Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like cut scenes as long as they are in moderation and are skippable after the first time you've watch them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

(What if it was a cut scene involving baby hippos, Tziva?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    (What if it was a cut scene involving baby hippos, Tziva?)
    I'M IN. ALWAYS.
    team hippo forever

No, really, I do like cut scenes. I don't like the in-game event scenes that we were showered with in Cataclysm (although those can be tolerable if used sparingly). Genuine cut scenes are awesome, even if they don't include hippos, but they have to be quality, relevant, and in moderation. I don't want to OD on them every five minutes, but I love really epic ones like Wrathgate or the end of the Lich King, etc.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    They would've fitted nicely at end of each zone.

The Mantids breaching the wall
    The opening to the Vale
    Etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would have liked more. I love the story they tell and the way they tell it. The cut scenes add so much life to the story.
    ~You don't need a reason to help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Susinko View Post
    I personally would have liked more. I love the story they tell and the way they tell it. The cut scenes add so much life to the story.
    I agree, most games should have more cutscenes. Its one of the reasons I like GW2 more now because in storymode you get cutscenes on every mission with a huge dialogue between characters. Even in dungeons you get lots of cutscenes to explain the lore behind each place and its all easily skipped if you don't want to listen to them as well so you get the best of both worlds.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cut Scenes are good for when it's important. Seeing them A LOT, no thanks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The only ones that irritate me are the few that you cannot ESC out of.

Deleted
    More cut-scenes with high-poly characters would be nice, yes. I really enjoy them. The other cut-scenes with in-game models and nothing more than some camera movements can be quite annoying though.

Deleted
    I agree the other scenes don't really add anything

Deleted
    yeah I wish there was more of them while levelling. I just hope we will see more of them in upcoming patches, this would be a great way to tell a story of all that Alliance vs Horde conflict.

Deleted
    I loved the one in Jade Forest, pity they didn't put in more of that kind.

Deleted
    No, I find them a complete waste of time and I would rather they spent time on other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    No, I find them a complete waste of time and I would rather they spent time on other things.
    Right those two minutes in Jade Forest must've been hell for you. And the people working on that is probably the cinematics department. It's not like they could give you a raid for cutting away a cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Initially when I was questing in the Jade Forrest I was thinking 'Wow these cutscenes are pretty cool, can't wait to see more!' however I was highly disappointed when I realised that actually after the Jade Forrest there is no more cinematic cutscenes. I personally wish Blizzard had added more for the rather lacklustre scenes afterwards (example the Klaxxi Council massacre)

[edited in because people don't seem to understand the type i'm talking about]

I mean these type:

[COLOR="red"]
    kewl (stfu limit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I agree with most of the people here. They're kinda cool the first time around. Then they just get in the way and my ui freaks out sometimes and I cant skip em always. So I'm cool with fewer. I liked the wrath model in this respect. The wrath gate was badass, and you had to work through a lot of quests to get it and it was worth it and worth watching. But it didnt really get in the way cuz it didnt pop up every time you leveled through unless you really looked for it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Well in cataclysm people whined like mad that their was too many cutscenes like uldum for example ,so. They most likely toned them down a bit.
    Personally I love the cut scenes if they add to the story, again like uldum but some people just want to kill x mob and move on
    It is difficult to see how watching Harrison Jones run up a causeway advances the story.

Cut scenes in Cataclysm were massively overplayed. They got a good response from Wrathgate and overplayed their hand. CGI based cut scenes also need to be something special. The Klaaxi Council was perhaps the one scene in the game other than the Jade Forest which could have carried it off but didn't get one. However, that wasn't a major loss and the cut scene provided worked well enough.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    Yea I agree with most of the people here. They're kinda cool the first time around. Then they just get in the way and my ui freaks out sometimes and I cant skip em always. So I'm cool with fewer. I liked the wrath model in this respect. The wrath gate was badass, and you had to work through a lot of quests to get it and it was worth it and worth watching. But it didnt really get in the way cuz it didnt pop up every time you leveled through unless you really looked for it.
    That is exactly how the longer cut scenes are in MoP, also. Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds, for example. I think many people are confusing the short cut scenes(uldum, hyjal) with the longer cut scenes(wrathgate, jade forest battle, thrall capture). The OP is obviously referring to the longer type of cut scenes, seeing as how he posted a video as reference. The longer cut scenes are more like short clips, not sure what to call them...

The longer cut scenes usually always include audio, while the short ones don't, if i recall correctly.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-08 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by braces View Post
    Cutscenes were great back in wrath, when there was like three and you had to go through long convoluted quest lines to get to see them. I was on the edge of my seat when I saw the one in dragonblight because I had no idea what was happening.

Then cata made me sit through cutscenes in every zone and quite often and I ended up tabbing out or going to get a coffee because they were nothing special.
    Exactly how i felt with cutscenes. I did like some of the ones in Jade forest, particularly the one with the horde v alliance battle at the serpent's heart, (though it was followed by a TERRIBLY lackluster "oh just plug 10 of these and the big bad guy dies" quest.. what a joke) but then outside of that zone there were things that i feel should have been in cinematics that weren't. Really i think they were just scared because of Uldum where they made absolutely everything including your character blinking a damn cutscene which is why people complained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Initially when I was questing in the Jade Forrest I was thinking 'Wow these cutscenes are pretty cool, can't wait to see more!' however I was highly disappointed when I realised that actually after the Jade Forrest there is no more cinematic cutscenes. I personally wish Blizzard had added more for the rather lacklustre scenes afterwards (example the Klaxxi Council massacre)

[edited in because people don't seem to understand the type i'm talking about]

I mean these type:

[COLOR="red"]
    Sorry, but this is not correct. There are cut scenes in Kun Lai Summit and The Dreaded Wastes too.