View Poll Results: Impact of Titan on WoW (2 choices)

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • A. WoW will lose a neglectable amount of subscribers due to Titan

35 31.25%
  • A. WoW will lose 1 to 2 million subscribers

10 8.93%
  • A. WoW will lose 2 to 3 million subscribers

10 8.93%
  • A. WoW will lose 3 to 4 million subscribers

11 9.82%
  • A. WoW will lose 4 to 5 million subscribers due to next-gen MMO Titan

19 16.96%
  • B. I'll only play WoW

18 16.07%
  • B. I'll play both WoW and Titan

40 35.71%
  • B. I'll only play Titan

23 20.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Titan's impact on WoW

How do you think Titan will impact WoW?

How are you yourself going to react, as customer, to the advent of Titan, which for the sake of trusting in Blizzard we'll believe will become a high quality next-gen MMO ... more advanced, more interesting and more fun than WoW. (Else there's no point in calling it a next-gen mmo on their recruitment page).

Will WoW lose many subscribers due to Titan?
    Will you subscribe to both or just to one? (Who really has the time to focus on two MMOs at the same time anyway?)

The existing 23 page thread was not enough for Rochana, as Rochana needs some more attention for him/herself. Well here is some, enjoy.

Since we know literally nothing about Titan, it would be impossible for anyone to answer any of the questions you've posed.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The existing 23 page thread was not enough for Rochana, as Rochana needs some more attention for him/herself. Well here is some, enjoy.
    Just taking an overall poll... since the other Titan thread is mostly about market strategies etc. and about eluding what Titan might or might not be. This is a personal poll towards people's reactions and expectations instead, since this is a gaping question that to me remained unanswered in the other thread as people are too focussed on other topics regarding Project Titan.

But sure I love attention too from time to time. kiss kiss.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    Since we know literally nothing about Titan, it would be impossible for anyone to answer any of the questions you've posed.
    They often say that the only thing that seperates man from animals is the ability to anticipate things far in the future. So go ahead and make a rough guess and use your human mental capabilities to their fullest.

Other than a MMO we have no idea what Titan is, its kinda hard to speculate on it.

If they are worried about canabalizing their own WoW accounts they might just make a Battle.net Sub instead of two subs.

I'll give Titan a try, regardless of what it actually is, because I've got some enjoyment out of most of their games so far (Lost Vikings, Warcraft I-III, Starcraft, Brood War, Diablo II, WoW, Starcraft II, Diablo III) and I expect I will from this as well. No idea if I'll keep playing though.

Doomhammer EU

So like people have said, your last thread was not enough? so what, in 5 hours you will probaly make a new one " WHAT do you belive titan is" but like people have said, we know nothing about it, beside for what i have heard that it is cancelled
    (i am 20 and dyslexic so yes i suck at spelling)

An original IP will likely not hurt WoW at all. If it were called WoW 2, WoStarcraft, WoDiablo, maybe, (and even then, I'd doubt those would hurt it all that much either.) but that's not what it is. It'll be like any other MMO versus WoW. The market is just so different now for MMOs.

You're assume Titan will be remotely interesting to WoW players.... Just because we like Blizzards WoW doesn't mean we will like Blizzards Titan

it beats me how ppl could possibly select "I only play Titan" even tho no one knows what this game is about, yet. In fact to answer this poll one would need more information about the whole game first. As far as i know SC / D3 / WoW can co-exist after all because they offer different genres & playstyles.
    Selestine - Thrall EU

I think the only game that could hurt WoW is a better WoW, like if they magically replace WoW with a WoW with Crysis-like graphics but the same system requirements I suppose not many will complain and many will rejoice. Since that's impossible...

And there's really no point in talking about a game nobody knows what the hell is, except maybe for those who are making it.

You should add a new part to your poll "Nobody knows until we actually have some information" for all you know it could be a hello kitty style mmo

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're assume Titan will be remotely interesting to WoW players.... Just because we like Blizzards WoW doesn't mean we will like Blizzards Titan
    exactly. Thats why I don't like Starcraft, and bought Diablo 3 to check it out, but played it for maybe 2 weeks.
    So Blizzard has mmorpg, rts, H&S, Titan will probably have something to do with shooting (mmofps, like many people speculate) it will have big numbers because fps games are very popular with CoD , Battlefield and stuff, but I won't be playing this, it's not my cup of tea,
    So yeah, I don't think Titsn will have any major impact on WoW.

Will only play if the pvp is good, there is really not a single mmo with amazing pvp.

with no idea what titan is actually about it's kinda difficult to speculate.

when we actually get some info on titan, thats the time to post threads like these, but until then, this thread seems utterly pointless.
    where's the goddamned ESO sub forum?

Where's the, "I'll play neither" option?

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Where's the, "I'll play neither" option?
    In GW2 subforum probably. Have fun with all the hate there.

People said Diablo III wouldn't effect World of Warcraft subs. Then, the very quarter D3 launches we see a 1.1 million subscriber drop, the largest sub-drop ever in any given quarter - which is especially telling after following 2 consecutive quarters prior of near-negligible sub-drops.

Is Titan going to yoink subs? You sure as hell KNOW it will... especially when they make the exact same mistake as Diablo 3 and advertise it DIRECTLY to the WoW subscriber base with promotions, mini-pets, mounts, ect...
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Where's the "I don't know until they release some information about the game" option ?

Didn't blizzard say

"Titan will be something you will be able to play along World of Warcraft"

like.. you didn't have to stop playing wow just to play titan could be hinting for it to be b2p or f2p