Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Very large amount would be most of WoW's subscriber base. -_-

Do you think this "very large amount" of players banned from the forums will want to continue to play the game? The addicted would, but not everyone is addicted, and at this stage of WoW's existence folks don't need many reasons to leave.

Did banning before improve the WoW forums? It didn't back in the WotLK days, in the Cata days and certainly won't in the MoP days.

Do you know why?

They ban the wrong people.

They treat the forums like a Facebook page. People are getting banned for the most obnoxious reasons. Meanwhile, 10000000001 drivebys post there stinking up the place.

No one sane would suggest they should be punching bags. But what folks are suggesting is using a tad more tact.

Don't need another DiabloIII style dev dissing. It's horrible for PR.
    "Very large amount" means just that--a very large amount. If there's 10 million subscribers and 2 million are shitheads, then a very large amount are shitheads, but that's not "most."

Also you're optimizing on failure. If they are banning the wrong people, then that's a failure of the system, not a failure on the concept. Nice strawman though.

Finally, why should Blizzard reps use more "tact" (subjective) when they're being punching bags for rude people? People think they can treat CMs like garbage simply because "Blizzard is a company and they have to be nice to me, no matter what." I propose that is a faulty statement and I really wish companies of all kinds would stop enabling people like that by catering to them. If I run a shop and a customer is rude to one of my employees, I damn well would kick them out and deny them the sale. Would I lose his money? Of course, but I'd quickly get a reputation as a store where you can come and be free from rude, obnoxious, entitled people and may gain customers elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    blue posters might be more likeable since they have backbone. i wish gms did the same.. all of them are so cheery and phony not wishing to take part in the name calling of baddies and retards that are so described in LFD/lfr... its quite inhuman.. although i do agree lfr is beyond a low skill level.
    GMs are fine for the most part even if i often cringe at how cheesy their "intro rp" is*>.<.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    GMs are fine for the most part even if i often cringe at how cheesy their "intro rp" is*>.<.
    At least you still get intro RPs! GMs have been giving me canned responses for months now

I think he replied like that not because of the opinion of the poster but the way the poster talks about other people. He still has a point. Feeling 'forced' to do LFR is the same as feeling 'forced' to do dailies.

Although I like they respond like this when it's appropiate it's kinda strange that they reply to these comments. Why not ignore them and reply to people who can actually have a decent discussion? I thought they wanted constructive feedback.

I'm with the blues on this; if people want to be whiny, snide little shitheads then they should be prepared to have that thrown back in their face. I love it when people like the OP quoted mouth off to a blue, get their noses rubbed in it, then whine that the GM's were being unprofessional when in reality its just another idiot who thinks he/she is special and should be able to mouth off on the internet as much as possible without being held responsible for the stupid they put out.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    The sarcasm was an indirect insult. Very few companies approve of publicly using sarcasm as a backhanded insult to customers.
    That was an insult? Really?

Anyway, when you call others "mouthbreathers" or whatever else you should be able to take a little sarcasm.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 12:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I'm with the blues on this; if people want to be whiny, snide little shitheads then they should be prepared to have that thrown back in their face. I love it when people like the OP quoted mouth off to a blue, get their noses rubbed in it, then whine that the GM's were being unprofessional when in reality its just another idiot who thinks he/she is special and should be able to mouth off on the internet as much as possible without being held responsible for the stupid they put out.
    Eventhough the blue poster is completely right here he should have just given him a tempban for insulting people or something. Responding to people who act like this is pointless. It will never get better whatever you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkone238 View Post
    "Very large amount" means just that--a very large amount. If there's 10 million subscribers and 2 million are shitheads, then a very large amount are shitheads, but that's not "most."
    :thunk, thunk, thunk:

I rest my case. You just don't get it.

Community will kill itself at this rate with these types of suggestions...literally.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 07:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Eventhough the blue poster is completely right here he should have just given him a tempban for insulting people or something. Responding to people who act like this is pointless. It will never get better whatever you say.
    That they didn't ban is the curious part. Usually if you sneezed, they would hand out bans for "Trolling/Flaming".

What happened? Banned all the content posters and all what's left are players like that left (haven't bothered to check the WoW forums and frankly don't care)?

No wonder why GC is looking elsewhere for info.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Whilst I don't take particular issue with that comment, I am often struck by how rude, dismissive and generally unprofessional a lot of blue posters are, even quite senior ones,it does not reflect well on a company.

Also, responding to trolls. But ignoring more reasonable posters just encourages trolls. A mod should,have banned the poster and locked the thread.
    Last edited by mmoc4e3ce29075; 2012-11-06 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    Not good enough.
    Telling the rude dumbass that he is a rude dumbass is fine. Pointing out he's violating forum policies and yet not permabanning him on the other hand makes sure the official forums remain as worthless as they have been for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't always been like this. All it shows is that they know they have enough subscribers that if they piss off a handful of them, it's not that big a deal.

Granted, it IS nice. I get so tired of companies having to tip-toe around a subject just so they don't piss off the masses. Though there's also a difference between having a backbone, and just being a complete jerk about something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm reading that thread now, and it's crazy...

So no, it's not a problem of skill, we know what we shoud do and we do it. That said, we are not pro's and not pretending to be, but we have the minimum of skill needed to achieve victory. I'm sure it's a gear problem, because with more gear, less heals would be needed, and more big heals would land on players, and mana of the healers would last longer, without counting the dps or defense increase of the others. Therefore, LFR is mandatory (maybe not for all, but for some guilds) to gear up and not waste another 2 weeks wiping in the same damned boss. Average ilvl of my raid is 470, and that isn't enough even we do what is required.
    The reason healers are usually out of mana is because the raid is taking more damage than necessary. Everyone on that thread is saying this OP's team has enough gear to down the raid bosses, but he still goes on about needing more gear. He keeps pushing that the healers need more haste and gear. Apparently he can't get it through his head, something is wrong.

It's just another classic example what healers have to go through when the concentration is more on pew-pew-pew, not more raid awareness. If he can't overheal it he needs to overgear it. -_-
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Now if only they had some backbone addressing real issues like botting, realm imbalance and cheap patches..

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    You say that like you think they're not trying to be cheesy.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I disagree over there all the time. I get reported all the time too and guess what. Not one ban or suspension. Why? Because I can manage to state my case in a way that stays within the rules.

Which forum rules specifically do you believe that Draztal has broken?
    This rule

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which: Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
    If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will: Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
    Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it when the Blues post stuff like that, specially when it's something warranted like that. Someone needed to put that guy back in his place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    This rule

Harassing or Defamatory

This category includes both clear and masked language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which: Insultingly refer to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people Result in ongoing harassment to other characters, players, Blizzard employees, or groups of people
    If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will: Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity
    Harassment takes many forms, and is not necessarily limited to the type of language used, but the intent. Repeatedly targeting a specific player with harassment can lead to more severe action. The idea behind this is to prevent any one player from consistently being uncomfortable in the forums.
    Man, that rule was very selectively enforced on the WoW forums. Heck, most of rules were selectively enforced. There's no consistency. You can read that thread (heck other threads there, especially the one about disabilities) and see some very nasty replies, and those folks will remain on the forums until WoW dies, ever polluting them. If anyone hates you (God look another way and someone will hate you), they will report anything you state...anything.

Moana, you're just lucky for now. You just haven't attracted the attention of the tag teams. Both of these forums operate in a similar fashion, especially with baiter/reporter tactics. What's sick is the moderation teams think it helps, but they're part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    The EU blue posters are pretty damn rude. That comment was rude and unprofessional.
    Yeah, how dare he put in straight words that one customer have no right to badmouth dozen others! He should've sided with obviously superior poster, he's much more valuable!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadoraan View Post
    Make the blues, in my opinion seem more human, and demonstrate that idiotic and elitist comments will not be tolerated.
    That's not showing backbone. Backbone would be saying things the way they are: "We will make you boost baddies in LFR just like we made you boost them in LFG. It's good business because it keeps the baddies paying and we know you won't quit over it."

Backbone?

The CM back tracked a few pages later.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...838?page=7#125

That handsome troll hunter has some points and Blizzard can't seem to find a better way to deal with them except by raging.

Zarhym going full retard. You never go full retard man.

Sadly he decided to address the retard and not one of the other more eloquent posts on the issue. At least EU is getting blues trying to justify it and not just sitting in a corner waiting for a "THANK YOU MODS *SUCK COCK* *SUCK COCK* *SUCK COCK*" thread.