Thread: Silencing shot?

Silencing shot?

When I was battling Ai-Ran I saw that Silencing Shot didn't actually interrupt the heal, but merely silenced it and Ai-Ran would start casting it again once the silence wore off.
    Is this intended or should it be reported as a bug?

Don't know where the problem is, but I have killed that rare and he got interrupted just fine.
    Try running BM too for the extra stun. Use readiness for stun + silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    Don't know where the problem is, but I have killed that rare and he got interrupted just fine.
    Try running BM too for the extra stun. Use readiness for stun + silence.
    It's not so much that I have issues with the rares themselves. As long as I pop everything, nuke and 2xSilencing I get it down, but the issue still stands. It doesn't interrupt the cast and therefore the mob acts as if it had been stunned or any other type of CC and just casts it directly after (if you don't interrupt the mob they don't get CD on the ability).

The tooltip does say silences and interrupts spellcasting so you could have a valid bug on your hands. I don't really see any reason not to report it and see what happens unless someone else knows otherwise.

Check your combat log if it interrupted it, my Battle text sometimes doesn't want to say "Interrupted (Silencing Shot)"

It's a bug. I've seen it reported several times. People have chain stunned him with Gorilla, Intimidation, Silencing, Scattering and still had him cast a healing spell at the end.

It hasn't happened to me though.

It's a bug.

When the healing spell is interrupted via CC, such as a stun or a silence effect, it will immediately attempt to re-cast the spell. (This isn't the behavior of all NPCs, but it is for most of them) This is the case for any class - even on my Paladin, Fist of Justice will just make them re-cast the heal.

However, interrupts with a school lockout cause them to stop attempting to cast the spell. For example, Rebuke works fine. Silencing Shot, however, does not work - this is because against targets that are susceptible to Silence, it actually doesn't bother Interrupting at all, instead simply applying the 3-second Silence. This means they will just re-cast the ability.

The fix is either to make the Pandaren rares immune to Silence (so the Silencing Shot can properly interrupt) or fixing Silencing Shot to interrupt if it can, and *then* apply a Silence.

It's happened to me... I need all my CDs to kill him. I chain stun him will silencing shot, intimidation, and scatter shot. That paired with readiness is enough to kill him.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart