Deleted

Question [Holy] Garalon Healing Tips / Strategy

10 Man

How have you guys healed/healing this, Holy Avenger with Eternal Flame Blanket? mostly focussing on single target strong heals with weak heals thrown in for fillers?

Or are you interested in Aoe Heals mostly.

Interested to know how you are handling this fight

Im currently focussing on AoE healing, but i think i will do a lot better single target, will be trying it out tonight.
    Last edited by mmoc802a1c010b; 2012-11-05 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    10 Man. Sorry

I'd be interested to hear some tips on 25 healing too. Having trouble healing this fight.

Hi, killed this last week. 2 healed with a resto druid. We took 0 tanks and had plate dps soak the swipes with range dps kiting pheremones. The kill time was 5:05.

You can see my target/spell selection in my video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr1rjr6HHAU) but a short summary of what I did is;

- Most of my time spent EF blanketing with beacon on the ret pally (first few attempts beacon was on the warrior, but ret pally was healing him a lot with selfless healer so I swapped for more effective healing).

- Specced Execution Sentence to use on the pheremones kiter when anticipating range issues.

- Staggered throughput cooldowns regularly.

- Used spirit trinket on CD and tried to use plea as much as possible - due to the constant damage, its hard to find a time to plea safely, I tried to do it after blanketing holy avenger EFs or alternatively using devo aura (then calling for ret pally's devo aura).

- Because resto druids are so good at raid healing we had him towards the back of the boss making sure he could range the dps, with me at the front of the boss making sure I can range the two soakers and the kiter. This meant I couldn't blanket EF as much as would give big hps because our soakers were dps so required a bit extra healing. Whether or not you need to do this depends on who you are healing with.

Deleted
    Hey, PalawinFC could you please post your kill log?

Actually we 2 heal everything with 2Hpally, but now my drood alt is 90 and 470 geared, so i think we could try to play Hpally and Rdrood. Or am i wrong, and 2 Hpallys is still for the Hc´s Mogu/HoF and 4-6 Boss okey? I search now for week´s, but couldn´t find a yes or no for our 2 Hpally situation. Some Top rank logs play it with 2Hpallys too, but what is more effective? We never wiped at a Boss cause of Heal or wrong mana managment.

greetz Gramla

Deleted
    without any doubt 2 pala holy is a bad choice. You can kill bosses with this comp but you are missing many interesting raid cooldowns...

For instance garalon crush is physical damage (devotion aura not working) and we are pretty bad at AOE healing with people split around the room. I killed this boss without EF blanketing because with the monk CD's, Enhancement CD's and warlock healthstone was OK to survive.

Here's the log if you want to take a look at it. (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3095&e=3506)
    (2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 DPS)

Regards!

We two heal a majority of fights with a druid and myself (hpally) and it seems to be quite the good combo for a lot of the fight inside HoF (as well as MSV). For Garalon as long as you don't get any extra crushes the fight is pretty straight forward. As long as people don't stand in shit, etc you'll have no issues healing. It's way more a DPS check than a healing check. I toss beacon around to the pheromone folks and tend to use Hammer of Light as it seems to work well with the slow kiting.

Good luck! HoF has some of the best fight this expansion so far.

Deleted
    Thank´s blacksmith, until now we never had any issues with raid CD´s for example HoF first Boss. In the moment when he is casting his shells, and mass AE healing is needed we heal this without any problems, at the second boss it was a bit harder, without any HoT´s during the moving phase. Finaly we took our WL into the setup and kill the Boss with the healingstones. I think we could handle it, but our setup for the future will be resto drood and holy pala and there is the problem, i haven´t that much experience with my drood and i am happy for every LOG and tip for this healing setup

To summ up, till now there wasn´t a problem to heal with 2 Hpally´s but for the most of the Heroics i think it is the better choice to play Pally/drood.

greetz Gramla.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramla View Post
    Hey, PalawinFC could you please post your kill log?

Actually we 2 heal everything with 2Hpally, but now my drood alt is 90 and 470 geared, so i think we could try to play Hpally and Rdrood. Or am i wrong, and 2 Hpallys is still for the Hc´s Mogu/HoF and 4-6 Boss okey? I search now for week´s, but couldn´t find a yes or no for our 2 Hpally situation. Some Top rank logs play it with 2Hpallys too, but what is more effective? We never wiped at a Boss cause of Heal or wrong mana managment.

greetz Gramla
    Sure.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...=15166&e=15471

Great tips guys. Anyone has tips for 25 men?