Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #321
    Isn't this technically the same as 1 enemy in the middle of 10 alliance/horde getting stomped? Chances are he ain't getting out alive. Someone in that group will decide he needs to die and the rest will generally join in. They are all 90 but the odds are impossible. Same story bro.

  2. #322
    Stood in the Fire Halabash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Bring back dishonorable kills for killing players too low a level or have the honorless buff on them, and make dishonorable kills cause you to lose arena/rbg rating.

    Will it solve everything? No, but I have a feeling most people grief as there isn't a consequence for doing so.
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

    I think your on the right idea though.

    How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

    I think your on the right idea though.

    How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?
    wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    In all that, there's one word that would've helped: intent.

    Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

    Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

    Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? and by the way....yes im back that was easy lol :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    In all that, there's one word that would've helped: intent.

    Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

    Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

    Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? yes you dont have one! lol the problem is everything your arguing against is based on nothing which anyone has actually done illegally, you are basing everything on your own fucked up moral code in which actions in a video game are deemed to `matter` in real life.......well guess what mate? your moral code is just that! dont try to force it upon people.
    Last edited by thatcrazypenguin2; 2012-11-07 at 05:06 PM.

  4. #324
    Stood in the Fire Halabash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    In all that, there's one word that would've helped: intent.

    Those who came here to brag clearly posted their intent was to grief. It was nothing else but gloating of their intent to grief others, all because there's zero consequences.

    Now flip all this around and add consequences. Jaylock will have to do a 180 trying to justify why too many Goldshire chickens are pecking on PvP servers, and how that is good for PvP (I guess one justification would be, chicken soup is good for the soul).

    Intent to grief and bragging that griefing is good, is the epitome of an "internet bully".
    in the post intent is implied, it doesn't have to be spelled out. We are talking about misusing the term internet bully right? I mean that's what the OP stated in the initial post.

    Bragging about bullying or spelling out intent is not an exclusive activity to internet bullying. Bullying is and will always be when one person uses their resources to make another person feel unwanted, disliked, and otherwise an outcast unless that person appeases the aggressor.

    I don't see how intent to grief is anything remotely close to internet bullying, so in short I am agreeing with the OP(since we need to spell it out)
    .

    I see greifing as just being an agent behind a nuisance or the nuisance itself without much worry of forum consequences, where bullying internet or otherwise has been spelled out earlier in the reply.

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    if you cannot see the difference between ganking and griefing there is no hope for you, ganking isnt against the t&c griefing is, corpse camping isnt considered griefing nor is ganking blizz gms have stated that fact many many times. so whats your point again? and by the way....yes im back that was easy lol :P[COLOR="red"]
    "Ganking" is when you attack and kill people who stand absolutely no chance against you whatsoever, and of whom you know that they stand absolutely no chance.
    It usually involves killing lowbies, but higher levels in really bad gear could also be called 'ganking.'
    Since the target of a gank has no option to retaliate, defend themselves, and absolutely zero chance of winning, this is 'griefing.'
    If you pick an enemy for world pvp, you don't pick a baby... You pick a seasoned opponent.

  6. #326
    Stood in the Fire Halabash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?
    Well the idea I am suggesting and I admit I could have done a better job stating it. Instead of trying to abolish world pvp on pvp servers or any other server for that matter or much less trying to curb it, why not introduce a way where both parties would have fun or at least feel it was "fair". I mean a 2 on 1 will never feel fair I get that but if its just 1 on 1 at least give the lowbie a fighting a chance. Maybe the lowbies don't fight, maybe they hide, but hell don't make it guaranteed every time they fight a higher up that a loss will ensue, that's just discouraging all the way around, and ultimately leads to fewer players at the top.
    Last edited by Halabash; 2012-11-07 at 05:21 PM.

  7. #327
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    "Ganking" is when you attack and kill people who stand absolutely no chance against you whatsoever, and of whom you know that they stand absolutely no chance.
    It usually involves killing lowbies, but higher levels in really bad gear could also be called 'ganking.'
    Since the target of a gank has no option to retaliate, defend themselves, and absolutely zero chance of winning, this is 'griefing.'
    If you pick an enemy for world pvp, you don't pick a baby... You pick a seasoned opponent.
    so your saying you know more then the gms who enforce the rules and have said pleanty of times they do not consider ganking griefing?......whatever you say lol

  8. #328
    The day any game starts to consider ganking as griefing, is the day that game dies

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    so your saying you know more then the gms who enforce the rules and have said pleanty of times they do not consider ganking griefing?......whatever you say lol
    Since you are back, I have a serious question for you (and I really mean it): in previous posts you said you had experienced suicide in your close environment. Several people including me said there are cases of people hurting themselves because of grieving in online games. How can you justify your attitude and behavior when you KNOW there is a chance (how small it is) people are taking it hard when you gank them, are considering what you do is grieving and are having serious emotional problems with it...

  10. #330
    @ thatcrazypenguin2 - you are a gem, 1 of a kind - thank god for that. I hope you have more suicides in your RL to deal with, and I hope they are people who are very close to you. Have a nice day.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

    I think your on the right idea though.

    How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?
    As long as there are some real disadvantages in game, then DH may be idea. Things such as your own faction refuse to welcome you. Items cost way more. FP are closed. Attacks in neutral towns etc.

    And maybe a gold reward for killing the player by the opposite faction? There needs to be a way to remove it, some long daily grinds for example.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?[COLOR="red"]
    I hear that a lot but I wonder why if you like world PvP, you do not arrange a city raid or challenge players in your bracket rather than killing low level players who do not have a chance to kill you anyway.

  12. #332
    no like WPvP goto pve server. but camping low levels is kinda a dick move, but i understand if its like horde going out killing lower leveled alliance settlements. that i can understand is fun. but really if you're complaining about getting killed in the world on a pvp server that is only your fault. even if you're new to the game, when blizz chooses your realm for you, it asks if you want pvp or pve.... and to the arguement for "oh my guild is on this pvp server though"...go make new friends....real ID exists for a reason. and with CRZ i have more friends from different realms then i do my own

  13. #333
    Everyone who says the majority gank because they like world pvp is soooooo full of crap. Half the people that gank me run from my lvl 90's. People gank because they were killed by another lvl 90 and feel bad about themselves and the only way they know how to get back at people is taking the easy way out, hitting something that doesn't hit back.

    And to be honest I don't see how corpse camping isn't considered griefing....christ if that isn't griefing nothing is.

    Some people just need better stuff to do... who spends day after day killing lowbies, or invading lowbie towns killing every quest giver? It doesn't give you anything

  14. #334
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    As long as there are some real disadvantages in game, then DH may be idea. Things such as your own faction refuse to welcome you. Items cost way more. FP are closed. Attacks in neutral towns etc.

    And maybe a gold reward for killing the player by the opposite faction? There needs to be a way to remove it, some long daily grinds for example.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:43 PM ----------



    I hear that a lot but I wonder why if you like world PvP, you do not arrange a city raid or challenge players in your bracket rather than killing low level players who do not have a chance to kill you anyway.
    I do both how many times do I have to say this, I go for all regarless of level, so whats the problem?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:11 PM ----------

    and salamala I find it quite humerous how much effort your putting in trying to offend me there, makes me relise what a sad bastard you must be, say that kind of thing to my face you fuckin keyboard warrior and I might take it seriously otherwise sticks and stones mate sticks and stones even more so on a forum :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Since you are back, I have a serious question for you (and I really mean it): in previous posts you said you had experienced suicide in your close environment. Several people including me said there are cases of people hurting themselves because of grieving in online games. How can you justify your attitude and behavior when you KNOW there is a chance (how small it is) people are taking it hard when you gank them, are considering what you do is grieving and are having serious emotional problems with it...
    you mean griefing yes? I dont grief so theres no issue :P jesus man you cant even spell the issue your speaking about and you expect me to take you seriously?

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    I do both how many times do I have to say this, I go for all regarless of level, so whats the problem?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:11 PM ----------

    and salamala I find it quite humerous how much effort your putting in trying to offend me there, makes me relise what a sad bastard you must be, say that kind of thing to my face you fuckin keyboard warrior and I might take it seriously otherwise sticks and stones mate sticks and stones even more so on a forum :P

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:12 PM ----------



    you mean griefing yes? I dont grief so theres no issue :P jesus man you cant even spell the issue your speaking about and you expect me to take you seriously?
    don't*
    I guess nobody can take you serious anymore either -.-

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Because camping lowbies questing isnt PVP, PVP is when you are fighting someone at an equal level.
    Wrong! PVP = Player vs. Player. Like it or not, it is PVP and PVP will never be fair. Blizzard knew this and created a few realm types to make us all happy.

  17. #337
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    you mean griefing yes? I dont grief so theres no issue :P jesus man you cant even spell the issue your speaking about and you expect me to take you seriously?
    Lol, look up your posting history. There is not ONE post without an error, either spelling or grammatically. Look up your last post, to make it easy for you I made some of the errors bold. When I try to get some serious answers, you (like before) start to change the subject and go to unrelated issues. You are just too much...

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Lol, look up your posting history. There is not ONE post without an error, either spelling or grammatically. Look up your last post, to make it easy for you I made some of the errors bold. When I try to get some serious answers, you (like before) start to change the subject and go to unrelated issues. You are just too much...
    I was being ironic considering all the flack I`m taking for bad grammar then someone posts against me who cant even find the right word I found that pretty amusing as grieving is a completely different word and meaning then griefing :P and no I dont give you serious answers because you dont ask me serious questions, first of all you completly ignore the fact that under the blizzard t&c as ive stated ganking isnt griefing so calling me a griefer is pointless, secondly you go onto claim wow ganking has been linked to self harming, really? are you stupid or just unaware of how disrespectful your being by bringing such a serious issue into here to help your argument against people killing people on a video game? Ill take you seriously when you give me a reason 2 my friend

  19. #339
    Mechagnome Stravs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Uk Cumbrian Lake District
    Posts
    711
    So much drab dribble being spouted out on this thread it's unreal. So I will ask again
    How and why can people compare real life scenarios with an MMO Fantasy game?
    This is an honest question.

    I don't want some sly snake gobshite replying to this for dig's just give an honest plausible answer.
    i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz-Asus Sabertooth P67 B3 8gb Corsair XMS-3
    EVGA GTX 670 4tw 4gb
    CreativeX-Fi Titanium Pro paired with (Corsair SP2500)
    Corsair HX850
    250gb Samsung 840 ssd
    Silverstone Raven 3

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    So much drab dribble being spouted out on this thread it's unreal. So I will ask again
    How and why can people compare real life scenarios with an MMO Fantasy game?
    This is an honest question.

    I don't want some sly snake gobshite replying to this for dig's just give an honest plausible answer.
    This is baffling me as well, ive heard everything compared to wow ganking in this thread from self harm to suicide to bullying to the sodding geneva convention and how we should treat people in times of war.

    to say some of these posters are taking gaming way to seriously is an understatement, absolutely ridiculous some of these comparisons. Just when you think you've seen it all someone on the internet always finds a way to push it further into the realms of stupidity.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •