say that; Florida is 11 more votes than Ohio, and pretty much every single scenario that had Romney winning included Florida. It's still technically possible for Romney to win without Ohio (although unlikely), but he has basically no chance without Florida.
    True, I just meant that since Obama has such a lead in Ohio atm that Florida probably won't matter whether or not Obama edges out a win in Florida or not.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account

6 trillion
    So 6 trillion over 4 years with partial deployment war vs 6 trillion over 8 years 6 of which were full deployment war.
    Gee. I wonder why. You think still being in Iraq had anything to do with it? How about bailouts?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Romney ahead in Virgina, however the Democratic leaning counties haven't all been counted yet.