Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Restoration] How much spirit are you using?

As the title says, I was curious to see what other people felt like would be a solid number to maybe 'stop' going for spirit and worry more about throughput (pure int gems in red sockets etc).

I raid 25's and currently run 10.4k in raid (flask + food)

I completely understand spirit is a subjective thing, but just wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

Deleted
    Uhm dunno about spirit but im at 13500 combat regen with flask + full 10m raidbuff. I do okey, if Im with a bad healer (2man healing whole MSV) I will like go oom at the time the boss goes down, if im with another good healer with same gear as me, I can have like 20-30% mana left when the boss is downed. Havent tried HoF yet, so might need 2 change my gems etc

Im reforging for crit, soon on 15% and then Im gonna go mastery until the gear is good enough for me to hit the 2nd haste breakpoint. Gemming Int and some spots spirit for the bonuses, 2 set bonus etc.

I'm running 7,500 spirit in 10 man (with two strong int/regen trinkets). This gives me almost 5,000 mastery while maintaining 3043 haste cap. Using Int flask as well as Int food.

With that setup I got a top 10 ranking on Will of the Emperor (two-healing normal mode) yesterday: World of Logs
    Heart of Fear first boss ranked somewhere in the 30s (log). Going full int and mastery is definitely the best way in 10 mans. Don't know about 25s.

6.5k ish spir for me seems good enough for normals.

About 9k unbuffed. Switched gemming, food, and flask to intellect as the highest weight beyond that. Basically, at about 10k spirit, give or take, I am working to maximize spell power. It's all about smart usage of heals beyond that. Had a pure spirit build before that, but feel better after switching.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Deleted
    I'm currently at 9671 unbuffed spirit, I'm probably gonna stick at around that for a while, it feels very solid (imo)

I am currently feeling most comfortable at 9k spirit but I might begin switching it out as my 10 man and myself start getting more geared and used to fights.

I'm currently running about 10.4k spirit, but it feels a little high.. As I start replacing gear, I will use more int gems in place of the spirit ones I have currently equipped

Unbuffed, I currently am on 7,740 spirit. Icy-veins's gear optimizer tells me to stack like 2k more into spirit (I'm ilvl 485 btw), and it's just compeletey wrong. Right now, with valor and darkmoon trinket, innervate and focusing potion, I literally don't go oom. If ur of an adequate item set; do a icyveins gear optimization with custom weights> spirit set 0.1 lower.

I don't use spirit flask or food btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpow View Post
    I'm currently running about 10.4k spirit, but it feels a little high.. As I start replacing gear, I will use more int gems in place of the spirit ones I have currently equipped
    I believe our resto druid trades off throughput for int and only runs 6k-7k. This is 25man though so there is a lot more spread for the healing. Hamlet wrote a really good post about people going too spirit overboard, I'll try to find it.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I believe our resto druid trades off throughput for int and only runs 6k-7k. This is 25man though so there is a lot more spread for the healing. Hamlet wrote a really good post about people going too spirit overboard, I'll try to find it.
    This one?
    http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...ling-problems/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varila View Post
    Yes! Thanks
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Would read, but my antivirus blocks it and I'm paranoid of getting shit on my comp... 0.o Anyone mind posting a shorter quote?

To the OP: I run with about 9k spirit unbuffed. Got Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal (~950 spirit) though and before I used to run with the alchemy trinket in lack of anything better.

About 9300. I am also using the darkmoon trinket + scroll of revered ancestors. Having close to no mana problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~8700 spirit (11k combat regen) unbuffed. Also, i use int food/flask. No serious oom issues in MSV so far.
    Last edited by Darkis; 2012-11-06 at 12:46 PM.

Deleted
    8,1k with DMC and WoE lfr trinket. running with int flask+food and literally can't go oom

7200ish spirit (10.1 Combat regen Int:Flask and Food ) But I am in normal sadly...

I am reforging spirit off my gear now. I am at about 10k combat regen but I have darkmoon trinket and 489 int/regen trinket.

I have plenty of regen. I raid 10man.

I am also running at 5730 haste quite easily. - I use SotF so I find this useful.

The only worry I have is that my mastery is low at 13.6% unbuffed.

I do wonder whether I should drop haste down to 3043 and stack mastery....

I use INT meta gem, INT flask and INT food. Primary stats win over secondary.
    Last edited by Bluetarragon; 2012-11-06 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by varila View Post
    I completely agree with Hamlet, but this article is formed so much as an academic paper, yet it closes all possibilities that he is wrong and does not discuss weakness's in his theory. Quite bipolar!

In 10 man, I think you can get away using much less spirit. You won't need to be Rejuvenating as many people, and you're using spells with a cast time more often. I know that when I did a couple bosses on 10 man, I felt like I had way too much spirit because I didn't need to cast Rejuv as much. In 25, though, I try to stay between 9-10k and have the additional Spirit from trinkets.