Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin2 View Post
    wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?
    Well the idea I am suggesting and I admit I could have done a better job stating it. Instead of trying to abolish world pvp on pvp servers or any other server for that matter or much less trying to curb it, why not introduce a way where both parties would have fun or at least feel it was "fair". I mean a 2 on 1 will never feel fair I get that but if its just 1 on 1 at least give the lowbie a fighting a chance. Maybe the lowbies don't fight, maybe they hide, but hell don't make it guaranteed every time they fight a higher up that a loss will ensue, that's just discouraging all the way around, and ultimately leads to fewer players at the top.
    Last edited by Halabash; 2012-11-07 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    "Ganking" is when you attack and kill people who stand absolutely no chance against you whatsoever, and of whom you know that they stand absolutely no chance.
    It usually involves killing lowbies, but higher levels in really bad gear could also be called 'ganking.'
    Since the target of a gank has no option to retaliate, defend themselves, and absolutely zero chance of winning, this is 'griefing.'
    If you pick an enemy for world pvp, you don't pick a baby... You pick a seasoned opponent.
    so your saying you know more then the gms who enforce the rules and have said pleanty of times they do not consider ganking griefing?......whatever you say lol

The day any game starts to consider ganking as griefing, is the day that game dies

so your saying you know more then the gms who enforce the rules and have said pleanty of times they do not consider ganking griefing?......whatever you say lol
    Since you are back, I have a serious question for you (and I really mean it): in previous posts you said you had experienced suicide in your close environment. Several people including me said there are cases of people hurting themselves because of grieving in online games. How can you justify your attitude and behavior when you KNOW there is a chance (how small it is) people are taking it hard when you gank them, are considering what you do is grieving and are having serious emotional problems with it...

@ thatcrazypenguin2 - you are a gem, 1 of a kind - thank god for that. I hope you have more suicides in your RL to deal with, and I hope they are people who are very close to you. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Halabash View Post
    bringing back dishonorable kills can create a new bragging rights and might encourage the activity, couple that with affecting arena rating whats to stop reverse greifing (im reaching on this one) where lowbies find higher level players and attempt to jump into their aoe or tag a rare that would give them negative arena.

I think your on the right idea though.

How about world pvp caps level to the lowest person in the bunch and reduces stats to approriate, or handicaps damage against the lower level player something like 99% to deal with stat creep on gear?
    As long as there are some real disadvantages in game, then DH may be idea. Things such as your own faction refuse to welcome you. Items cost way more. FP are closed. Attacks in neutral towns etc.

And maybe a gold reward for killing the player by the opposite faction? There needs to be a way to remove it, some long daily grinds for example.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:43 PM ----------

wouldnt work in the slightest, the majority of gankers, me included dont do it for honour and dont care about honour, we do it because we enjoy world pvp and taking on the opposing faction in the world, my current main has never been in an arena why would I want to do that when ive got a whole world of random, unstructured pvp out there to enjoy?[COLOR="red"]
    I hear that a lot but I wonder why if you like world PvP, you do not arrange a city raid or challenge players in your bracket rather than killing low level players who do not have a chance to kill you anyway.

no like WPvP goto pve server. but camping low levels is kinda a dick move, but i understand if its like horde going out killing lower leveled alliance settlements. that i can understand is fun. but really if you're complaining about getting killed in the world on a pvp server that is only your fault. even if you're new to the game, when blizz chooses your realm for you, it asks if you want pvp or pve.... and to the arguement for "oh my guild is on this pvp server though"...go make new friends....real ID exists for a reason. and with CRZ i have more friends from different realms then i do my own

Everyone who says the majority gank because they like world pvp is soooooo full of crap. Half the people that gank me run from my lvl 90's. People gank because they were killed by another lvl 90 and feel bad about themselves and the only way they know how to get back at people is taking the easy way out, hitting something that doesn't hit back.

And to be honest I don't see how corpse camping isn't considered griefing....christ if that isn't griefing nothing is.

Some people just need better stuff to do... who spends day after day killing lowbies, or invading lowbie towns killing every quest giver? It doesn't give you anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    As long as there are some real disadvantages in game, then DH may be idea. Things such as your own faction refuse to welcome you. Items cost way more. FP are closed. Attacks in neutral towns etc.

And maybe a gold reward for killing the player by the opposite faction? There needs to be a way to remove it, some long daily grinds for example.

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 05:43 PM ----------

I hear that a lot but I wonder why if you like world PvP, you do not arrange a city raid or challenge players in your bracket rather than killing low level players who do not have a chance to kill you anyway.
    I do both how many times do I have to say this, I go for all regarless of level, so whats the problem?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:11 PM ----------

and salamala I find it quite humerous how much effort your putting in trying to offend me there, makes me relise what a sad bastard you must be, say that kind of thing to my face you fuckin keyboard warrior and I might take it seriously otherwise sticks and stones mate sticks and stones even more so on a forum :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Since you are back, I have a serious question for you (and I really mean it): in previous posts you said you had experienced suicide in your close environment. Several people including me said there are cases of people hurting themselves because of grieving in online games. How can you justify your attitude and behavior when you KNOW there is a chance (how small it is) people are taking it hard when you gank them, are considering what you do is grieving and are having serious emotional problems with it...
    you mean griefing yes? I dont grief so theres no issue :P jesus man you cant even spell the issue your speaking about and you expect me to take you seriously?

I do both how many times do I have to say this, I go for all regarless of level, so whats the problem?

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:11 PM ----------

and salamala I find it quite humerous how much effort your putting in trying to offend me there, makes me relise what a sad bastard you must be, say that kind of thing to my face you fuckin keyboard warrior and I might take it seriously otherwise sticks and stones mate sticks and stones even more so on a forum :P

---------- Post added 2012-11-07 at 06:12 PM ----------

you mean griefing yes? I dont grief so theres no issue :P jesus man you cant even spell the issue your speaking about and you expect me to take you seriously?
    don't*
    I guess nobody can take you serious anymore either -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Because camping lowbies questing isnt PVP, PVP is when you are fighting someone at an equal level.
    Wrong! PVP = Player vs. Player. Like it or not, it is PVP and PVP will never be fair. Blizzard knew this and created a few realm types to make us all happy.

Lol, look up your posting history. There is not ONE post without an error, either spelling or grammatically. Look up your last post, to make it easy for you I made some of the errors bold. When I try to get some serious answers, you (like before) start to change the subject and go to unrelated issues. You are just too much...

Deleted
    Lol, look up your posting history. There is not ONE post without an error, either spelling or grammatically. Look up your last post, to make it easy for you I made some of the errors bold. When I try to get some serious answers, you (like before) start to change the subject and go to unrelated issues. You are just too much...
    I was being ironic considering all the flack I`m taking for bad grammar then someone posts against me who cant even find the right word I found that pretty amusing as grieving is a completely different word and meaning then griefing :P and no I dont give you serious answers because you dont ask me serious questions, first of all you completly ignore the fact that under the blizzard t&c as ive stated ganking isnt griefing so calling me a griefer is pointless, secondly you go onto claim wow ganking has been linked to self harming, really? are you stupid or just unaware of how disrespectful your being by bringing such a serious issue into here to help your argument against people killing people on a video game? Ill take you seriously when you give me a reason 2 my friend

Deleted
    So much drab dribble being spouted out on this thread it's unreal. So I will ask again
    How and why can people compare real life scenarios with an MMO Fantasy game?
    This is an honest question.

I don't want some sly snake gobshite replying to this for dig's just give an honest plausible answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    So much drab dribble being spouted out on this thread it's unreal. So I will ask again

I don't want some sly snake gobshite replying to this for dig's just give an honest plausible answer.
    This is baffling me as well, ive heard everything compared to wow ganking in this thread from self harm to suicide to bullying to the sodding geneva convention and how we should treat people in times of war.

to say some of these posters are taking gaming way to seriously is an understatement, absolutely ridiculous some of these comparisons. Just when you think you've seen it all someone on the internet always finds a way to push it further into the realms of stupidity.

I was being ironic considering all the flack I`m taking for bad grammar then someone posts against me who cant even find the right word I found that pretty amusing as grieving is a completely different word and meaning then griefing :P and no I dont give you serious answers because you dont ask me serious questions, first of all you completly ignore the fact that under the blizzard t&c as ive stated ganking isnt griefing so calling me a griefer is pointless, secondly you go onto claim wow ganking has been linked to self harming, really? are you stupid or just unaware of how disrespectful your being by bringing such a serious issue into here to help your argument against people killing people on a video game? Ill take you seriously when you give me a reason 2 my friend
    First, guess you never heard of spelling checkers? Sadly it sometimes changes words.
    Secondly, there have been bans for people repeatedly ganking (griefing so you wish) people. You can deny want you want, but for once use Google and you'll be amazed by what you find.
    Thirdly, again use Google and you will find cases of people hurting themselves because of a game. You can deny that what you want, but sadly it's true.

So back to my question: why do you have fun hurting people?

Deleted
    First, guess you never heard of spelling checkers? Sadly it sometimes changes words.
    Secondly, there have been bans for people repeatedly ganking (griefing so you wish) people. You can deny want you want, but for once use Google and you'll be amazed by what you find.
    Thirdly, again use Google and you will find cases of people hurting themselves because of a game. You can deny that what you want, but sadly it's true.

So back to my question: why do you have fun hurting people?
    First Well you should really check your posts before posting shouldn't you mr grammar teacher :P my point was dont slag off my grammar and then post such mistakes yourself!

Secondly I dont grief how many times have I told you this, I do not gank people repeatedly unless they decide to whisper me abuse in which case theyre asking for it, try reading previous posts before accusing me of something I do not even take part in.

Lastly Show me a case of someone hurting themself because they were ganked on wow because that is the discussion here, if you cannot find any such example then why are you even bringing up the issue?

First Well you should really check your posts before posting shouldn't you mr grammar teacher :P my point was dont slag off my grammar and then post such mistakes yourself!

Secondly I dont grief how many times have I told you this, I do not gank people repeatedly unless they decide to whisper me abuse in which case theyre asking for it, try reading previous posts before accusing me of something I do not even take part in.

Lastly Show me a case of someone hurting themself because they were ganked on wow because that is the discussion here, if you cannot find any such example then why are you even bringing up the issue?
    Man, do you even read the posts you reply to. All the time you want me to prove stuff, and all the time YOU are the one claiming falsehoods as truth. Show me the post where I said anything about your grammar before the one you posted about me using "grieving". Guess those posts are deleted too, like all the others...

Deleted
    Man, do you even read the posts you reply to. All the time you want me to prove stuff, and all the time YOU are the one claiming falsehoods as truth. Show me the post where I said anything about your grammar before the one you posted about me using "grieving". Guess those posts are deleted too, like all the others...
    `lol, look up your posting history. There is not ONE post without an error, either spelling or grammatically. Look up your last post, to make it easy for you I made some of the errors bold. When I try to get some serious answers, you (like before) start to change the subject and go to unrelated issues. You are just too much...`

No you make no mention of my grammar or spelling in the above quote at all do you? moron!

Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post

It's human nature for people to try to formulate responses to new scenarios by comparing them to their own experiences. An MMO fantasy game is not some closed-off bubble with no outside influence. It is filled with people, and these people have lives outside the fantasy world. These lives affect their in-game lives, how they respond to events in-game, how they deal with other player characters, etc. That is how, and that is why. And it will never change.