Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    I shadowmelded in a puddle in Zangarmarsh once to avoid being ganked by a team of 4-5 level 70s when i was a 62 (it worked, they ran over the top of me and couldn't find where I went.) I'd like to think gank avoidance is a skill.
    I generally don't kill low level players as I tend to just ignore them, doesn't mean I haven't done so in the past. I have had it done to me, and I've paid it forward. Not that often any more though. But If archaeology takes me to Hilsbrad Foothills and I see any Horde running about, count on being ganked. "For SOUTHSHORE!!!"

    Blizzard took that old battleground away from us, I like to think I'm doing my bit to get it back by flattening Tarren Mill every time I fly over it. For old times sake.
    (Blizzard should add SS v TM as a scenario)

    I still get ganked even as a lvl90, my server is like 9-1 horde dominated, when I do dailies it's rare to see any other ally even in zone, compared to the 4-5 horde hovering around waiting to group jump me whenever I land to kill my daily bunch of Mogu. It happens, you rez and get on with it.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    There is no problem. People are playing a roleplaying game as characters at war on a PVP server. I think the problem is with you, sorry.


    You knew, but you still needed to be told because you made the worst Game-RL comparison I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
    Yes, there are real people behind the characters, and those real people are playing a roleplaying game called World of Warcraft where they get to choose between 2 warring factions and play on a PVP server. Ganking lowbies isn't honourable, no, but you're an idiot if you bring real life into a roleplaying game about war and conflict.
    And you don't think that the PVP zones are PVP zones so people who actually quest there and level up could clash with eachother instead of people who have far outleveled the zone come there for the sole purpose of e-peen? I got to question your mental capabilities.

  3. #183
    The Patient Laerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Your armory, Spongebob?

    PvP isn't my prime reason to play WoW, but I did my fair share...and not as some bot, nor buying rating.

    For more true PvP, you can always meet me in BF3 where I'd knife you 3x in a row before you can get one round off.

    Look mom, no hacks, either!

    Have no reason to brag. No reason to kill lowbies to feel special, either. The only folks I get a joy killing in PvP in WoW are the mouthers and idiots who think only red = dead. And I'll do it even as a Holy paladin...and have done it.

    So take that holey sponge right on back into the game, where killing 50 level lower players is considered total "skill".
    Are you retarded? It isn't a question of skill mate. red is dead its that simple if you rage whisper me or bitch on the forums my job is done here.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman123 View Post
    Dear God..the amount of whining in this post is just freaking hilarious and sad. Some of y'all were not hugged enough as lil kids apparently..because now people that do this are "bullying" you, lmao. It is APART of the game, if you don't like it, cry a river and switch servers then. It has nothing to do with someone having a mental issue and wanting to do it to watch you suffer and cry lol. I do it for the hell of it on the RP server I play on if idiots are dumb enough to walk around flagged. It happens to almost everyone, so stop whining and running your mouths about it cause nothing is going to change the simple fact that it is going to happen.
    P.S. Great to know i'm crazy and feel bad for myself and i'm not good enough for anyone and that im such a coward because I do it, thank you Mr. Psychologist guy that probably has never taken a psychology class in his/her life.
    best post so far, these people are laughable

  5. #185
    You are soooo bitter. Get over it or change realm, kitty. Your over-analyzing bullshit is pathetic. I might gank you simply to see you nerd rage in frustration. Honestly. This, what you are doing, is what is really the problem with this game. People bitch whenever they encounter a little ruthlessness. Suck it up!

  6. #186
    Probably a Rogue that feels underpowered now he can't one shot gearing up players in PvP, so he just goes to low level zones and ganks players. Makes him feel more of a man I guess.

  7. #187
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,334
    I'm not going to drag out tired all adages we're sick to death of like "red equals dead", but let me flip it around and pose this question to you:

    Why do people, knowing full-well the rules of and what to expect on a PvP server when leveling a new character, feel in any way, shape or form like they're entitled to some kind of free pass from those rules?
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  8. #188
    People gank low level players out of sheer stupidity.
    The "red is dead" code is pathetic, and only bad players use it as an excuse to feel powerful while they — at last — kill someone.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    You knew, but you still needed to be told because you made the worst Game-RL comparison I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
    Yes, there are real people behind the characters, and those real people are playing a roleplaying game called World of Warcraft where they get to choose between 2 warring factions and play on a PVP server. Ganking lowbies isn't honourable, no, but you're an idiot if you bring real life into a roleplaying game about war and conflict.
    The players still are rl people.. it doesn't matter how much you call this is roleplaying game.
    Doing something which is part of a game, is fine..... even killing a lower level player from the other faction ONCE is fine.
    But killing him over and over again.. no.. how much you say it is a roleplaying game.. that still is sick. because that has nothing to do with playing the game.
    Why not kill a lower level npc over and over again? Would be the same thing....
    But no, because there is another aspect to this.

    So you can call me a fool or an idiot, but that will not change anything.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-11-05 at 12:18 PM.

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    You are soooo bitter. Get over it or change realm, kitty. Your over-analyzing bullshit is pathetic. I might gank you simply to see you nerd rage in frustration. Honestly. This, what you are doing, is what is really the problem with this game. People bitch whenever they encounter a little ruthlessness. Suck it up!
    Or you gank lowbies cos you are bad. Would love to see you 1v1 someone the same level as you, bet you get your ass kicked.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    People gank low level players out of sheer stupidity.
    The "red is dead" code is pathetic, and only bad players use it as an excuse to feel powerful while they — at last — kill someone.
    This, unfortunately but true.

  12. #192
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullkas View Post
    In Warhammer Online if you come to low lvl PvP zone you will turn to chicken with 1 HP and you will remain like that until someone kills you.
    Hmmmmmm.

    I just don't get it when folks consider PvP is but ganking. They assume everyone has a maxed out geared main by doing so, or a guild that gives a damn to help, when you can say most don't. It's why they go with their arena buddies, even, as their own guild doesn't care.

    But +1 to Warhammer in keeping PvP what it should be, an actual challenge with players closer to each level.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    You are soooo bitter. Get over it or change realm, kitty. Your over-analyzing bullshit is pathetic. I might gank you simply to see you nerd rage in frustration. Honestly. This, what you are doing, is what is really the problem with this game. People bitch whenever they encounter a little ruthlessness. Suck it up!
    This is not directed to me but still..... are you a player who has fun in ganking lower level players?

  14. #194
    I always love the idiots and jackasses who scream 'HURR JUST PLAY ON PVE, DON'T ROLL PVP, U KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOIN'.

    No, no I didn't know what I was doing. Unless you heard from others then neither did you. There is no note when you sign on to a pvp server that EVER mentions unfair behavior like ganking, corpse camping, killing of quest NPCs. If it had I wouldn't have rolled. However, I was well established on a server before ganking ever because a problem (resurgence of players in Cata) and by then I had far too many characters to be able to transfer and starting over new was out of the question too since this server was where all my friends were. I was forced to bite the bullet and just deal with it. Doesn't mean that I'm wrong when I say that every single person I've ever met who ganked me and stuck around was a spineless idiot who ran at the very first sign of a challenge. They do it because they know it ruin's someone else's fun. Same reason people troll. It's the socipathic side of them that comes out when behind the anonymity of the internet. They can feel free to deny it or come up with any bullshit excuse or rationalization they want, the phenomenon is well documented, they aren't kidding anyone.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Or you gank lowbies cos you are bad. Would love to see you 1v1 someone the same level as you, bet you get your ass kicked.
    This is my opinion also. Also not always bad, just not the confidence to step up to people who are considered equal, because there is a chance to loose.

  16. #196
    Blademaster Trigaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Nagrand
    Posts
    39
    I've been playing wow for just over 6 years and I can remember levelling my first character with a friend we would level in 3's because it was fun. We was a rogue a Paladin and a shaman, I can remember questing and suddenly a skull level horde attacks us and kills us, he then ganked us for hours we would try to escape or fight back eventually we logged off. I was pissed because back then I could play 2 hours a day max. Next day I log on alone and the guy is still there, I decided to level a alt for tht day. I don't know why he would do what he did but I would never do that because I know how annoying it can be.

  17. #197
    The Patient Laerath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    256
    Indeed well said sir. I myself have been ganked for hours on end the best feeling ive had in this game was evading the 2 level 90 warriors ganking my lvl 49 pala.

  18. #198
    It's WarCraft, isn't it? All's fair in war?

    Pussies.

  19. #199
    I just tried to gank a 90 Warrior as an 85 DK with Spear of Xuen and S11 PvP gear. Neither of us died, and shortly thereafter I realized he probably had Second Wind, and 3% of 337K is about 10K. So I'd have to do more than 10K/s from 30% to 0% to kill him. It was still fun and funny, although not my brightest moment. I bet he was upset he couldn't kill me either. I kited him at max range and then mounted and flew away.

    The next day I did kill a 90 Priest at half life with the same gear. /flex

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerath View Post
    Indeed well said sir. I myself have been ganked for hours on end the best feeling ive had in this game was evading the 2 level 90 warriors ganking my lvl 49 pala.
    This comment shows all the complainers up for the crybabies they really are. You belong on a PvP server, all those others don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •