Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetarragon View Post
    I do wonder whether I should drop haste down to 3043 and stack mastery....
    Yes you should, and only use SotF on specific fights (Feng for example) to help with burst aoe recovery. I don't use SotF at all anymore, but I can understand why some want to use it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 03:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    In 10 man, I think you can get away using much less spirit. You won't need to be Rejuvenating as many people, and you're using spells with a cast time more often. I know that when I did a couple bosses on 10 man, I felt like I had way too much spirit because I didn't need to cast Rejuv as much. In 25, though, I try to stay between 9-10k and have the additional Spirit from trinkets.
    In 10 man it's not so much that you can get away with less spirit, it's that you can't afford to lose throughput by stacking spirit.

Deleted
    I have 10.5k spirit right now, which is enough to me for progression. I don't use spirit food and flasks tho, int just gives to much spellpower.

im sitting at 7800 atm since i got two upgrades i need to find out how i can lose more im pretty comfortable at around 7k with int flask/food/gems while raiding 25H.
    I did do what alot of people did at the start of the xpac and get tons of spirit 10k+ but after i decided to reforge/gem out of all spirit i know it was the right thing to do

Could the people using lower than 8k Spirit in 10 man please post your progression levels, healing set up, and if possible, some logs to back up your choice of stacking thoughput as well? I've been looking at the top 20 resto druid ranks on many MV 10 HC bosses and so far, I haven't found a single person with less than 9k Spirit.

It would be nice to see how low(er) Spirit is working out for people. I'm around 10k at the moment, in a guild that has cleared HC MV but I'm contemplating dropping some for Mastery moving into HoF heroics. The damage pattern is quite different and seems to require on demand burst healing rather than sustained throughput over a longer period.
    Ashr

I'm currently 2/6 HC and 6/6 normal, 10 man. We cleared all of that last night and had a couple hours to work on Garajal for the first time. We raid 6-9 hours a week. When we 2 heal it's me and a shaman. We add a ret paladin going holy for 3 heal fights. We also have a prot pally that helps with seal heals. None of my parses will ever make high rank because almost every fight I do HotW dps at the beginning and the shaman keeps everyone up with me refreshing LB on the tank until my HotW is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    I'm currently 2/6 HC and 6/6 normal, 10 man. We cleared all of that last night and had a couple hours to work on Garajal for the first time. We raid 6-9 hours a week. When we 2 heal it's me and a shaman. We add a ret paladin going holy for 3 heal fights. We also have a prot pally that helps with seal heals. None of my parses will ever make high rank because almost every fight I do HotW dps at the beginning and the shaman keeps everyone up with me refreshing LB on the tank until my HotW is over.
    Yeah I suppose your spirit will work for the first 2 bosses since Stone Guards buff you with it and Feng has a lot of downtime where you can dps / stop casting / plant shrooms. I'm not entirely certain it'll work for longer bosses in MV with a constant healing requirement like Elegon or Will HC but it might work in Heart of Fear.

---------- Post added 2012-11-08 at 02:09 AM ----------

I forgot to reforge on our Zorlok pulls today but I'm considering going all out throughput for it.
    Ashr

Elegon heroic is easier than normal mode and is significantly easier with max throughput since the damage the raid takes is all in bursts (mainly orbs, adds at end of orb phase, and burn phase), not consistent damage. For heroic Will it will actually be easier with max throughput than high regen because less spells will have to be used. I actually can't think of any fight that favors regen currently. Only a mana drain/increased mana cost mechanic would get me to think about regen. I usually end Heroic Feng with 50-75% mana cause I'm dpsing in HotW during heroism at the end. Once shield phase is over, there's not a lot to heal. On Feng actually, I end up giving all of my innervates to our shaman healer since I have no use for more mana.
    Last edited by Maxvla; 2012-11-07 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post
    Elegon heroic is easier than normal mode and is significantly easier with max throughput since the damage the raid takes is all in bursts (mainly orbs, adds at end of orb phase, and burn phase), not consistent damage. For heroic Will it will actually be easier with max throughput than high regen because less spells will have to be used. I actually can't think of any fight that favors regen currently. Only a mana drain/increased mana cost mechanic would get me to think about regen. I usually end Heroic Feng with 50-75% mana cause I'm dpsing in HotW during heroism at the end. Once shield phase is over, there's not a lot to heal.
    I don't know. Even with close to 10k Spirit on Elegon HC, both me and our Holy Paladin were almost oom at the very end of our kill. Here is the log of our first kill 10 days ago and I was ranked 20 at that time (obviously surpassed now) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...5&e=17643#Ashr

What you say sounds correct in theory, but in practice, I found that I couldn't simply use my efficient AOE spells for the burst healing requirements as people were at the risk of dying. I was casting most of the time to be honest, except in the first phase. It wasn't very different on Will HC since I was also healing a tank full time in addition to the constant flow of 17k raid damage. I'm very interested in seeing if it would be sustainable with lower Spirit, so I'd love to look at some logs.
    Last edited by Ashrr; 2012-11-07 at 11:02 PM.
    Ashr