Page 1 of 20
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Why do people still gank lower level players?

    I'm just in Nagrand talking to someone when an epic geared rogue comes up to me, stuns me, and kills me. I release and come back to my corpse, then realize he's corpse camping me. This goes on a few times until I finally give up and log off.

    Why do people do this? We've all been ganked and we've all gotten pissed off about it. It takes no skill whatsoever to gank someone and all it does is succeed in angering another player who's just trying to go about their business. Why do people have to be so terrible to each other? What psychological need is fulfilled by killing someone who can't defend themselves? Can't you at least wait until someone hits 90? I just don't understand people.

  2. #2
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Simple because this is a code that we do

    Red = Dead

    However I do have some humanity in me to not hunt people / Low levels for hours and hours however if I see you on sight when doing dailies or such you are going to die.

  3. #3
    It basically comes down to them having a weak ego, and needing to be able to crush someone without the possibility of them being beaten.

    Instead of getting the gratification of beating someone on equal footing, they get that feeling from basically stomping on the defenseless.

  4. #4
    That's what I never understood. How is "let's make 'kill 10 boars' take twice as long" a code? It's fine if they're max level and up and moving, but why kill someone 20 levels lower than you or someone who's sitting in a field afk?

  5. #5
    In the hopes that one day we come across a thread complaining about being ganked thats erily similar to how we just finished ganking someone, only to realize that it is about the same thing we just did and not only do we get 2 mins of fame but we get the general satisfaction of knowing for certain that we ruined someones gametime for personal enjoyment and the fact that our actions could have such a significant effect on someone else life makes us feel connected in some wierd way but not as equals but as a god towering over youre puny low level character invading the pixels of my screen....oh dear i have typed myself into a rant...what was this about again?

  6. #6
    Some people are bags of foulness. I enjoy watching you tube videos, making a sandwich and chilling for a bit while I watch them camp my corpse.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    It basically comes down to them having a weak ego, and needing to be able to crush someone without the possibility of them being beaten.

    Instead of getting the gratification of beating someone on equal footing, they get that feeling from basically stomping on the defenseless.
    Ya...that's not true at all. You can't speak for all the people who do this. If Blizz didn't want this mechanic in place they would have changed it years ago. It's simple, you play on pvp, expect to die from any level. Simple as that. Doesn't have to do with ego, doesnt have to do with weakness...its just there. STOP making these threads its just an absolute cancer-fest of whiners. Sorry OP, gotta deal with it man.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    It basically comes down to them having a weak ego, and needing to be able to crush someone without the possibility of them being beaten.

    Instead of getting the gratification of beating someone on equal footing, they get that feeling from basically stomping on the defenseless.
    im gonna have to say that I GANK because i want to give people the same experience i had leveling on my server... sure it serves no viable purpose, but idgaf, everybody gotta go through it. its not world of levelyourtooninpeacecraft... its warcraft... and its a roll playing game, so if im on my 90 horde monk, your a dead ally, because when im on my monk, its eff the allys... if im on my 90 ally pally, your a dead horde, cause when im on my ally its eff the horde... why does everybody who ganks lowbies have to be "insecure"? imo, ganking is part of earning your pvp server stripes... then once ur at max lvl, you get to pass it on. no big deal... in fact ur lucky that i typically dont have the time to camp you when im ganking...

  9. #9
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    You're not doing a very good job if he can farm you like that.

    Go rez behind a tree or something and run for it, don't whine and cry about it, that mentality already ruined the game over the last 4-5 years.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    all it does is succeed in angering another player who's just trying to go about their business.
    That's usually my reason =o Can't take the heat? Roll PvE server.

    PvP servers are all about gathering up a few m8s and ganking the shit out of a low level map hoping that he brings a few m8s and hunts you down for revenge =) Nothing like ganking people in nagrand and then running of to the arena for a showdown ;o

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    You're not doing a very good job if he can farm you like that.

    Go rez behind a tree or something and run for it, don't whine and cry about it, that mentality already ruined the game over the last 4-5 years.
    ^^^^ this so much. I've died many times from ganks, sure i get frustrated but i don't let them get to me in the end. I rez secretly, i run, and i hearth. People expect to have a safe journey while leveling....Not going to happen

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Elpalmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Christchurch, NZ
    Posts
    759
    Because it's funny when they rage at you on forums, they are asking for it if they playing on a PvP server

  13. #13
    High Overlord Codyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Meet me at Adams Morgan
    Posts
    148
    Same reason bullies exist, to feel better about themselves through other's misfortune.
    Last edited by Codyak; 2012-11-05 at 04:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Cause they are jerks plain and simple killing a player who has no chance of beating you is a jerk move done by the no skill players who think they are good at PVP, and none of this red=dead shit here that's just a crappy excuse.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrewsWillis View Post
    im gonna have to say that I GANK because i want to give people the same experience i had leveling on my server... sure it serves no viable purpose, but idgaf, everybody gotta go through it. its not world of levelyourtooninpeacecraft... its warcraft... and its a roll playing game, so if im on my 90 horde monk, your a dead ally, because when im on my monk, its eff the allys... if im on my 90 ally pally, your a dead horde, cause when im on my ally its eff the horde... why does everybody who ganks lowbies have to be "insecure"? imo, ganking is part of earning your pvp server stripes... then once ur at max lvl, you get to pass it on. no big deal... in fact ur lucky that i typically dont have the time to camp you when im ganking...
    This reminds me of that experiment they did where they left out a bunch of iPods out in public and waited for the people who took them to activate them online. When they confronted the people, some said "Well, mine was stolen so I just took this one because it happens to me." Basically "People ruined my day so I'm going to ruin someone else's."

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    This reminds me of that experiment they did where they left out a bunch of iPods out in public and waited for the people who took them to activate them online. When they confronted the people, some said "Well, mine was stolen so I just took this one because it happens to me." Basically "People ruined my day so I'm going to ruin someone else's."

    I kill for one reason. Red is dead, period. Level 1, level 90, level 40. It doesn't matter. Don't like it? Don't roll on a PvP server. Its like playing football then complaining because you have helmet bruises on your arms and overall whining like a bitch. PvE servers are ---- > way.

    Hell, I cam Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes all the time. Why you ask? It starts up world pvp. Enough whining and 90s show up.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Darkrulerxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Cause they are jerks plain and simple killing a player who has no chance of beating you is a jerk move done by the no skill players who think they are good at PVP, and none of this red=dead shit here that's just a crappy excuse.
    So you met these players IRL and by your observations because they gank they are assumed to be jerks? what about skill? i play in arena and decent at it and i world pvp, max levels and lower levels. You're telling me i have no skill or that i'm a jerk? you have such the idiotic arguments swirling above your head. PVP servers are meant for no holding back carnage. You can't deal with it? quit the game and whine on the forums...i'll be waiting for you.

    Same reason bullies exist, to feel better about themselves through others misfortune.
    You too with the whimsical omniscient observations that they are proven to be bullies? Pathetic man come back with real arguments before you try to explain reasoning behind a MECHANIC that has been in play since Vanilla...and let me tell you. you wont win

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    This reminds me of that experiment they did where they left out a bunch of iPods out in public and waited for the people who took them to activate them online. When they confronted the people, some said "Well, mine was stolen so I just took this one because it happens to me." Basically "People ruined my day so I'm going to ruin someone else's."
    And this is the exact reason I don't gank, etc. Aside from considering it morally wrong, it just creates an endless cycle of misery. If somebody wrongs you, don't go wrong someone else as revenge.

    Go back and ruin the original person's day =P

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I kill for one reason. Red is dead, period. Level 1, level 90, level 40. It doesn't matter. Don't like it? Don't roll on a PvP server. Its like playing football then complaining because you have helmet bruises on your arms and overall whining like a bitch. PvE servers are ---- > way.

    Hell, I cam Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes all the time. Why you ask? It starts up world pvp. Enough whining and 90s show up.
    If you want to use analogies do more accurate ones. It's like playing rugby at primary school then being put up against the All Blacks.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    Cause they are jerks plain and simple killing a player who has no chance of beating you is a jerk move done by the no skill players who think they are good at PVP, and none of this red=dead shit here that's just a crappy excuse.
    Idd - they are bullies because irl they are fails - bullied at school or work they take out their failure in the one place they feel they have some power. I suppose it is better they do it in wow than find small children or pets to kill but they are fails and not worth a damn. Little boys getting their jollies killing need to deal with their rl issues before they get out of hand.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 04:47 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    I kill for one reason. Red is dead, period. Level 1, level 90, level 40. It doesn't matter. Don't like it? Don't roll on a PvP server. Its like playing football then complaining because you have helmet bruises on your arms and overall whining like a bitch. PvE servers are ---- > way.

    Hell, I cam Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes all the time. Why you ask? It starts up world pvp. Enough whining and 90s show up.
    I bet your mummy thinks you are a hero

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •