Infernal Damage?

So for a pull or two I was using the infernal on Windlord. However, since you can't cast it on the group due to the stun I found that it was doing significantly less damage than the doomguard on that fight. I feel like even if that initial meteor doesn't hit the targets that on a 6 target AoE fight it should still be the superior guardian. Was mine just buggy or is everyone finding the infernal to have truly pathetic AoE potential.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just truly pathetic. It seems to only be a dps increase on large scale AoE, and large scale AoE never lasts a minute....

IMO, they nerfed the shit out of our guards, for a 10 minute cooldown they do add a whopping 3-7k dps while atleast doomguard is up. they coudlve just made a DoT or something than a failed AI weird guy popping out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind the shitty damage \ AI so much if they only lasted 30s. But the one minute duration makes them less of a burst cooldown option and more of a 'something you have to use, but isn't fun at all or actually very good'

Edit: However if you want some extra damage. Pop Infernal pre-pull with 4pc T13, and then switch gear and pull. The fight is longer then 6 minutes so you'll still get your doomguard use, and then some infernal damage on top of it. Nothing insane but it is a little extra damage.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-11-05 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidhype View Post
    IMO, they nerfed the shit out of our guards, for a 10 minute cooldown they do add a whopping 3-7k dps while atleast doomguard is up. they coudlve just made a DoT or something than a failed AI weird guy popping out.
    I actually like where the DG is right now, but maybe that's just personal preference. As far as the infernal, I can't tell if it's a bug or intended but if it isn't a dps increase on a fight like wind lord... it never will be is my guess. This isn't even comparing it's use to only the boss once he has the +% damage taken debuff, it's worse than the DG for burning down the adds by almost a factor of 2 if I'm remembering.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I wouldn't mind the shitty damage \ AI so much if they only lasted 30s. But the one minute duration makes them less of a burst cooldown option and more of a 'something you have to use, but isn't fun at all or actually very good'
    I agree with this though at least the % contribution isn't anywhere near the Cata contribution.
    Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.