Thread: Spirit. Ahh.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit. Ahh.

I've seen some Holy Paladins who have an iLvL around mine, but have like 1-2 thousand more spirit than me. I don't really understand how. Does anyone know what I can do improve a little more, I would love more spirit. Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...itude/advanced

Reforging maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforge more to spirit. Haste, and crit for a start. There's a holy paladin guide stickied at the top of the forums. It covers everything.

Reforge haste and crit to spirit, gem for spirit.

I have 11.3k and I still want more tbh.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Well I do gem for spirit and I do reforge into spirit if my gear doesn't have it. In this case almost every piece I have has spirit and all my gems give spirit. Lol, don't know how you achieved 11.3k spirit.

Deleted
    Get a spirit trinket + what other stated above

Ahh yea the trinket forgot about that. Hmm that's probably where most of my spirit loss is at.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:20 AM ----------

I guess I also could use a better helmet and put a 320 spirit gem in instead of the engineering helm

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say get a better trinket, maybe with static spirit? A newhelm and that should help, your hegar us better then mine, but I have almost 2k more spirit then you do. That's the best advice I can give

You have plenty of Spirit and your gear is fine, the amount of spirit becomes irrelevant if its down to amounts coming from trinkets, as you base those on how much mp5 you get from them, not how much spirit you get

The main difference will be that your professions don't give spirit, but that doesn't mean they're miles ahead of yours
    For instance I'm in a fairly similar gear level (475 but 2x blue trinkets) and I've got 10.1k Spirit because I have the trinket and JCing, but I could quite easily live with 9k unbuffed in a raid setting

Only thing I would say is that, my god those non-set legs give you ridiculous spirit compared to the alternatives, not that they're any better than tier but things like that will make a big difference to the number, and very little difference to your performance

The best trinkets right now are Qinxis Polarizing Seal (spirit trinket) and Relic of Chi Ji (int trinket). I use chi Ji and fruit barrel for now which is what I'd recommend using.

The BIS trinkets for holy paladins is Heroic Qinxis Polarizing Seal and Heroic Spirits of the Sun (from Terrace of Endless Spring)

Spirit is just so good right now that there isn't a real reason not to use a spirit trinket. I even have a second weapon with Heartsong on it and Barreldodger Boots with a 320 spirit gem if I need more regen (which puts me at 11.7k or so with those other boots on)

There's no downside to stacking spirit.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    There's no downside to stacking spirit.
    Except when you end a fight with mana left, then its a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Except when you end a fight with mana left, then its a waste
    If that happens, you weren't healing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    If that happens, you weren't healing enough.
    Depends, ending the fight on 50% while still being higher than all the other healers? That is the time to start considering hybrid gems at least

If that's happening it's time to drop a healer, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Depends, ending the fight on 50% while still being higher than all the other healers? That is the time to start considering hybrid gems at least
    If thats happening, you have more healers than you need!

10+ Year Old Account
    I had 11.7k spirit replaced Price of Progress and Fruit Barrel with Jade Courtesan Figurine and Relic and am down to 10.9k Haven't raided since getting the Relic so we will see how that goes. Though if they don't fix the animation bugs with relic I might be skipping it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with 12% mana cooldown every 2 minutes, we are currently the healing class with the worst mana regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with 12% mana cooldown every 2 minutes, we are currently the healing class with the worst mana regen.
    paladins are designed under the assumption they are more efficient (HP heals are free) and so their regen is weaker
    and you can still gain mana from autoattacking with seal of insight. If there is any opportunity to autoattack, it's free mana.

Its difficult to put it down as just a flat statement like that, specially when Shamans and Priests have a group buff regen mechanic and a damage spell to regain, while monks gain mana quicker the more spells they cast, but we are certainly lower than Druids, all be it by only ~1%

We do as a contrast though have the most free heals all be it that our bread and butter spells have a higher mana cost to balance that, but in our current state the only spell we really use that much that has that apply to it is Holy Light

10+ Year Old Account
    holy light also has a potentional 100% efficiency bonus through beacon of light