Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Leveling with Monster Power

Has anyone tried it yet? I had a level 20 Monk sitting around doing nothing, so I figured I'd see how hard it is. Put it on MP1, breezing through. So, I threw it up to MP6. It's slow going sometimes, but overall I'm doing good. Having socketed weapons to stick some crazy Life on Hit in there at this level doesn't hurt, nor does having awesome gear from having gold to spend. I got the Cain's set which gives 30%, plus MP levels, plus socketed helm, plus all the bonus experience on gear, and I'm leveling so fast.

I leveled a wizard 1-60 in under 10 hours with Cains / Hellfire / Xp gem in helm
    Pretty easy if you have someone that can open ACT3 Kill Azmodan quest, just run the core over and over

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bewbilicious View Post
    I leveled a wizard 1-60 in under 10 hours with Cains / Hellfire / Xp gem in helm
    Pretty easy if you have someone that can open ACT3 Kill Azmodan quest, just run the core over and over
    pritty much this my firend power lvled 2 people on mp 10 in a few hours lmao

get a firend to do it for you and you can prolly get it done in like half the time doing alkeizer esk runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Bit over 5 hours 1-60 doing 3 keeps/some craters. 1-30 is probably the worst part, you can level about as quickly on your own as a 60 can rush you. I ran Trixie through act 1 quests just for the comparison and she was level 5 at Leoric.

Deleted
    Did Barb 1-60 with MP10, was fun.

A reduced level weapon with high life on kill is pretty much mandatory once you start going through Hell on MP10. I have a level 44 staff with 1100 DPS and 5600 life on kill waiting for my new wizard. Will be impossible to die once I can use that.

10+ Year Old Account
    At level 40, I purchsed a 1200 dps windforce with level reduction. Im able to farm HELL on MP6. I should be 60 later tonight when I get home. The leveling is fast as hell with MP. Its so much faster and you get a lot of useable and sellable loot for lowbies.

Leveling in MP10 with Cain's set, 31% gem and hellfire ring is just crazy, did 31-38 in 15 minutes.

I leveled a WD from 17 to 60 in about 4 to 5 hours on mp10 with just a 25% gem in my helm. I upgraded my gear about every 10 levels. I'm about to do the same with a Monk. Get a weapon with a socket and life will be a breeze.

the first 30 lvls are a breeze, I leveled that part on mp10 without problems on my barb, at lvl 30 I bought a spectrum with 600 dps and that made things die very very fast. at lvl 42 I bought a very high dps weapon with 18 lvl reduction. I was lvl 60 during act 1 on hell and it didn't take that many hours to do

Currently going through hell on my barb on 9. It's damn fun. Just got half way through act 2 last night and am already 58. Got a couple legendary drops as well in the process. It's so much more entertaining the the mindnumbly boring difficulty it was before MP. I couldn't be bothered to level another class because normal through hell was just walking through everything with no threat of death, even playing with 4 others.

Now I have to be on my game or I get crushed, but my char does so much damage (got to love 1000dps+ weaps with reduced lvl) that I can stay alive with leech if I constantly cleave like mad and WW with sprint. It's the most fun I've had in the game in awhile.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by vadorkon View Post
    I leveled a WD from 17 to 60 in about 4 to 5 hours on mp10 with just a 25% gem in my helm. I upgraded my gear about every 10 levels. I'm about to do the same with a Monk. Get a weapon with a socket and life will be a breeze.
    Where exactly did you level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Where exactly did you level?
    Honestly leveling from 50-60 on MP 9 on my barb I really don't think it matters since you need to progress through the acts in order to get to inferno(unless you get someone to make a game for you). Just get as much movement speed as possible and blow up everything in your path just going for mission objectives. Even just on MP9 I was gaining a level every 20 min or so. Hit 60 by the time I was done act 2.

If you want to actually farm a certain spot though for exp. Best places are: Act 1- Halls of Agony/Watch Tower, Act 2 - Vault of the Assasin, Act 3 - Keep Depths/Heart of Sin. The have the most champions and huge packs of normal guys in a small area.

Edit: Also, this was not even with an exp gem in my helm, or any exp gear at all really.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-11-07 at 07:28 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    If you want to actually farm a certain spot though for exp. Best places are: Act 1- Halls of Agony/Watch Tower, Act 2 - Vault of the Assasin, Act 3 - Keep Depths/Heart of Sin. The have the most champions and huge packs of normal guys in a small area.
    Act 1 - Crypt of the Ancients is by far the best place, it's like 40-75 mobs and one elit pack there and you clear it in about 1 minute, that's where I did my 31-38 run in 15min.

Edit: The only places I leveled was Act 3 - Keep / Core and Crypt of the Ancients , think I could do 1-60 in less than 3 hours if the gear is pre-planned and ready to go.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2012-11-07 at 08:48 AM.

I'm levelling my 2nd barb on normal @MP9, can definitely do MP10 but 9 seems significantly quicker/smoother. Here is his gear. I'm on Act III now with MP9.

The health/experience progression for non-inferno MP levels is linear.

So, no MP is inherently better than any other.

I am playing with MP8 on hardcore in the early levels.

With 160% more XP and 140% more magic find along with some magic % gear, I already found 3 Legendaries at level 24 and just playing a few hours.

It was nice to see my avatar standing at level 23 before encountering Magda at level 17

My next project if this dies, will be to level a SC character at level 10 up to and including Hell.

Tremendous fun I guess.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-10 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    My next project if this dies, will be to level a SC character at level 10 up to and including Hell.
    I'm pretty sure you need level 30 to get into Nightmare and 50 to get into Hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    I dont really see the point in it. When I leveled, I skipped everything optional and still got more than enough exp to progress. So unless youre farming something, like Leorics signet, I dont really see the point in making it more difficult while gaining nothing..

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I dont really see the point in it. When I leveled, I skipped everything optional and still got more than enough exp to progress. So unless youre farming something, like Leorics signet, I dont really see the point in making it more difficult while gaining nothing..
    Doing it planned and prepared with gear upgrades in the stash you could potentially get to max level in 2 hours or so, provided you have some one opening games for you and killing Diablo. I'd say that's a fairly huge benefit as once you gone through it normally it's not that fun, the game is at max level and the faster you can get there the better it is.