Monk in need of Stun prevention/Reduction Talents.

One thing I have observed playing my monk is once I have used my Trinket, I can pretty much kiss any thought of winning a fight goodbye if I am stunned again for any significant amount of time.

I think Monks really need a talent or SOMETHING as Windwalker that allows them to not be completely gibbed when Stunned. Vsing Warrior or Ret Pally, I die within the Duration of their stuns, which have a far less CD than my Trinket.

I was thinking maybe something like Shamans Astral Shift. Where Whilst Stunned take reduced damage due to being able to transcend for the time, call it "Meditative Mind" or something. Or maybe even just reduce the duration of Stuns. or give an Ability of the WW be able to break stun on use like IBF. Just SOMETHING.

Anyone else have an Ideas?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    It's not just stuns. Roots, fears and other cc are a huge problem too. We can get out of roots once every 30 seconds, and out of cc with the 2 minute trinket and that's it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You actually managed to see last seconds of Shockwave?

OT: I don't know. I'm yet to play a monk to see what's going on (leveling one). At the moment I've got no issues against any type of monks, and as I said, warriors and reta paladins (during cooldowns) are doing insane damage, you're not the only one dying to them in stuns.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-11-05 at 10:27 AM. Reason: TYPO!

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    You actually managed to see last seconds of Shockwave?

OT: I don't know. I'm yet to play a monk to see what's going on (leveling one). At the moment I've got no issues against any type of monks, and as I said, warriors and reta paladins (during cooldowns) are doing insane damage, you're not the only one dying to them in stuns.
    They were just 2 examples, since they tend to be the ones that drop me through CC the Fastest. As Paraalso said we have pretty much zero CC protection at all.
    Not very fun when all a class needs to do is be able to Snare/slow/stun/fear you to win outside of a trinket. Seems Range is also a big disability, As I can pretty much wail on someone easily as all my other melee classes as long as they are within a reasonable distance, yet Monks seem to be literally standing on top of the enemy (or infront of them if you are lagging a bit) to even damage them.

It is saddening that such a fun PvE class will probably be shelfed by me since I will only be able to play half the game, as PvP just feels useless for me at the moment as WW, I went Brewmaster PvP for a try since it is my MS and while I live forever, just don't do any damage to players due to Resil, so It just stalemates.

Sad times.

10+ Year Old Account
    free off cd touch of karma on stunners with a 30 sec internal cd. fixt.

whenever i encounter a monk i get a 6 second magic stun into a 4 sec physical stun into a 3 sec silence into a 4 sec magic stun again. A ranged disarm, and a root seems to be in monks tookit too. I have no idea how a monk can complain about cc.

Deleted
    I'd like to see Dampen Harm and Diffuse Magic become usable while under CC. It would effectively let use get rid of magical cc once every 1½ minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Monks seem to be literally standing on top of the enemy (or infront of them if you are lagging a bit) to even damage them.
    Sad times.
    Amen to that. The amount of times i simply cant jab cause im out of range... drives me insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    whenever i encounter a monk i get a 6 second magic stun into a 4 sec physical stun into a 3 sec silence into a 4 sec magic stun again. A ranged disarm, and a root seems to be in monks tookit too. I have no idea how a monk can complain about cc.
    I don't know which game you're playing, but these are the WoW forums. Those things don't exist in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    The 6 sec "magical stun" is actually a incapacitate, like Gouge, meaning it breaks on damage, the physical stun is Clunky as hell as many times i've literally stood on people and used leg sweep and they move about 15 yrds then get stunned, like the old problem warriors had with jump charging, the Silence is only if you are facing the monk and he has managed to get in Melee range. the 4 sec "gouge" again still not a stun. The Disarm at 40 yrds is good but useless if the monk is snare or rooted as you get your weapon back before the monk can do anything about it anyway. and the root requires Melee Range which falls into the same annoyance as just trying to get off moves to begin with.

We can complain about CC because our CC whilst good if we can keep someone in permanant melee-range, quickly becomes useless once someone uses any CC back against us and renders us unable to chase them down. Even our Gap Closers pretty much get screwed due to the fact they are avoidable by strafing.

Deleted
    Monks are fine, I wish people stopped whining about these meaningless things.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Monks are fine, I wish people stopped whining about these meaningless things.
    Are you kidding? Do you play a monk?

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    One thing I have observed playing my monk is once I have used my Trinket, I can pretty much kiss any thought of winning a fight goodbye if I am stunned again for any significant amount of time.

I think Monks really need a talent or SOMETHING as Windwalker that allows them to not be completely gibbed when Stunned. Vsing Warrior or Ret Pally, I die within the Duration of their stuns, which have a far less CD than my Trinket.

I was thinking maybe something like Shamans Astral Shift. Where Whilst Stunned take reduced damage due to being able to transcend for the time, call it "Meditative Mind" or something. Or maybe even just reduce the duration of Stuns. or give an Ability of the WW be able to break stun on use like IBF. Just SOMETHING.

Anyone else have an Ideas?
    If you are lucky enough to be an orc with the meta gem, its 25% stun reduction.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    It's not just stuns. Roots, fears and other cc are a huge problem too. We can get out of roots once every 30 seconds, and out of cc with the 2 minute trinket and that's it.
    Just roll Paladin if you don't like roots.

Usually I PvP as a Resto-Druid. Compared to that my CC as a Monk (WW) is very limited. But what´s even worse: If I get CCed, I can´t do too much. Bye mobility, bye dmg. Another problem is the sheer amount of buttons I have to control as a Monk in PvP. For my drood I´m perfectly fine with 18 spells bound to keys and some larger cooldowns in klickable reach. For my Monk this isn´t enough.

It would be cool if Touch of Karma was usable while stunned and the cooldown should be reduced. It´s way too easy to take a WW-Monk out of the game. There is no CC except silence that wouldn´t do the job: Stun, fear, root, slow, snare, daze, charm, incapacitate, disorient - everything works. In combination with root or snare even silence.