Deleted

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Enrage problem

Hello Guys~

I was on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder 3 hours last night, for an wipefest on this guy, we started out with problem with the spirit totems untill we got an Addon which helped us out A LOT. but then we ran into another problem... enrage timer.. we kept hitting it at about 16~22%.

We've asked about each of our DPS'es DPS on their recount, and they said their all on about 40~55k DPS.

We deal with totems as I said with an addon, and in there our healer's quickly top everyone up to 100% and then keep on healing them for stacks, people DPS the adds in there, but if there is like 1-3 left, they leave earlier to maximize their DPS on the boss with their buff.

So what are we doing wrong? Sowwie I Can't provide with WoL, forgot it last night.

Your dps is very very low. That is the only answer. Get new dps or teach them how to play the game better.

your dps is really low
    55k should likely be the low end, not the high end.
    high end should be 80k+

Quote Originally Posted by geroth View Post
    Your dps is very very low. That is the only answer. Get new dps or teach them how to play the game better.
    Well this guy is a douche about it. But it might be a problem with how you're stacking the buff.... I'm not really sure how it works, but in the spirit world, your healers super overheal the DPS, and they get a buff that makes them do more damage, and you use that buff to help move along the boss's asswhoopin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Provide the following info:

Raid comp
    Amount of healers
    Reasons why each dps isn't doing at least 50k+

That'll help us help you.

40k dps is not enough for DPS on this encounter, you need a 50k average including tanks (so 8 people á 50k = 400k dps total)

the healers need to spam their biggest heal inside totem, to get as much stacks of crit/haste on everyone as possible, boosting the dps once back to the troll quite a bit.

dont leave early, stay down as much as possible to get as much stacks too and keep the trolls low.
    once at 30% do not use totems anymore just get everything out and nuke him (some people like to use bloodlust/etc here, others do it a bit after pull already)

we had the same problem until we noticed that big heals help way more with the crit/haste stacks

another important thing is to have the totems down fast with 1 healer and 2 dps inside, if you take 10 seconds just to organize the 3 people to go down, you lose just to much time on getting stacks and nuking adds.

10 or 25? If 10, are you two-healing? In many respects, it's easier if you two-heal it (and the next two fights after it, too) -- just be sure that on each totem whatever healer goes in gets everyone up to 100% (for the button) quickly, then hops back out ASAP. Don't need to worry about trying to stack the buff or anything with two heals, and the berserk timer shouldn't be an issue.

Deleted
    its 10 man, we're running with this setup;
    Tanks;
    Monk
    Death Knight
    Warlock
    _______________________-
    Healers
    Druid
    Priest(Holy)
    Paladin

Well 40-55k might be low said, I just spoke with one of the DPS, and he said he is usally about 55-60k, and so is our other top DPS.

Tanks are at abour 30-37k DPS when we wipe-

Edit;
    Last edited by mmoc2fad8d5eb5; 2012-11-05 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhenaya View Post
    40k dps is not enough for DPS on this encounter, you need a 50k average including tanks (so 8 people á 50k = 400k dps total)
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ehvii...?s=1703&e=2055

From our terrible alt run this week, barely beat the enrage timer. So no, you don't necessarily need 50K on average, but DPSers do need to get their buff stacked to a full 22% and maximize their uptime on the boss. Another thing that may help OP is only sending 2 people down, 1 DPS 1 Healer. 1 DPS is usually enough to take out 5 or 6 adds if not more. Tanks can also help on adds before killing the severer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/ehvii...?s=1703&e=2055

From our terrible alt run this week, barely beat the enrage timer. So no, you don't necessarily need 50K on average, but DPSers do need to get their buff stacked to a full 22% and maximize their uptime on the boss. Another thing that may help OP is only sending 2 people down, 1 DPS 1 Healer. 1 DPS is usually enough to take out 5 or 6 adds if not more. Tanks can also help on adds before killing the severer.

But the totem takes the 3 nearest people in doesn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitchie View Post
    Within 6 yards
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Well, to be blunt, dps is low. You don't need a addon or anything to sort it out in 10man, it's very simple. I'll explain how we do it, it's not the definate way but it works for us, every time. We go with 3 healers, 2 tanks and 5dps most of the time, depends if I'm bored and want to dps then we do it with 2 healers, but most of the time, we just have 3 healers. Usually we have 3 melee and 2 ranged btw.

Our Raid setup:

Monk tank
    Warrior tank

Priest healer (me)
    Shaman healer
    Paladin healer

Combat Rogue
    Frost Death Knight
    Enhancement shaman
    Affliction warlock
    Fire mage

Before we start the encounter we assign two people. One who will call out who should go in to the spirit realm to do damage and one who announces what healer that walks in with him or them (for the healer announcer have power bars on if you go with the regular UI to see who has most/least mana). These two will respectively keep track of Vodoo dolls and call who should be going in next prior to totem spawning but with the banishment (ability that swaps vodoo dolls) in mind. The two main priority people to go in are our warlock and our firemage with the backup of our enhancement shaman, we take every totem.

When the fight starts we pop blood lust and every possible external raid cd, such as stormlash and skull banner (we have two stormlashes back to back which is nice!) our goal is always to get him to 80% or lower before first totem spawns. When the first totem spawns we send in our warlock (unless vodoo dolled, then the firemage goes) and they just dot everything in there and get out. We call out as soon as we can who goes into next totem so that we can kill them within 10seconds of spawning. At the end of every "turn" in the spirit realm the people inside call out roughly how many are still alive ahead of next "turn" inside so we know if we will have problems.

In case we do fall behind on adds we call it out and one of our melee dps (preferably our enhancement shaman since he has the best mobility of them) goes in and helps out cleaning out the shop. The same goes right before his soft enrage at 20% (maybe it's 30%, I can't recall), we just send in 2 instead of 1 dps (sometimes 3 if they've been lazy!) and just destroy every add in there.

At soft enrage we all stack up as much we can and we rotate cds for safety and coordination practice. We call out who uses what and who goes next, tanks follow suit with cds appropriate to the amount they will take, for an example they don't use shield wall during healing tide totem or divine hymn. If dps is, for some reason slow and there start to be overwhelmingly much adds at the end we call out for our rogue to use smoke bomb. It makes all adds unable to hit the raid for a good 5 (7 if for some reason your rogue has it glyphed) seconds.

Doing this we almost had a minute to spare on the enrage, though we are pretty god damn geared at this time anyway. As you can tell we do not put much focus on the buff inside of the spirit realm, though it's great it feels like more of a hassle than needed.

Deleted
    Nope it does not. It takes the people who are standing within the circle
    We killed it yesterday with two healers. The enrage was a non issue. A healer went in with two dps, healed them to full, healed himself to full and got out as fast as possible to assist the other healer. Healing was quite scary outside but managable if tanks popped cds at the right time.

Deleted
    WoL parses aren't very accurate here due to the spirit realm.
    We 3 man heal it and still beat the enrage timer by 25s. It seems like you're taking the same approach as us. Are you able to link WoL parses from different bosses? It might very well be that you're executing the tactics right but that some people aren't performing as well as they should be, especially since your tanks do 30-37k(Ours do like 25k).

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Nope it does not. It takes the people who are standing within the circle
    It takes 3 people inside it at random who are not under the effect of voodoo doll. We've had it happen that due to the raid stacking up at a spawn point we had the wrong people going in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    WoL parses aren't very accurate here due to the spirit realm.
    We 3 man heal it and still beat the enrage timer by 25s. It seems like you're taking the same approach as us. Are you able to link WoL parses from different bosses? It might very well be that you're executing the tactics right but that some people aren't performing as well as they should be, especially since your tanks do 30-37k(Ours do like 25k).
    How can our tank be wrong if they do that much DPS? both our tanks have 374-376 Ilevel.

I am afraid I won't be able to get WoL before tonight.

Deleted
    How can our tank be wrong if they do that much DPS? both our tanks have 374-376 Ilevel.

I am afraid I won't be able to get WoL before tonight.
    I'm sorry, you misunderstand me. If your tanks do more average DPS, then your actual DPS need to do much less in order to get to the same average, so I believe the issue is your DPS players.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    We roll with

1 prot pala
    1 prot warr

1 rogue (assassin)
    1 dk (frost)
    1 spriest
    1 fire mage
    1 destro lock
    1 ele shaman

1 monk healer
    1 holy priest

We have the same guys going in (mage, lock) with a backup assigned incase they are dolled. The healers rotate depending on who has doll debuff
    When ever i go in, I spam my most expensive, quickest heals to the range so they can nuke down adds and get back on the boss. This also increases dps through the buff.
    BL at 30% and the enrage timer is never an issue.

Looking at what you said, I am seeing a problem with the dps.

Deleted
    With the setup you linked the shadow priest and the warlock should be able to handle the realm phase pretty much alone with the help from the hunter if things go apeshit. Is your group badly geared still? Because then dots might not be able to handle it on it's own. I know if I go shadow my dots handle 7 or so together with a placed halo in the middle.

They should use their fast heals btw, every heal stacks the buff once, long heals obviously takes longer to ramp up the heal, though 2 heals per person is usually what they get for us so..

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actaully.. some tanks are very very high on DPS. I mean top dps on stone guard hc last week was a guardian druid doing 212k. Also a recommendation for the OP. If you are rolling with a prot paladin, get them to glyph battle healer and use prism. Its like have a smart half a healer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perceus View Post
    Actaully.. some tanks are very very high on DPS. I mean top dps on stone guard hc last week was a guardian druid doing 212k. Also a recommendation for the OP. If you are rolling with a prot paladin, get them to glyph battle healer and use prism. Its like have a smart half a healer
    When using 2 healers, its much more confortable if the protection paladin goes full on damage reduction instead of healing because of the voodoo dolls (= less raid damage, less stress on the healers)