Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Doesn't take rocket science to figure what's up and up.
    Being an asshole doesn't award one an infraction. If it did, you wouldn't have posted much.

    Also, on topic, you're telling people how they need to learn social skills and stop ganking and how they're not allowed to do this and that; truth is, they're allowed to gank your sorry ass from dusk till dawn - if they can, and you are completely and utterly powerless to do anything about it and them.

    Might want to swallow that bitter pill.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  2. #302
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekita View Post
    I left PvP server not because of the pvp, but because of the insane amount of bitching and moaning that comes with it.
    Then don't play PvP at all, as there's always going to be that, when you have little boys who want to be big boys and very sensitive of any percieve idea that they're weak. It's big talk and trying to act macho (even if carrying a book bag is a workout).

    The point is you can PvP 24/7 and have a heck of a lot of fun, but when it ruins the fun of others, it's doesn't make PvP overall fun.

    Most fun I had was trying to down DPS toons too over-confident of their abilities to notice one mistake...and they're down. They're my level, which is a real, "GOTCHA!!!" moment.

    Killing a level 50 as a level 90 is like having a salad before a meal, it's not the main course nor very fulfilling. Problem is -- and what folks are arguing here is -- it is the main meal and desert for some, and it only takes a few to ruin it for the many.

    It's not good for PvP. What's good for PvP is encouraging more SKILL in it. Not more mouthy trash.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  3. #303
    Gankers griefing low level areas should be punished. 1 kill might even be accidental and shouldn't count maybe, but loss of honor points and/or debuff for multiple low level kills should be implemented. Just because things don't violate the mechanics of the game, it doesn't make it ok.
    Blizzard should change it.
    Mother pus bucket!

  4. #304
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Being an asshole doesn't award one an infraction. If it did, you wouldn't have posted much.
    Join the club, as it takes one to know one.

    They can ban me, but they will never silence me.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  5. #305
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Join the club, as it takes one to know one.

    They can ban me, but they will never silence me.
    I find it hilarious how you somehow glorify being an asshole on the forums, insulting people left and right, yet you're fighting an apparent war against internet bullies and the like. It's OK when you do it, it's OK when it's on the forums, but God forbid someone comes gank your little character in a computer game. Sacrilege!
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  6. #306
    Quote Originally Posted by 8BaLL View Post
    the fact that u were whispered before camping implies u were alrdy doing something questionable .
    Like camping for rezzes so u can face stomp someone at 50% hp.
    ur response and reasoning behind ur "solution" is the definition of being dickish

    "this guy i keep killing whispered me, derrrrp, better kill him some more now cos he deserves it!1"
    logical.
    So when someone whispers me because theyre a crybaby and cant take being ganked thats somehow my fault is it? SHOCK HORROR I KILLED YOU ON A PVP SERVER SODDING SHOOT ME! lol

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 02:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawless Jones View Post
    I'm not 'crying about pvp" mmkay, im pointing out that you actually seem to get a kick out of ganking people who cannot fight back, and seem to actively hunt out people and kill them repeatedly

    I'm not your friend, dont try and be condenscending to me ok. it just makes you seem like an even bigger douche than what you have already portrayed, dont e-peen flex, to be honest no-one would give a rats ass if you killed a lvl 90 gladiator on your lvl 85 rogue

    dont try and threaten poeple with "omg ill camp you coz you have principles on WoW", and you seem like a pretty shit pvper who preys on people who cant fight back, hell im willing to guess that you get killed by people your own level and take out your frustrations on helpless targets

    and why would i whisper a piece of trash like you? i'd much rather kill you back (and it would be, without a doubt, very easy)

    bottom line, i call you pathetic because thats what you are, and no-ones crying on these forums except you bieber baby
    I get a kick out of killing the other faction WELL SODDING SHOOT ME! line em up guys anyone else want to try and justify having a go at me for something im perfectly allowed to do?(when im not laughing at how personal the guy posting above is trying to make it)
    Last edited by thatcrazypenguin; 2012-11-07 at 02:46 PM.

  7. #307
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I find it hilarious how you somehow glorify being an asshole on the forums, insulting people left and right, yet you're fighting an apparent war against internet bullies and the like. It's OK when you do it, it's OK when it's on the forums, but God forbid someone comes gank your little character in a computer game. Sacrilege!
    You're considering me an asshole because I have a backbone to stand up and state my case, yet who's crying now about feeling insulted? It's what you see on the playground when bullies are confronted, and then they go crying in some corner.

    I don't gank as I have no need to do so, it's worthless. But apparently we see here some highly sensitive folks who want to talk a big game, but can't handle direct talk that ganking is wrong...and yes...cowardly.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    if you are reffering to the thread where I very rightly called you out on linking suicide with ganking in wow then I make no apologies for said thread....oh and those `invented posts`? you mean the ones you deleted? lol[COLOR="red"]
    Again, you seem to be dillusional: I never linked suicide to ganking (not even used the word suicide) and secondly I never deleted any posts. Keep claiming that, make yourself even look more a fool. But I guess I don't have to point that out, every post you make on these forums does that already.

    Btw Moderators, how can I see infracted at one of his posts, but he is still posting here?

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Again, you seem to be dillusional: I never linked suicide to ganking (not even used the word suicide) and secondly I never deleted any posts. Keep claiming that, make yourself even look more a fool. But I guess I don't have to point that out, every post you make on these forums does that already.

    Btw Moderators, how can I see infracted at one of his posts, but he is still posting here?
    Yes thats very convenient isn't it mate and how about you debate your own battles rather then trying to get me banned because you have sod all argument to send back to me.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 02:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You're considering me an asshole because I have a backbone to stand up and state my case, yet who's crying now about feeling insulted? It's what you see on the playground when bullies are confronted, and then they go crying in some corner.

    I don't gank as I have no need to do so, it's worthless. But apparently we see here some highly sensitive folks who want to talk a big game, but can't handle direct talk that ganking is wrong...and yes...cowardly.
    The only one talking a big game is you your an absolute delusional moron who believes that actions in a video game have any impact on who you are in real life, your going on and on and on yesterday about what a big pvper you are then you start crying because people ganked you? somehow I dont see how those 2 fit together!

    your nothing but a illogical blowhard, as for backbone and stating your case, you dont have a case to state mate your just trying to tell other people how they should play the game hence the fact I consider you one step away from having an asshole for a mouth.

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-07 at 03:31 PM.

  10. #310
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Let's see, how many posts here now are but personal insults?

    And folks are asking why no moderation exists?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Yes thats very convenient isn't it mate and how about you debate your own battles rather then trying to get me banned because you have sod all argument to send back to me.
    You are a very strange person: you claim a lot, can't prove anything and then say I have no arguments? Did you ever read the forum rules (guess not), there is a ban for people threatening other people in posts. So yes, I try to get you banned because threatening makes it personal...

  12. #312
    The moment you open your mouth to say something, you're a bully.
    In fact, I bully people all the time in online games by killing them. Simply because I can.
    Everytime you kill someone in an online game to show your superiority, you're bullying them. And afterwards they learn to fear you and avoid you on the battlefields = Bullying succeeded.

    Seriously, people throw the word bullying around too easily, and it is only helping to turn the next generations into freaking pussies.

  13. #313
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    lowbies arent targeted because thier lowbies thier targeted because of thier faction for gods sake!
    Oh, that's rich.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 10:31 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Gankers griefing low level areas should be punished. 1 kill might even be accidental and shouldn't count maybe, but loss of honor points and/or debuff for multiple low level kills should be implemented. Just because things don't violate the mechanics of the game, it doesn't make it ok.
    Blizzard should change it.
    The game really does need to introduce level scaling, and this problem goes away entirely.... and benefits PvE greatly as well.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

  14. #314
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds
    what does that have to do with PvP? ...on a side note if the said 10 year old felt no pain could heal his wounds by eating a cookie and if killed would re-appear 2min later without so much as a scratch ...you would probably will punch them if you were in a zone/area where you could punch.

    don't want to be killed while questing...roll PvE serve plain and simple. Even if the quest hub is being camped by 50 oposing faction and world pvp happens out of sheer frustration then the purpose of the PvP realm has been met. If you feel when someone kills you 10x while you quest = bullying you have 2 options get people to come help or roll pve server vs whine about it. End of story.
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  15. #315
    Stood in the Fire Halabash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    350
    This feels like a troll but that's probably just me.

    I think in the scenario you describe there has to be a fundamental difference between how "internet bully" is defined by the ganker and the gankee.

    If the person getting ganked is just being oblivious to the high level opposite faction lurking around then that more or less "griefing" not so much "internet bullying".

    However if the person who is ganking knows the person getting ganked in real life and chooses to disparage their name, or reveal personal information about them on the internet forum through picture posting or cell phone text messaging or really seems to key in on this one person no matter what game they play or forum they visit that would be an extreme example of "internet bullying".

    I disagree with the notion that a one time meeting with a douche on the internet constitutes the use of the term internet bully
    .

    However if the person that likes to gank and exclusive to all else only ganks, and makes sure its a player several levels lower to always maintain an OP advantage then maybe the ganker has "bully" tendencies, its never a good idea to get good at something that makes you despised unless lots of money is involved and in the case I recommend you go to law school, it will cheaper in the long run to know how to defend yourself when your being sued.

  16. #316
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    This feels like a troll but that's probably just me.

    I think in the scenario you describe there has to be a fundamental difference between how "internet bully" is defined by the ganker and the gankee.

    If the person getting ganked is just being oblivious to the high level opposite faction lurking around then that more or less "griefing" not so much "internet bullying".

    However if the person who is ganking knows the person getting ganked in real life and chooses to disparage their name, or reveal personal information about them on the internet forum through picture posting or cell phone text messaging or really seems to key in on this one person no matter what game they play or forum they visit that would be an extreme example of "internet bullying".

    I disagree with the notion that a one time meeting with a douche on the internet constitutes the use of the term internet bully
    .

    However if the person that likes to gank and exclusive to all else only ganks, and makes sure its a player several levels lower to always maintain an OP advantage then maybe the ganker has "bully" tendencies, its never a good idea to get good at something that makes you despised unless lots of money is involved and in the case I recommend you go to law school, it will cheaper in the long run to know how to defend yourself when your being sued.
    In all that, there's one word that would've helped: intent.

    Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

    Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

    Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2012-11-07 at 04:00 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  17. #317
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    La Défense (France)
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by bobo333 View Post
    i'm 6ft2, 30 years old, pretty fit and much stronger than your average 10 year old. even though i totally could, i don't go around punching ten year olds
    You talk about real life situation. Nothing comparable in a game. Lowbys killed in game just loose some times. A 10ya hited by a 30ya, 6f2 guy loose some teeth.
    You are off topic.

  18. #318
    Pandaren Monk vep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    Because when you install the game and choose your server for the 1st time it describes to you what PvP/RP/PVE means >.>
    It describes, yes. But did you know what ganking is when you started playing? Did you know there would be people trying hard to make your life a hell?

  19. #319
    Bring back dishonorable kills for killing players too low a level or have the honorless buff on them, and make dishonorable kills cause you to lose arena/rbg rating.

    Will it solve everything? No, but I have a feeling most people grief as there isn't a consequence for doing so.

  20. #320
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    You talk about real life situation. Nothing comparable in a game. Lowbys killed in game just loose some times. A 10ya hited by a 30ya, 6f2 guy loose some teeth.
    You are off topic.
    How about let's fine gankers 500 CP for every minute a lowbie lies dead?

    Pretty simple and efficient way to resolve this issue quick.

    They do the something similar in America's Army if you TK. They sit out the round and get a -500 penalty.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •