Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Exclamation Scientist proves race differences!

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/us...yIOQHByc3ZYRA&

Did you really think we were all the same lol!
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-11-05 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    5 years later....
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

didnt the nazis unintentionally debunk that one?

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, why are we seeing an article from 2007?!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    yeah, why are we seeing an article from 2007?!
    Because people forward E-mails to each other, and people that have certain cognitive blindspots read them and think, "holy fuck, this information is new and relevant!".

This is fairly well known.

Even though there is a 1% difference, thousands of genetic information can be altered in that 1% changing a lot of things.

We've known races are different since forever. How can you look at two people with different skin colors and not go "hmm, something's different between those two people"?

The question is whether the differences are significant. They are for some things, like disease, but for most things they aren't.

I thought this would've been common sense? I would find it alarming that in the evolution model, genetic differences would not occur between races.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Because people forward E-mails to each other, and people that have certain cognitive blindspots read them and think, "holy fuck, this information is new and relevant!".
    Oh. well, fair enough..

what they ended up finding out was that genetic differences within so-called races are just as great as between them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Like my grandparents believing 10-year old GIFs are the height of 21th century technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    23 pairs of chromosomes. x and y are different by at least a whole 50%, that means that men and women are at the very least over 1% different (.5 out of 46). So ya, not really sure what the big deal is here, a white man will have a more similar DNA map to a black man then a white women.

Also, old.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I thought this would've been common sense? I would find it alarming that in the evolution model, genetic differences would not occur between races.
    Indeed, that'd submarine pretty much everything we know about evolutionary diversity and how it comes about if populations that were mostly isolated from each other for tens of thousands of years had no detectable genetic differences. We'd have to seriously consider creationist answers if that were the case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The thing is, human "races" are not races at all. Vast majority of humanity has in its blood ancestry from all over the planet, and what we perceive as races are merely phenotypes favored in certain regions due to cultural or aesthetic norms. That's why in some places you can observe a whole spectrum of "races" between the European white and African "black".

So now we are forced to ask what race is the best and what is the worst? That 1% difference can account for a lot of changes. So maybe there is a proper purpose for prejudice to exist in this world. Maybe prejudice exist for a good reason because it's hard wired into us to judge good races from lower races.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Like my grandparents believing 10-year old GIFs are the height of 21th century technology.
    Yeah, there seems like more more than a little overlap between folks that love dopey old GIFs and people that believe every E-mail forward they get.

Deleted
    to be honest to be a scientist now days do you get it from your candy bucket or something. Considering they find out the MOST obvious things in the world like race diffrence. Dogs dont all look alike why would we look alike then.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    old news, really old, same thing with genders but there are a certain groups that would like to hide it for further unification of the world
    Can you provide an example of any of those groups?

10+ Year Old Account
    The sky is blue, water is wet, fire is hot. Look at me I'm amazing for stating bits of information that are easily determined through simple observation!

That is my impression of the OP, seeking attention by stating useless information. Race is more than skin deep, your body is determined by your genetic code, trying to ignore that is just plain stupid. I hardly see how it is discrimination to say "That person is not the same as this one". What I don't understand is why people care if their bodies are unequal. All these other differences are the same to me as someone saying it is discrimination that men cannot get pregnant. Should people be upset that men and women are unequal in their ability to bear children? The whole point is absurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Common sense that's unworthy of its own article. I'd say don't misinterpret it, but that's probably a forlorn hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    old news, really old, same thing with genders but there are a certain groups that would like to hide it for further unification of the world
    You're confusing equality for sameness. Most people don't consider every race and gender to be "the same".