Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    This is overwhelming. First i watch a video of an old man who gets his lifetime wish fulfill before he dies and now this. A man can only take on so much good at a one time.

    Also "Striding always onwards in our hearts". Very beautiful.

    Edit: Here is the video i was talking about btw http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c7_1352033207
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    There is no hidden roll. Only paranoia.
    "I was top dps and one of the 17 DPS below me won loot! CONSPIRACY!"
    "Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"
    -Bertrand Russell

  2. #42
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hitbox & Youtube
    Posts
    19,739
    This is one of those things that Blizz does right.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.


  3. #43
    High Overlord Bwutty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Over the rainbow..
    Posts
    183
    Woah, epic. Salute
    "Maybe we wouldn't keep getting hurt if we just expected the worst.."

    "Smiling doesn't always mean you're happy. Sometimes, it simply means you are a strong person"

  4. #44

  5. #45
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    I'm just confused why everyone on the official forums just straight up believed OP for no reason without any sources or proof, they just went along with "HEY HES DEAD GUYS"

  6. #46
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    12,205
    That is really awesome, thanks for giving me a smile today.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

  7. #47
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I'm just confused why everyone on the official forums just straight up believed OP for no reason without any sources or proof, they just went along with "HEY HES DEAD GUYS"
    Because why would someone go around lying about it? Any normal person wouldn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  8. #48
    Simply amazing. When you think Blizzard doesn't give 2 shots about the player base, this happens. Hats off to Blizzard, R.I.P. to your fallen brother.

  9. #49
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Because why would someone go around lying about it? Any normal person wouldn't
    Who the hell would lie about one of their close friends dying..dafuq dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Chuckadoodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville Florida
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    This is overwhelming. First i watch a video of an old man who gets his lifetime wish fulfill before he dies and now this. A man can only take on so much good at a one time.

    Also "Striding always onwards in our hearts". Very beautiful.

    Edit: Here is the video i was talking about btw http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4c7_1352033207
    Dude, why.. just come home from longday of work and this.... great story, RIP
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

  11. #51
    Brewmaster Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lake Outside Coral Village
    Posts
    1,271
    That is really awesome!!! May Odlaw rest in peach :3 I don't wear agility, but I shall purchase these boots in honor of him <3
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

  12. #52
    RIP Odlaw, and a very cool move by Blizzard.

  13. #53
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Odlaw...who?

    Blizzard are naming items based on random, non famous people who die now?

    Edit: So I googled him, and from what I can tell he's a guy...that made some random addons. How is that worthy of 'Striding always onwards in our hearts'?
    Last edited by Sareth; 2012-11-06 at 02:04 PM.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Odlaw...who?

    Blizzard are naming items based on random, non famous people who die now?
    I'm also interested in who this guy was, but theres no need to act like a jerk. If he was a part of the WoW community than I see no reason why Blizz should not make a tribute if they feel like it.

    If anyone could tell us who the person was than I could actually get involved in this next than saying "Blizz is awesome for doing this, like half people do here".

    That said, R.I.P...its fun to be remembered.

  15. #55
    Mechagnome Sareth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland, UK.
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm also interested in who this guy was, but theres no need to act like a jerk. If he was a part of the WoW community than I see no reason why Blizz should not make a tribute if they feel like it.

    If anyone could tell us who the person was than I could actually get involved in this next than saying "Blizz is awesome for doing this, like half people do here".

    That said, R.I.P...its fun to be remembered.
    I'm not being a 'jerk.' It just baffles me that many people that play WoW, because they are just normal people, die everyday, and yet they get no mention from Blizzard.
    'Lord Sargeras, sweep your molten fist through this world, so that it may be reborn in flames and darkness!'
    'So the light's vaunted justice has finally arrived.'
    'Boldly said. But I remain...unconvinced.'

    My Warrior

  16. #56
    Bashers of this thread need to be banned imo. Rest in Peace Odlaw, I never knew you, but from what I read I would have been a better person for it. <3
    You say that I'm cold, and sometimes I'm out of control.

  17. #57
    Clearly Sareth has no heart or soul.

    My heart goes out to you, Zurick, and everyone else who played with him. I have a group of people that I have been playing with for 4+ years as well, and I couldn't even imagine losing a single one of them like that. From what I read on your realm's thread he seemed like an amazing person and I'm sad that I never knew him.
    Caseybear - Pandaren Shaman - Lightbringer (US)
    Rilokiley - Undead Priest - Arthas (US)
    Soundtrack - Human Paladin - Blackwing Lair (US)
    Feist - Draenei Death Knight - Blackwing Lair (US)
    Loveshy -Blood Elf Warrior - Arthas (US)

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    421
    Kudos to Blizz US
    I haven’t noticed Blizz EU doing anything nice like that.
    RIP Odlaw

  19. #59
    Bloodsail Admiral Snaige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lithuania
    Posts
    1,239
    Incredibly nice of them, yay for blizz ^^

  20. #60
    wow. 10 chars

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •