Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Draztal on the LFR issue

    "That's precisely what competition is about. Getting the upper hand over everyone else. And for that, I'd argue it's just logical you'll go and do everything that's available. For Heroic raiders, though, LFR will slowly fade away as you replace your gear with Heroic gear. Because come the next tier, you won't have a reason to go there. On this tier you'll experience the same already with Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring LFRs. For those slots you've got gear from normal Mogu'shan Vaults, there'll be no reason to go and visit HoF and TES LFRs (when those are open), since it'll still be higher item level than that of LFR."

    He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.

    Anyways, I dont like this guy - he is like the incernation of the white knights we got on MMO champion, just speaking officially for what might not be even the opinion of the company.

  2. #2
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Planned on writing a whole essay on this topic right here, but I'll just leave it at "LFR is NOT required to be successful in normal/heroic modes. It gives an advantage, because the loot is higher ilvl than heroic dungeon gear. But unless your guild is full of dicks, nobody but yourself can force you to do it"

  3. #3
    What exactly is the issue?

    [] I don't have time for LFR
    [] LFR is full of retards and hence no fun
    [] something else

    ?

  4. #4
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    What exactly is the issue?
    The "issue" is that there are certain people that say they're forced to run LFR to be able to do normal/heroic modes.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    "That's precisely what competition is about. Getting the upper hand over everyone else. And for that, I'd argue it's just logical you'll go and do everything that's available. For Heroic raiders, though, LFR will slowly fade away as you replace your gear with Heroic gear. Because come the next tier, you won't have a reason to go there. On this tier you'll experience the same already with Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring LFRs. For those slots you've got gear from normal Mogu'shan Vaults, there'll be no reason to go and visit HoF and TES LFRs (when those are open), since it'll still be higher item level than that of LFR."

    He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.

    Anyways, I dont like this guy - he is like the incernation of the white knights we got on MMO champion, just speaking officially for what might not be even the opinion of the company.
    Normal Essence of Terror >>> LFR Essence of Terror

    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Planned on writing a whole essay on this topic right here, but I'll just leave it at "LFR is NOT required to be successful in normal/heroic modes. It gives an advantage, because the loot is higher ilvl than heroic dungeon gear. But unless your guild is full of dicks, nobody but yourself can force you to do it"
    Pretty much this.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Normal Essence of Terror >>> LFR Essence of Terror
    Yeah, and your point is? You obviously double your chance by running LFR/spending bonus roll on LFR Sha to get a better trinket than HC Elegon.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    The "issue" is that there are certain people that say they're forced to run LFR to be able to do normal/heroic modes.
    Yeah that's obvious but WHY is that an issue?

  8. #8
    I am Murloc! Anjerith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The apotheosis of all Deserts
    Posts
    5,033
    It's not an issue, people are just stupid. Gear is not going to magically make you be able to ignore mechanics that will kill you if you try to ignore them. The main issue is the roadblocks of Stone Guards (awareness) and Garajal (DPS check). Once they finally clear those, Elegon will be their major roadblock. Hell, I forsee many "I QUIT IF ELEGON DOESNT GIVE ME FREE LOOT!" posts in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Yeah that's obvious but WHY is that an issue?
    Dunno, that's why I put in between "", I don't see it...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Yeah that's obvious but WHY is that an issue?
    Exactly. These people want to do this, its their choice. They choose to play in a top guild looking for every edge. Dont blame the game because it gives you the opportunities to get them!

  11. #11
    i find it really funny when people say LFR is mandatory, most of the time it is not gear issue in normal modes, but excecution issue. Normal mode MSV is tuned for 463 ilvl blue gear, so you dont need to run LFR for it. Sure if you dont have skill enough to do yuor rotation or move out of shit it is hard and some LFR gear might help so you can faceroll normals more easily, but it aint really blizzards fault if you cant do the normal modes without LFR gear.

    i actually feel the LFR might have too low ilvl gear. I am not in a raid guild, but have done MSV normal first 4 bosses a few times in a pug. I have got a ring and fist there. Then i have got boots from galleon, then klaxxi exalted ring and Golden Lotus Exalted neck ( the quests rewards ) and a few valor pieces. Then i have bought the crafted chest and gloves and got the darkmoon trinket. That only leaves few pieces i can get from LFR that are upgrades, even in the 2 new coming LFR raids.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterball View Post
    Exactly. These people want to do this, its their choice. They choose to play in a top guild looking for every edge. Dont blame the game because it gives you the opportunities to get them!
    I don't even think the people who complain are in "top guilds".

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't even think the people who complain are in "top guilds".
    Do you have to be in a "top guild" (whatever the definition of this would be) to not want to cripple your raid and possible hinder your -own- progression?

  14. #14
    Having 1 or 2 slot with a 476 item instead of 463 isn't gonna cripple your raid nor hinder your progression. If you got problems with the encounter gear isn't the issue.

  15. #15
    I don't know about any other class but Light of the Cosmos on Normal is better than Essence of Terror LFR for Mages.
    The trinkets are of near equal value in their respective tiers, Essence of Terror LFR is only a few points of DPS higher than Light of the Cosmos LFR. Essence of Terror is certainly not better from LFR than a Heroic trinket.

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,749
    What issue? what exacly is the issue with these people? That they dont have any self control? that they are entiled and want LFR removed so other people arent able to do it but they are happy?

  17. #17
    I love Draztal. Nice to see a Blue actually crap on people and their whining. Everything he says on that issue is dead on.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Having 1 or 2 slot with a 476 item instead of 463 isn't gonna cripple your raid nor hinder your progression. If you got problems with the encounter gear isn't the issue.
    QFT. Skipping LFR will not "cripple" anything. However, every little bit does reduce the pain of mechanics that you are struggling with slightly. Which is probably why a lot of people feel like they "need" to run LFR. It's more of a perception thing. Unfortunately, perception usually means more to a lot of people than reality.

  19. #19
    i honestly cant believe the whining about this, it's ridiculous.

    it's 1 thing that the jasper chains were bugged and tuned for 25 man, but it's another to spout tripe that it's mandatory to run LFR to progress in normal modes.

    my guild is by no way a top raiding guild, we're pretty casual but have been raiding for about 5 years now, we spent about 2 nights wiping on stoneguard in 460-463 ilvl gear. we managed to kill it, it was tricky, the jasper chains were a pain in the ass, but we killed it.

    so now, all these people incapable of beating stone guard on normal, whine on the forums because they say they need gear from LFR to beat it, when really their tanks need to get a clue. if you let 1 stone guard detonate without the buff, you might as well wipe it. when you figure out how to manage the buff properly and how to tank switch properly, the fight becomes a piece of piss.

    fail raiders whining that their only way to beat a boss is outgear rather than learn how to play properly. i despair at wow players sometimes, i really do.
    <insert witty signature here>

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Mehman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The moon
    Posts
    3,632
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i honestly cant believe the whining about this, it's ridiculous.

    it's 1 thing that the jasper chains were bugged and tuned for 25 man, but it's another to spout tripe that it's mandatory to run LFR to progress in normal modes.

    my guild is by no way a top raiding guild, we're pretty casual but have been raiding for about 5 years now, we spent about 2 nights wiping on stoneguard in 460-463 ilvl gear. we managed to kill it, it was tricky, the jasper chains were a pain in the ass, but we killed it.

    so now, all these people incapable of beating stone guard on normal, whine on the forums because they say they need gear from LFR to beat it, when really their tanks need to get a clue. if you let 1 stone guard detonate without the buff, you might as well wipe it. when you figure out how to manage the buff properly and how to tank switch properly, the fight becomes a piece of piss.

    fail raiders whining that their only way to beat a boss is outgear rather than learn how to play properly. i despair at wow players sometimes, i really do.
    You don't need to wipe it if a guardian blows up without the buffs, your healers just need to know beforehand so they can top off people and blow a cooldown to heal through it.
    But anyways; you DO NOT need LFR gear to beat normal modes, it's a nice little boost, but FAR from needed.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •