View Poll Results: Impact of Titan on WoW (2 choices)

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • A. WoW will lose a neglectable amount of subscribers due to Titan

35 31.25%
  • A. WoW will lose 1 to 2 million subscribers

10 8.93%
  • A. WoW will lose 2 to 3 million subscribers

10 8.93%
  • A. WoW will lose 3 to 4 million subscribers

11 9.82%
  • A. WoW will lose 4 to 5 million subscribers due to next-gen MMO Titan

19 16.96%
  • B. I'll only play WoW

18 16.07%
  • B. I'll play both WoW and Titan

40 35.71%
  • B. I'll only play Titan

23 20.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    Obsessive much?

So, now you're asking how is something we don't know anything about that we have no idea when it be ready going to impact WOW.... And you wan't people to give specific answers... And you think its a rational question no doubt.

Well it all depends on whether or not the aliens from the planet Juju have reached Earth yet as our need to fight off their nefarious plot may take precedent but I'm assuming when that happens WOW will lost about eleventy million subscriptions.

You just wanted to hear people say that WOW will lose subscriptions, right?

It seems pretty clear what you want people to say.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    you don't undertand. People will play one game, but if you love WoW why the hell you would leave it to play some FPS?
    My guess is that Blizz is going to have some kind of a transfer/migration plan/incentive for WoW players. Some way to "if you like it stay, if you don't, go back to WoW". Possibly even a combined monthly fee so you can play both games? There are many ways that Blizz can incorporate both games to actively co-exist. Don't underestimate the options since they are all under the same Battlenet roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    In general people who play RPGs don't play FPS. This is a vast generality but that was his point. Well his side point. His real point was that we know nothing about it.
    You only know nothing about it if you don't use the gifts nature has given you as a human being, reasoned anticipation.

We do know the following:
    - It's listed as next-gen mmo (Meaning that it's supposed to redefine and feel like an improved version of current mmo standards)
    - it's highly likely that it will be subscription based (I can't see Blizzard moving away from that formula)
    - there's many rumors that it will be an MMO FPS (Although anyone remotely knowing Blizzard will know that it will have RPG elements)
    - It's very safe to assume that Blizzard will put a lot of energy and resources on making more publicity for their new next-gen mmo than for the older generation wow
    - Blizzard's "A team" of developers and artists is working on it (further indicating they hope it to become a very succesful game, and this success want it or not, ties in with the success of WoW (or the lessening there of))

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    In GW2 subforum probably. Have fun with all the hate there.
    The irony... just... incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Пламяскверны

Ideally, Blizzard should want these two IPs to "rule the galaxy together." One shouldn't displace the other; they should coexist and complement one another with their differences and designs. Hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    You only know nothing about it if you don't use the gifts nature has given you as a human being, reasoned anticipation.

We do know the following:
    - It's listed as next-gen mmo (Meaning that it's supposed to redefine and feel like an improved version of current mmo standards)
    Doesn't help us at all.

- it's highly likely that it will be subscription based (I can't see Blizzard moving away from that formula)
    You might be right or you might be wrong. There's nothing backing up this theory.

- there's many rumors that it will be an MMO FPS (Although anyone remotely knowing Blizzard will know that it will have RPG elements)
    Because we all know rumors are accurate sources of information amirite?

- It's very safe to assume that Blizzard will put a lot of energy and resources on making more publicity for their new next-gen mmo than for the older generation wow
    I don't think this is a safe assumption at all as long as WoW remains the cash cow that it is.

- Blizzard's "A team" of developers and artists is working on it (further indicating they hope it to become a very succesful game, and this success want it or not, ties in with the success of WoW (or the lessening there of))
    We don't know this since, again, we don't know anything about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Ideally, Blizzard should want these two IPs to "rule the galaxy together." One shouldn't displace the other; they should coexist and complement one another with their differences and designs. Hopefully.
    maybe there will be connection between them, Like EVE online and DUST 514?
    It would make sense with that codename and WoW lore is heavy Titan oriented

Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    Since we know literally nothing about Titan, it would be impossible for anyone to answer any of the questions you've posed.
    This is my feeling almost exactly.

I am sure that people that play WoW will play Titan, given that Titans status is presently very much unknown and they are reenforcing WoWs dev teams, I doubt you need to worry about it right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

High Overlord
    I don't buy this argument in the slightest.

Do you really think because two games are of a completely different genre that people will keep playing both continuously?

Sorry, but that's just not realistic. Most people like to focus their attention and energy on one game, one main hobby. Even the FPS scene took a major hit in activity when WoW started growing, a lot of Counter-Strike clans died / transferred to WoW over the years. There's only 24 hours in a day... and most people don't have time to play two games, or don't even want to. Games being of a completely different genre isn't going to matter at all...
    THIS post sums up your agenda and mentality in a nutshell. You really aren't interested in anyone else's opinion, you don't believe there is any course of action but the ones you would take -- the pretending to care what others think is nothing more than the conduit for your agenda. All you want people to say is whether or not they will keep playing WOW when the next big thing comes around.... as if there isn't a massive sample size of data already on the subject of sure thing WOW Killers.

This may shock you, but.... People with non obsessive personalities do just fine having more than one hobby. Some of us even manage to work in a full day's work, have active participation in a regular sports league, maintain a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, and still have time to goof off playing video games because we grew up enjoying them.

The constant threads, your admission that you don't believe it's possible for people to enjoy two games at once, you've sort of outed yourself as that chick in Basic Instinct when it comes to being obsessive.

Bunny rabbits everywhere should be very afraid.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Isnt it obvious what it will be about? I mean WoW is a heavy Titan related story and we have yet to see one in the game,i will bet my right testicle that its something to do with either them coming back or its a game where we act out whats in the lore aka going from world to world seeding all the planets and ridding them of demons ala Sargeras.
    Your poor testicle... no doubt it will miss it's life long friend and wing-nut.

I'm kidding, I have no opinion on what Titan will be, or be based on.
    Last edited by Haloswin; 2012-11-05 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    THIS post sums up your agenda and mentality in a nutshell. You really aren't interested in anyone else's opinion, you don't believe there is any course of action but the ones you would take -- the pretending to care what others think is nothing more than the conduit for your agenda. All you want people to say is whether or not they will keep playing WOW when the next big thing comes around.... as if there isn't a massive sample size of data already on the subject of sure thing WOW Killers.

This may shock you, but.... People with non obsessive personalities do just fine having more than one hobby. Some of us even manage to work in a full day's work, have active participation in a regular sports league, maintain a relationship with someone of the opposite sex, and still have time to goof off playing video games because we grew up enjoying them.

The constant threads, your admission that you don't believe it's possible for people to enjoy two games at once, you've sort of outed yourself as that chick in Basic Instinct when it comes to being obsessive.
    I think you deserve a tinfoil hat. I'm merely intrigued with how Blizzard is planning to release an MMO which in my opinion, without doubt, will become very competitive with WoW. According to the production slate and conference calls Titan was planned to release Q4 2013 ...

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    The existing 23 page thread was not enough for Rochana, as Rochana needs some more attention for him/herself. Well here is some, enjoy.
    And the selection for the poll speaks books....
    There's no choice about that both have nothing to do with each other.
    And the most logic vote: "I have no idea what Titan even will be. How could I choose?"

I vote for closing the thread..... No one really needs it.. We got a significant long one already.
    This one just feeds the OP's ego, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    So like people have said, your last thread was not enough? so what, in 5 hours you will probaly make a new one " WHAT do you belive titan is" but like people have said, we know nothing about it, beside for what i have heard that it is cancelled
    Pics or it didn't happen! But seriously, can you link a source?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're assume Titan will be remotely interesting to WoW players.... Just because we like Blizzards WoW doesn't mean we will like Blizzards Titan
    I'm going to agree with this statement. I love World of Warcraft, but I have no interest at all in Starcraft and very little in Diablo. I will obviously look into Titan, but I probably wont play.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    If they are worried about canabalizing their own WoW accounts they might just make a Battle.net Sub instead of two subs.
    This is a really interesting idea.

High Overlord
    I think you deserve a tinfoil hat. I'm merely intrigued with how Blizzard is planning to release an MMO which in my opinion, without doubt, will become very competitive with WoW. According to the production slate and conference calls Titan was planned to release Q4 2013 ...
    Physician heal thyself... Given your stance that Blizz is purposely sabotaging it's own market to ensure the success of a future endeavor -- Id say you've got the tin foil cap super-glued to your cranium.

Again, you state your opinion and add "without doubt."

Since you already know the result, the constant asking others what they think is rather disingenuous. You simply want a soapbox to push on with your agenda and to further convince yourself you are right.

/wave, These are not the driods you're looking for.

Enjoy your thread.

I don't get why people are voting when no one knows what's it about.

Can you seriusly STOP with this titan nonsense? if you realy wanto stop playing wow that much then stop for gods sake and dont post this retarded stuff im sick of your titan threads

I don't buy this argument in the slightest.

Do you really think because two games are of a completely different genre that people will keep playing both continuously?

Sorry, but that's just not realistic. Most people like to focus their attention and energy on one game, one main hobby. Even the FPS scene took a major hit in activity when WoW started growing, a lot of Counter-Strike clans died / transferred to WoW over the years. There's only 24 hours in a day... and most people don't have time to play two games, or don't even want to. Games being of a completely different genre isn't going to matter at all...
    Do you have any proof that the majority of those changes in the CS scene was due to WoW? In my experience, there is little overlap between FPS and RPG players.

You might as well claim that chess competes for players with football or american football.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloswin View Post
    Physician heal thyself... Given your stance that Blizz is purposely sabotaging it's own market to ensure the success of a future endeavor -- Id say you've got the tin foil cap super-glued to your cranium.

Again, you state your opinion and add "without doubt."

Since you already know the result, the constant asking others what they think is rather disingenuous. You simply want a soapbox to push on with your agenda and to further convince yourself you are right.

/wave, These are not the driods you're looking for.

Enjoy your thread.
    A lot of baseless assumptions there only bent towards being personal attacks, great.

Just because I like to gather opinions and see people's views, doesn't mean I'm going to agree with every single argument that might be made. I've learned a few interesting things from this thread, and if anything some other people seem to have learned more about Project Titan as well.

As for the attention comments... I fully expect this thread to sink down to the forgotten recesses of page 2 very soon, so... yeah, no. It's pure interest regarding the subject. But liking a bit of attention isn't against forum conduct either though. xx