Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Doing it planned and prepared with gear upgrades in the stash you could potentially get to max level in 2 hours or so, provided you have some one opening games for you and killing Diablo. I'd say that's a fairly huge benefit as once you gone through it normally it's not that fun, the game is at max level and the faster you can get there the better it is.
    If you have someone opening games for you then yes, I see the benefit in it. But if you just have to play through it all anyway then increasing MP just slows you down.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    If you have someone opening games for you then yes, I see the benefit in it. But if you just have to play through it all anyway then increasing MP just slows you down.
    I disagree. The leveling speed is very high at MP 10 and even with dropped gear you can play "normal" at MP 8-10 without dying.

At least that is what I am seeing on my HC leveling Monk. He's alive and in 2 hours he went to lvl 25 with MP8.

The moment he dies I'll level a SC Monk with MP 10 and I guess in 2/3 hours you'll hit 30 with it even in solo mode.

I have no experience in Nightmare/hell though, but I'll choose an appropriate MP level then.

Leveling with MP is certainly faster for the first 30 levels, I saw that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My next project if this dies, will be to level a SC character at level 10 up to and including Hell.
    I'm pretty sure you need level 30 to get into Nightmare and 50 to get into Hell.
    i'm sure he meant doing everything on MP10.

Started a new char all alone going MP10 - you level fast, but monsters soon start to be very strong. If you have really good gear (like a 800 dps sword at lvl 48 - trololol who said -lvl req wasn't good) it's not worth it. Or better put, leveling MP10 is extremely fast, if you can grind fast through it. Otherwise it will be a pain due to mobnsters not dying and you dying a lot instead.

Since the idea is to get to 60 extra fast to get some basic gear to farm inferno MP0, i found the fastest way to get you wizard friend with archon and blast away everything. You don't even need xp bonuses, you'll get levels as a mad man.

The only bad thing is that you're going to be 60 at the beginning of hell, and you need to do all the run in any case to unlock inferno.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The only bad thing is that you're going to be 60 at the beginning of hell, and you need to do all the run in any case to unlock inferno.
    Have friend start game at Diablo's gate, port in and kill him...profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I disagree. The leveling speed is very high at MP 10 and even with dropped gear you can play "normal" at MP 8-10 without dying.

At least that is what I am seeing on my HC leveling Monk. He's alive and in 2 hours he went to lvl 25 with MP8.

The moment he dies I'll level a SC Monk with MP 10 and I guess in 2/3 hours you'll hit 30 with it even in solo mode.

I have no experience in Nightmare/hell though, but I'll choose an appropriate MP level then.

Leveling with MP is certainly faster for the first 30 levels, I saw that.
    Its like saying a detour is faster than straight road.. doesnt make a lot of sense..

The only thing holding you back when leveling is the quests, not xp. With ruby socketed and possibly with a hellfire ring, you never have to kill even one extra mob and can run straight through them. So what does making monsters harder (and therefor making it take longer) gain? Sure you get more xp but you dont need it with even mp 0. At best you get to 60 halfway through hell. So what? You still have to complete the other half to reach inferno.

The only reason for higher MP before inferno is when you farm Leorics signet or 1 shot everything anyway. Might as well get more loot and gold.. but it will probably cost you more to buy that kind of gear than there is to gain from it.

15+ Year Old Account
    lvled my monk from 1-60 in 4 hours with my hellfire ring, leroics signet,radiant ruby for helm exp an mp10.
    All i did was use my raidant 100% crit gem an raidant amth for loh an just facerolled everything.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    lvled my monk from 1-60 in 4 hours with my hellfire ring, leroics signet,radiant ruby for helm exp an mp10.
    All i did was use my raidant 100% crit gem an raidant amth for loh an just facerolled everything.
    Crit damage gem seems pretty pointless when you don't have any crit chance.

Deleted
    Im leveling in MP10 its ez.

15+ Year Old Account
    meh at lvl 20 i had around 28%-33%crit chance so i was doing pretty fine
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    meh at lvl 20 i had around 28%-33%crit chance so i was doing pretty fine
    From wha how?

Hello, I recently came back to game. Been leveling a wizard from past 4 days, easily over 20hrs now. Can someone explain me in simple what this MP leveling about and how can I do it ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Hello, I recently came back to game. Been leveling a wizard from past 4 days, easily over 20hrs now. Can someone explain me in simple what this MP leveling about and how can I do it ?
    MP1-10 = difficulty settings. Going higher means more MF and gold drops and more experience. Makes your alts level really fast.

Go Options>Gameplay>and enable monster power selection.

Then go and pick a new solo quest (i dont think public games works), choose monster power there down in the options and create the game. I warn you that Inferno MP seems to be different from Normal-Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by bewbilicious View Post
    I leveled a wizard 1-60 in under 10 hours with Cains / Hellfire / Xp gem in helm
    Pretty easy if you have someone that can open ACT3 Kill Azmodan quest, just run the core over and over
    Nice name :P

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    MP1-10 = difficulty settings. Going higher means more MF and gold drops and more experience. Makes your alts level really fast.

Go Options>Gameplay>and enable monster power selection.

Then go and pick a new solo quest (i dont think public games works), choose monster power there down in the options and create the game. I warn you that Inferno MP seems to be different from Normal-Hell.
    Nice, will checkout today.

Did you mean Inferno MP is same as normal hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruffi View Post
    Nice, will checkout today.

Did you mean Inferno MP is same as normal hell
    No. Monster health and damage and even the bonuses you get scale differently in different difficulty levels. You probably won't even notice a difference between 0 and 1-2 in Normal, but don't expect the same when you get to Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No. Monster health and damage and even the bonuses you get scale differently in different difficulty levels. You probably won't even notice a difference between 0 and 1-2 in Normal, but don't expect the same when you get to Inferno.
    ^This. Monster Power 1 in Inferno is a big step up from no Monster Power. But each step after that isn't as big. I can mow down MP1 Inferno, so I just tried out MP3 and it was only noticeably harder than MP1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    ^This. Monster Power 1 in Inferno is a big step up from no Monster Power. But each step after that isn't as big. I can mow down MP1 Inferno, so I just tried out MP3 and it was only noticeably harder than MP1.
    Err, no. It's the other way 'round, MP get progressively harder as you step it up, 0->1 is 14% more damage, 1->2 16% etc.. https://bnetcmseu-a.akamaihd.net/cms...692663.jpg?v=0

Well, unless you're talking about act 1 or 2, then that's because the monsters get scaled to level 63. :s

To get MP quest, do I need to have a 60 or diablo inferno kill on atleast one character?
    Cause I scroll down new quest in log, but don't see mp options. I have it enabled in game menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    MP get progressively harder as you step it up
    ...That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".