Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Planned on writing a whole essay on this topic right here, but I'll just leave it at "LFR is NOT required to be successful in normal/heroic modes.
    Just like doing dailys isn't required for raids, right? Without LFR I wouldn't even have a raid because I'd still be mostly in blue gear. And we all know how desperately raids are looking for blue geared DPS, right?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Anyways, I dont like this guy - he is like the incernation of the white knights we got on MMO champion, just speaking officially for what might not be even the opinion of the company.
    Look at the nonsense he is forced to put up with every day.
    Two months ago it was "Raids are too easy, make them harder"
    Now it´s "Raids are too hard, we are forced to LFR or we can´t down the bosses".

10+ Year Old Account
    I cleared MSV before LFR came out, Either people should just stick to LFR or find a better raid team. Normal isn't hard just know the mechanics & don't die.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It's not an issue, people are just stupid. Gear is not going to magically make you be able to ignore mechanics that will kill you if you try to ignore them. The main issue is the roadblocks of Stone Guards (awareness) and Garajal (DPS check). Once they finally clear those, Elegon will be their major roadblock. Hell, I forsee many "I QUIT IF ELEGON DOESNT GIVE ME FREE LOOT!" posts in a few weeks.
    Exactly Anjerith, This isn't faceroll Dargon Soil.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I love Draztal. Nice to see a Blue actually crap on people and their whining. Everything he says on that issue is dead on.
    Agreed, If you seen the Zarhym post aswell, Blizzard is getting tired of the whinners & its about time they are telling them to shut up or GTFO. Nothing is forced people just assume. I rather WoW lose all the idiots & have only decent / good players even if we dropped to 6 mill in all regions.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-11-05 at 04:29 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    The argument has evolved somewhat but for many of these people it's still about LFR existing at all.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Just like doing dailys isn't required for raids, right? Without LFR I wouldn't even have a raid because I'd still be mostly in blue gear. And we all know how desperately raids are looking for blue geared DPS, right?
    Dailies aren't required for raids, dailies are there for rep. I killed 2 bosses in MSV with my guild the first week, without the help of LFR gear, crazy eh?

Deleted
    I never get this complaining about LFR being "mandatory" I run it every week because I want to do everything in my power to help my guild progress. Key word there was want, I want to do LFR because I want myself and my guild to be successful. It takes about an hour out of my not-very-busy schedule every week and I've picked up a few bits and pieces in there that have helped boost my survivability as a tank.

If you don't wanna do it, don't. But you're just being a slacker and letting yourself and your guild down. It doesn't even take that long, if you go with your mates it can be a good laugh, and it can help you fill in those gaps in your gear. Stop moaning because you want good gear but can't be arsed to put in a tiny bit of effort.

He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.
    If LFR version of a trink is superior to a heroic one, certainly the regular versions are. Since the regular raid will be out before LFR you have chances of getting the normal and shouldn't concern yourself with the LFR version since the current gear you have should be enough to clear on normal. If you're NOT clearing on normal it's most certainly not a gear issue and you should stop making it out to be, because if you have ilvl enough for LFR you have ilvl enough to clear normal content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    What it all comes down to is this.

Blizzard doesn't want LFR to share lockout because it would cause little but making people miss chances to do normal mode.
    Still a choice, wether you do LFR or not. It doesn't even take that long either <_<

How is this any different from 25man guilds having burnouts due to being "forced" to do 10 mans as well back in LK?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

"That's precisely what competition is about. Getting the upper hand over everyone else. And for that, I'd argue it's just logical you'll go and do everything that's available. For Heroic raiders, though, LFR will slowly fade away as you replace your gear with Heroic gear. Because come the next tier, you won't have a reason to go there. On this tier you'll experience the same already with Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring LFRs. For those slots you've got gear from normal Mogu'shan Vaults, there'll be no reason to go and visit HoF and TES LFRs (when those are open), since it'll still be higher item level than that of LFR."

He certainly didnt see the trinkets from TES. LFR Essence of Terror ==>> Heroic Elegon Trinket.

Anyways, I dont like this guy - he is like the incernation of the white knights we got on MMO champion, just speaking officially for what might not be even the opinion of the company.
    At least for Hunters, Heroic Elegon Trinket beats Heroic Essence of Terror.

Essense of Terror has something a lot of people don't really take in account, ICD is a horrendous 105 seconds, while Elegon trinket has an ICD of 45 seconds, so you can basically get 2 procs in the time of only 1 proc of Essence

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    At least for Hunters, Heroic Elegon Trinket beats Heroic Essence of Terror.

Essense of Terror has something a lot of people don't really take in account, ICD is a horrendous 105 seconds, while Elegon trinket has an ICD of 45 seconds, so you can basically get 2 procs in the time of only 1 proc of Essence
    And this is why one should always considering both sides and not jump to conclusions
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

the blue also forgot that you cant get your 4 peice bonus from MSV or the weapon with the socket for the legendary gem

Deleted
    People are complaining about having more ways to gear up ? Jeez what has this game came too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want LFR to share lockout because it would cause little but making people miss chances to do normal mode.
    Still a choice, wether you do LFR or not. It doesn't even take that long either <_<
    I agree with this but would add something. There's a practical reason why sharing lockouts is difficult. LFR raids are divided up into chunks which make them a different animal entirely from normal/heroics. This rarely gets mentioned when it comes up and I think that's a curious thing.

As well, I don't think there's really a substantial mass movement about lockouts one way or the other in any case. Most people either don't care at all or never think about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Weird thing, I had no problem entering MSV first week when I had no valor items. Did you submit ticket about it already?

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthys View Post
    People are complaining about having more ways to gear up ? Jeez what has this game came too...

people complained about being forced to run lfr since it was implemented

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    What it all comes down to is this.

How is this any different from 25man guilds having burnouts due to being "forced" to do 10 mans as well back in LK?
    well why not just have it share lock with only heroic mode? that way if ur on heroic mode content you can do that without being "forced" into lfr but those still working on normal can still use it for gearing without being locked out of normal?
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-05 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    well why not just have it share lock with only heroic mode? that way if ur on heroic mode content you can do that without being "forced" into lfr but those still working on normal can still use it for gearing without being locked out of normal?
    What if someone running heroic wants to run LFR? They should not lose that option just because a vocal minority are complaining on a forum.

Deleted
    Many players (not saying it's your case, of course) believe that they are on par with the skill level of players further ahead than them, and that the only thing separating them from players with more progression is just gear. More often than not, the issue lies on the skill side, either your group is not really making the most of their dps rotations, cooldown usage is not being proper, etcetera, or it may very well be that your group is still undergeared for that fight (as long as everyone is decked in blue heroic gear, you'll be fine).

READ IT

Then

READ IT AGAIN

then

READ IT ONCE AGAIN

then ...

READ IT 1000 times more.

Them mayby you will realize how wrong you are here.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What if someone running heroic wants to run LFR? They should not lose that option just because a vocal minority are complaining on a forum.
    if you have a better solution id love to hear it, so far there are very few option's

blizz ignores this- let the whiners whine
    blizz tags lfr both normal and heroic- noramal mode players complain as they need that gear to help them
    blizz tags lfr to only heroic - heroic players whine that they can no longer get the extra opportunity for gear ( heroic mode players are wining atm that that option is there)
    blizz removes lfr- blizz wont do this as too myany people use the system

at the moment blizz is doing option 1, i can forsee blizz going for option 3 as heroic mode players SHOULD NOT need items form lfr (rng may disagree with me)
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-11-05 at 05:20 PM.

If these people are that serious about raiding why are they not used to doing everything possible to get an edge on content? Laziness? Just wanting to complain? I have no idea but that just confuses me.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    if you have a better solution id love to hear it, so far there are very few option's

blizz ignores this- let the whiners whine
    blizz tags lfr both normal and heroic- noramal mode players complain as they need that gear to help them
    blizz tags lfr to only heroic - heroic players whine that they can no longer get the extra opportunity for gear ( heroic mode players are wining atm that that option is there)
    blizz removes lfr- blizz wont do this as too myany people use the system

at the moment blizz is doing option 1, i can forsee blizz going for option 3 as heroic mode players SHOULD NOT need items form lfr (rng may disagree with me)
    I don't think a solution is needed because I don't see thisas being a problem. All I see is people complaining and making a huge deal over something that is pretty insignificant.