Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Yes, contributing to the circle of hatred is really reasonable.
    Hooooooly dramatic, Batman.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 10:11 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    it speaks to who you are
    No, it really doesn't. Grow up and quit being so freaking dramatic.

    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    and is not PvP
    Yes, yes it is.

    PvP = Player VS Player

    This is World of WARcraft. Stopping someone who will eventually become a powerful enemy in their tracks and forcing them to find an alternative way to get to where they're going is a pretty sound tactic, in my opinion.

    Anytime I'm being corpsecamped, I just suck it up (It's a game) and head to another zone that is appropriate for my level.

    QQ cachoo.

  2. #142
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You chose to opperate on a Player Versus Player realm, you have to accept the chances of being slaughtered, it's war.
    When did a war had PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS out killing the villagers AT WHIM?

    Freaking God, not even those involved in My Lai did it "just because".

    Oh, you're talking about a fake war in a video game, right? You know it's just a story, man?
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  3. #143
    Herald of the Titans Syridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The Outskirts of Lea Mondé.
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanji View Post
    more stupid "getting ganked in a pvp realm post"
    the argument "dont role a pvp server if you dont want to get ganked and killed" is bullshit, players can never pvp (like myself) , they just go to the pvp realm because their guild is there they cant help it. ganking low levels should be monitored and if it continues to happen to the same player the ganker should be instantly gm killed over and over for 20 mins or so to see how they like it.
    Don't roll on a PvP server if you can't hack it, is more apt I think. You don't seem to be able to.

  4. #144
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    When did a war had PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS out killing the villagers AT WHIM?

    Freaking God, not even those involved in My Lai did it "just because".

    Oh, you're talking about a fake war in a video game, right? You know it's just a story, man?
    Well, don't know really to be honest, we haven't had any honest war for a long time. I mean, lately people blow up innocents and call it a good cause. *shrugs* But on PvP servers, NPC's are just there and enemy players is part of the opposing army.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    When did a war had PROFESSIONAL SOLDIERS out killing the villagers AT WHIM?
    History is overwhelmingly rich with such acts. Educate yourself, sir.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    You know it's just a story, man?
    It's a story that we, the players, are writing. Guess what happens on page 792? I corpse camp you for being a drama queen.

  6. #146
    Epic! Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    1,638
    It's not bullying, its a video game. People need to stop being babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm a prostitute. Men like to tell me secrets. And women.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Forum View Post
    I corpse camp you for being a drama queen.
    How? You're too busy camping something more your size.

    lololol
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    How? You're too busy camping something more your size.

    lololol
    And it's Kevyne, with a ZIIIIIIIIING into left field!

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It's not bullying, its a video game. People need to stop being babies.
    Couldnt aggree more, the very fact some of the morons here are trying to link them just makes me laugh, youve plainly never been bullied in real life or you wouldnt be so disrespectful as to try and make out killing someone in a video game is as serious as said bullying.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    Couldnt aggree more, the very fact some of the morons here are trying to link them just makes me laugh, youve plainly never been bullied in real life or you wouldnt be so disrespectful as to try and make out killing someone in a video game is as serious as said bullying.
    100% agree with you. The guy actually comparing killing someone in WoW to punching children in the face is what really made my day. The stupidity is palpable. ;[

  11. #151
    Mechagnome Sweetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    on Sylvanas
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanthalis View Post
    Don't like pvp transfer to a pve server
    Haters got pwnd.

    I pvp actively on my pvp server. That's why I'm there. If you're there to explore Azeroth, then that's fine with me. I'll kill you regardlessly if you should be so unlucky to be on the opposing faction.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Because PVP server leveling zones were intended so that the people actually leveling there would clash in fierce combat and enjoy somewhat balanced PVP with equal footing. Not made for people who far exceed the recommended level for that zone and ruin other people's leveling without them having a chance of fighting back. Also people who start ganking lower level people who stand no chance against them do something rather sickening. They are wasting their time and that's the only thing you can't really get back.

    This sums it all up. I used to be on a pvp server and it would have been all okay if this was how it all goes. But alas, got tired of getting camped by max leveled toons while I was leveling a low level alt, so only option was to move servers. I was lucky tho, who didn't have a guild I was close to. Else it would have been much sadder to leave.
    Gotta wonder how pathetic some people can be? The reason why someone keep camping low levels is because they themselves don't stand a chance with someone their ownlevel & gear.
    Last edited by Lily Crowley; 2012-11-06 at 04:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

  13. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Forum View Post
    History is overwhelmingly rich with such acts. Educate yourself, sir.
    And in a modern Civilized World, those folks are tried for War Crimes. How can their even be such a thing as a war crimes ? It's war! It means anything goes right ? And why do we have the Geneva Convention rules? It's war! Anything goes! Damn those civilized people!

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Forum View Post
    100% agree with you. The guy actually comparing killing someone in WoW to punching children in the face is what really made my day. The stupidity is palpable. ;[
    these people just make me want to bang my head on the desk, its at best moronic at worst incredibly disrespectful to try and compare people who are ganked on video games to real bullying victims.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Crowley View Post
    This sums it all up. I used to be on a pvp server and it would have been all okay if this was how it all goes. But alas, got tired of getting camped by max leveled toons while I was leveling a low level alt, so only option was to move servers. I was lucky tho, who didn't have a guild I was close to. Else it would have been much sadder to leave.
    who says that how it was made? theres nothing in the description of such zones that mentions `only similar levels are allowed to fight each other` dont make up bullshit and expect your argument to be taken seriously!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 04:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    And in a modern Civilized World, those folks are tried for War Crimes. How can their even be such a thing as a war crimes ? It's war! It means anything goes right ? And why do we have the Geneva Convention rules? It's war! Anything goes! Damn those civilized people!

    really you people are now mentioned war crimes and the geneva convention in relation to wow ganking? where is this going to top out? just when I think people couldnt get even sillier guys like you come along.

  15. #155
    Eh, it happens. Makes friends that will come help you out. I do have to say that it's pretty lame that high level toons that can fly will run around ganking lowbies who can't get away - repeatedly.

    Corpsecamping is technically pvp. It's also lame pvp. So yeah, it happens. And the guys who do it are lame - like the seniors who played on the Junior Varsity squad. Lame.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    really you people are now mentioned war crimes and the geneva convention in relation to wow ganking? where is this going to top out? just when I think people couldnt get even sillier guys like you come along.
    Context my good man...context. We're not talking directly about ganking in WoW. The subject shifted to Professional Soliders in the real world.

    Also, In this game and other games like Battlefield 3, Call of Duty. People always say "It's war! Anything goes" Yet, that's not 100% true. In Context of "It's war!" the civilized World has rules. Just because I have a gun and I'min a foregin country, doesn't mean I have a free pass to kill at will.

    In the US, back in the "Wild West days", if you didn't like someone, you could just shoot him and maybe no one cares. I imagine some people used the same mindset of "It's called the Wild West, Move back East if you don't like it!" At the same time, they probably complained about the Indians for being savages.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2012-11-06 at 04:53 PM.

  17. #157
    Killing someone your own lvl = great
    Killing someone your own level multiple times = awesome
    Killing a low lvl person with no defense against you = funny
    Killing a low lvl person with no defense against you every time they rez for more than 10+ times = you sir are a douche, but whatever

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Context my good man...context. We're not talking directly about ganking in WoW. The subject shifted to Professional Soliders in the real world.

    Also, In this game and other games like Battlefield 3, Call of Duty. People always says "It's war anything goes" Yet, that's not 100% true. In Context to "It's war" the civilized World has rules. Much like in the US back in the "Wild West days", if you didn't like someone, you could just shot him. I imagine some people used the same mindset of "It's called the Wild West, Move back East if you don't like it!" At the same time, they probably complained about the Indians for being savages.
    I couldnt care less man im not reading an essay this is a video game it has no relation to anything in real life and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron with serious mental issues. nuff said

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Killing someone who has no chance of defending themselves is the move of a coward the same as bullying. It'd be nice if people figured out that PvP is engaging with someone who could possibly give you a challenge

    I think you need to learn what PvP actually means. Player vs Player. Regardless of level, if you are level 90 and kill a level 1 it's still PvP.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    I couldnt care less man im not reading an essay this is a video game it has no relation to anything in real life and anyone who thinks otherwise is a moron with serious mental issues. nuff said
    That's fine, but you responded to a post, in response to a post, and you didn't know the context of what you were responding to. So If you don't want to read the essay, then maybe you shouldn't randomly respond to something out of context.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •