Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How bad is elemental shaman in pvp at 90???

Leveling now in BGs..... this spec is awful. Nothing but a free kill to any rogue, mage, warrior, DK and Hunter. Hunters only because their still facerolling OP. I wont even bother with enhancement in pvp no matter how much I like to play enhance, enhance has to be the most shitted on spec of all time.

I dont just play shaman, I play Pally, Hunter, Lock, DK and Rogue so I am not coming at this from the perspective of wanting "my" class to be OP. OP specs are boring, my rogue can tell you plenty about that. Pally is my main, playing shaman now because im burned out on pally since launch.

Go Resto. I know it's probably not what you want to hear, but I always found that easier than being Elemental for PVP. (I haven't mained my Shaman since Wotlk though).
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Leveling now in BGs..... this spec is awful. Nothing but a free kill to any rogue, mage, warrior, DK and Hunter. Hunters only because their still facerolling OP. I wont even bother with enhancement in pvp no matter how much I like to play enhance, enhance has to be the most shitted on spec of all time.

I dont just play shaman, I play Pally, Hunter, Lock, DK and Rogue so I am not coming at this from the perspective of wanting "my" class to be OP. OP specs are boring, my rogue can tell you plenty about that. Pally is my main, playing shaman now because im burned out on pally since launch.
    Play the spec/class you like the most, who cares if it is considered to OP, or UP. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Play the spec/class you like the most, who cares if it is considered to OP, or UP. Seriously.
    Because I like to have a chance in pvp, not be a free kill, playing elemental in pvp is a free kill. Whats your favorite spec?? One of the ones that can 3 shot people?

I don't define "fun" as facerolling people, as I know allot of people do. You say play the class you like when the class you like is probably one of the OP specs. Try taking an elemental shaman into pvp and seeing what happens, try having fun with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisarius565 View Post
    Most people would like to be OP than UP.

It's no fun playing your favorite spec and clearly being at a disadvantage and that you're in a constant uphill battle in anything.

Ele is a frustrating experience in PVP right now.

You know that feeling when you see a Warlock or a Spriest on the other team?
    You NEVER get that feeling when you see an Elemental on the other side.

Instead you feel "whelp, that's our focus target because he has no defensives."

Save yourself the headaches and rage. Go Resto or don't PVP seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Svarbald View Post
    Because I like to have a chance in pvp, not be a free kill, playing elemental in pvp is a free kill. Whats your favorite spec?? One of the ones that can 3 shot people?

I don't define "fun" as facerolling people, as I know allot of people do. You say play the class you like when the class you like is probably one of the OP specs. Try taking an elemental shaman into pvp and seeing what happens, try having fun with that.
    My favorite spec is survival hunter in pvp, yeah definitely extremely overpowered now. Your right I should play an elemental shaman in pvp, just to show that underutilized specs still have some role as well.

Elemental is not free kill if he know how to play.

Some troll thread this or something? I much rather meet a spriest or warlock than a damn ele shaman in arena at 90 any day, they are impossible to kill and just one shots everyone. Apparently thy can heal up full in no time as well nad use theire elementals in arena now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4dus View Post
    Elemental is not free kill if he know how to play.
    This pretty much, neither is Enhancement shaman.

Both Ele and Enha shamans are pretty good in PvP, especially in BGs. Though in arena they're not doing badly either. Enha shamans have great burst and so do ele shamans.

Deleted
    So can you give us arguments what elemental should do to not not die easy as hell.
    And bgs, rly who cares about battlegrounds? Its so mixed there sometimes you get nuked alot sometimes you dont. You sometimes do fine, sometimes its hard! We talk arena here, where its all on yourself to do anything. But you cant, cuz you are playing elemental shaman, but please give me some advice or atleast give some argument in what way elemental is good in arena

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    they are impossible to kill and just one shots everyone. Apparently thy can heal up full in no time...
    Haha, greatest joke I have heard in a long time.

Ele's defensive cooldowns are a joke compared to other classes defensive cooldowns. Compare Astral shift with double deterrence / double ice block + ice barrier + wards + images / dispersion + shield etc etc... Most melee classes have a good way to counter thunderstorm as well as root totem or frost shock (AMS/cloak/avatar says hi).
    I agree, our dmg is insane... IF we are allowed to cast, but EVERY not-braindead enemy team will ever let that happen. If you are locked down and have to play defensively, your dmg gets hurt seriously...

Deleted
    I played LSP as Paladin to 2.350 this season in 3 and a half hours, eles fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    I'd like to see proof of that claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Haha, greatest joke I have heard in a long time.

Ele's defensive cooldowns are a joke compared to other classes defensive cooldowns. Compare Astral shift with double deterrence / double ice block + ice barrier + wards + images / dispersion + shield etc etc... Most melee classes have a good way to counter thunderstorm as well as root totem or frost shock (AMS/cloak/avatar says hi).
    I agree, our dmg is insane... IF we are allowed to cast, but EVERY not-braindead enemy team will ever let that happen. If you are locked down and have to play defensively, your dmg gets hurt seriously...
    Yea mon thats right im atm trying to explain this to some "WOW i got 1shot with bersek buff from a destro lock" but they dont know how much this can be done in a decent arena match they think lock will be on a pillar far from them or something.

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    Link to character ? Otherwise, this not happened.
    Victory to the Alliance !

l2p is, unfortunately, really what you should be taking away from this. Given enough time and practice I could relearn how to pvp as an ele shaman and be a force to reckon with. However I would say ele is the weakest DPS caster currently for pvp, so unless you want ot put in all that effort to be as good as a moderate mage, lock etc., and to have an artificial roof to how well you can do, I would roll another class.

Enhance on the other hand, feels really great
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalan View Post
    Link to character ? Otherwise, this not happened.
    Maybe they were playing 2 healer + lock and then switched to Ele just to make it look like he'd been ele all the time? Could see that happening. :|

When people talk about classes being overpowered, what they're saying is that there is a small percentage of time when evenly skilled people come together and balancing comes into play. most of the time, 3 better people will win against 3 people that aren't as great. Ele shamans are glass cannons, and kind of always have been.

This is extremely useful in certain cases (getting kills when your team's cc lines up, focusing people in a bg, kiting and tanking the three people that are inevitably gunning for you). All in all, if you like the spec, play it and find a comp that lets you cast. In Cata, Affliction warlocks were a huge issue when left to cast because of sheer output over time, ele shamans were the same way. Now, locks have a few more escapes than before, and shamans do too. because of the talent system, you won't get things that resto can't get, and resto isn't getting buffed in that area any time soon.

Hide on the outskirts of fights, tell people to peel for you, use your off heals.

elemental is great atm, granted its not on the level of war/mage/hunter or even shadow priest, but they have amazing burst, the downside is proper survivability cds and the need to chain cast

Low level pvp is always unbalanced, Blizzard only intervenes when something is incredibly broken. Frankly it is not a hefty price to pay for a game that is much better tested than any other mmo out there *looks at GW2*