DPS DK - Boss tips to increase the damage done

Hi!

I love this kind of topic but since end of Cata I could not find any like this.

Is anyone willing to post here or create a nice topic giving us tips about increase a DPS on each boss?

For example, I have learned here from hunty to cast AotD right before 3rd phase vs Elegon, cause he is taking more damage.

Hope you guys want to do this.

Thanks alot !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    Hi!

I love this kind of topic but since end of Cata I could not find any like this.

Is anyone willing to post here or create a nice topic giving us tips about increase a DPS on each boss?

For example, I have learned here from hunty to cast AotD right before 3rd phase vs Elegon, cause he is taking more damage.

Hope you guys want to do this.

Thanks alot !!!
    Hmm, that AotD before last phase is actually a good advice, gonna start doing that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Hmm, that AotD before last phase is actually a good advice, gonna start doing that
    Your DPS will skyrocket... Literally.

LOL !!!! This week I will remember to use it, lets see :P

Hope ppl comes by and say any new stuff

EDIT/UPDATE:
    Do you guys think is this good to do also with Wind Lord in HoF when all adds are dead? Dont remember now if we gain a damage buff or he takes more damage, cant recall.
    Last edited by Pepehands; 2012-11-05 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by olivete View Post
    EDIT/UPDATE:
    Do you guys think is this good to do also with Wind Lord in HoF when all adds are dead? Dont remember now if we gain a damage buff or he takes more damage, cant recall.
    It would be a good idea to save army for the end, http://www.wowdb.com/spells/122354-recklessness

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize that this doesn't exactly relate to the topic, but just out of pure curiosity and I couldn't find an answer elsewhere, how much is a frost 1h supposed to do dps? At average 475ilvl. Tried looking from WoL, but charts aint my thing.. At the moment I'm doing about 55k.

And I usually used army at the beginning of Elegon.. Have to try at 3rd phase :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    I apologize that this doesn't exactly relate to the topic, but just out of pure curiosity and I couldn't find an answer elsewhere, how much is a frost 1h supposed to do dps? At average 475ilvl. Tried looking from WoL, but charts aint my thing.. At the moment I'm doing about 55k.

And I usually used army at the beginning of Elegon.. Have to try at 3rd phase :P
    If you're doing 55k on Elegon, you must be doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha not on elegon but for example HoF first Boss, or will of the Emperor.

Deleted
    Double post :\

Would you look at that, getting credit for stuff Wish I didnt forget my own advice, ranked #35 and forgot BOTH pots and AotD cause I'm such a bad >.>
    If you want a decent indication, hit the sims Heksar. I can run one for you if you give me the character name and realm+zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    Haha not on elegon but for example HoF first Boss, or will of the Emperor.
    55k is meh, especially on Xi where you stay nearly 100% melee and you have the buff from gas phase.

Just some quick tip's that could always apply:
    Macro Anti-Magic Shield to an easily useable key so that you can maximize the use of it for free RP, meaning free Death Coil's or Frost Strike's on heavy aoe magic dmg.
    It will only make up for a small amount of dmg, but having your ghoul's claw macro'd into your SS, FS, and DC will assure it doesn't wander off and be attacking the wrong thing for any longer then it takes you to hit the attack, and will max out it's energy use.
    Use army at any dmg buffing points, or if the fight it particularly long and you can stretch it right before the boss to get it in at very end (Spirit Kings if you are REALLY pushing enrage)
    Death's Advance is a great gap closer with a short CD, strong on first boss in MV also to keep you at 100% movement

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since cataclysm runes don't recharge at the same time. Most people know this but very few seem to use it. If 1 of each of your runes is off cd, you won't lose damage by prioritizing other abilities.
    Unholy:
    Pool 96+ runic power right before Dark Transformation wears off. This way you'll get 3 stacks very quickly.
    Frost:
    Keep 1 rune off CD at all times and spec blood tap. This way you can always KM obliterate without capping blood tap charges.(Do keep your swingtimer in mind)

All I got off the top of my head. May post more later

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    55k is meh, especially on Xi where you stay nearly 100% melee and you have the buff from gas phase.
    lol well idk if it's how we're suppose to do it, but our guild has melee switching to adds, me full time on strengths (I pretty much solo them, so ranged can just switch back to boss after rage/courage are down)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dytzy View Post
    lol well idk if it's how we're suppose to do it, but our guild has melee switching to adds, me full time on strengths (I pretty much solo them, so ranged can just switch back to boss after rage/courage are down)
    Yeah ofc, I'm the only melee on my group so I stay 100% on boss :P I'm just talking about "average" dps and 55k it's not good but not bad if you see percentiles.

Deleted
    I haven't raided much in this tier yet but I'm thinking about which spec will be stronger for which fights, seems at the moment like DW frost will be best for cleaving fights like Stone Guard, 2h frost for fights without stranger mechanics (e.g. patchwerk style fights) and unholy for fights with damage buffs at the execute phase like Elegon. Can anyone with more experience this tier expand on this?

Edit = typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    I haven't raided much in this tier yet but I'm thinking about which spec will be stronger for which fights, seems at the moment like DW frost will be best for cleaving fights like Stone Guard, 2h frost for fights without stranger mechanics (e.g. patchwerk style fights) and unholy for fights with damage buffs at the execute phase like Elegon. Can anyone with more experience this tier expand on this?

Edit = typo
    It depends on the player.
    One guy ( like me ) can be good at unholy and beast it up and be bad at frost.
    One guy can be good at frost but be shit at unholy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post

Edit = typo
    Simulations are made with patchwerk fight (so single target) then DW perform better in any fight. Beside this it comes down to the player style: I really don't like DW and BT so I just use 2h with RE, probably I would perform better with DW but probably I could perform worse since DW playstile doesn't really fit my taste.