Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you like "Exclusive Content"?

I put quotes around Exclusive Content because several comments have been made about content that is only meant for hardcore players, or players that have a lot of time / gold to spend.

I personally enjoy the concept of "Exclusive Content" because really all content in game is available content. Its just that it takes time / skill / gold to acquire / achieve. That in itself should motivate players to stick to it, and work towards a goal. Thats all what TBC was about. It rewarded players with patience. Let me re-emphasize that: Patience

All things in this game can be acquired over time. It takes patience and some of it takes skill.

So I really like the idea of exclusive content like the Brawlers Guild. I also really like the idea of daily quests for rep. Its acquired over TIME. Patience is involved. The only thing i think they should have done is tie certain dungeons to certain reps like they did for TBC. Its not like it takes a genious to do these faceroll heroics anyway.

What do you think?

Deleted
    People who don't have jobs generally like it since they can spend the time needed to get to it. People who have jobs don't want to put the effort needed into it. You can never get the workers and workless to agree on anything in WoW.

No problems with it at all. I wouldn't call anything in this game technically exclusive, as the means and capacity to accomplish anything is within the reach of every player, with the possible exception of things that are very RNG-reliant.

Long term goals are good for the game, and you either care about them and pursue them, or don't care, and ignore them completely.

*shrug*

As a worker, I do like exclusive content, particularly if it's something that can be obtained over time. Those with more time to play might get it in a month, but if I can still work towards it by the end of the expansion (and sometimes for me even during the next expansion), then I still like it.

WoW is my primary free time hobby, though, so I do spend a lot of time playing. Video games are my general hobby and WoW is a focal point with others drawing me away for times.

I have no problems with it, if people can complete it then power to them, I dont however like when people start bitching about LFR needing to be removed, as well as LFD and flying mounts and so it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what you mean by "exclusive content." I think the overwhelming majority of content should be accessible to everyone, although I am fine with a little bit of special exclusive content for the elite like HM-only bosses or things like challenge modes.

I am perfectly okay with things that anyone can complete that just take a lot of time and dedication. I don't, however, consider hard mode raiding to be in this category. I am thinking more of epic quest lines or faction grinds.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

/Engage every single Warcraft player ever

Yes, but only if i'm one of the exclusive ones. If not, it's the worst thing that has ever befallen any single person in history.

/Disengage

But in reality, it doesn't bother me. Like you said, it's a timesink. If it is something I really want to do, i'll find the time for it.

I haven't really read alot about this Brawlers thing, but the only thing I would say is as long as everyone who wants to will get in eventually, not immediately, but eventually, then it's fine. Completely artificial blocking of content is a bit crap.

I'm fine with exclusive content, but as a formerly hardcore player who spent a lot of time on farming rep factions in the past, it would be nice if there were some other way to gain rep than dailies. It's just an artificial gate, and if i only log in two days a week then it will take months to reach exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
    /Engage every single Warcraft player ever

Yes, but only if i'm one of the exclusive ones. If not, it's the worst thing that has ever befallen any single person in history.

/Disengage

But in reality, it doesn't bother me. Like you said, it's a timesink. If it is something I really want to do, i'll find the time for it.

I haven't really read alot about this Brawlers thing, but the only thing I would say is as long as everyone who wants to will get in eventually, not immediately, but eventually, then it's fine. Completely artificial blocking of content is a bit crap.
    Whats interesting about the complainers of the brawlers guild being "exclusive" is you can fight the SAME bosses in their respective raid dungeons already. Its a baseless whine about a very trivial piece of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. By that I mean that I like PVE content that takes some skill, time or both to see/complete. Same for PVP. I like rewards for PvE and for PvP that you can only get if you put in some effort and ideally show some skill at that facet of the game. Pne reason I don't really like titles being BoA is that you can't really tell if someone was really good at their Shaman/hunter/Druid/etc and that's why they have an impressive title on that toon or if they were carried through on another toon and got it that way.

The BMAH thing for Brawler's Guild feels off because I don't see the connection between amassing a lot of gold and gaining entry into a Fight Club style event. I think the problem with it is the basic design... you can only have one fight per faction per server at a time? Um... that's idiotic. But once they did that, they needed some way to keep it very exclusive.

Does any of this matter? Not really. But you asked...
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-11-05 at 06:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellemental View Post
    I'm fine with exclusive content, but as a formerly hardcore player who spent a lot of time on farming rep factions in the past, it would be nice if there were some other way to gain rep than dailies. It's just an artificial gate, and if i only log in two days a week then it will take months to reach exalted.
    It takes maybe 30 mins max to complete all the dailies. Including Kalaxi, Golden Lotus, Shadow Pan, August Celestials.

It may take a bit longer to do the more optional dailies but not much: Tillers, Angelers, Cloud Serpents

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see the problem with it.

if there is come content i am really wanting to see, i'll work for it and find a way to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jay I generally disagree with your posts but I am all behind this one. But it was because of the way you phrased it.

Patience.

I have the patience to continue doing dailies till I am exalted because I know that I will be exalted in X number of days. Just because you have more time does not mean you have more patience.

The thing that gets to me about exclusive content is that a lot of times it is not based of patience of an event to occur, but on RNG, that could essentially never give you what you are waiting for.

If you'd made this post back in tBC I would have agreed with you 100%.

Now though, over the past 2 expansions and this one, Blizzard has maintained the precedence of entitlement amongst it's playerbase to the extent that everyone has to do and see everything. So removing that all of a sudden after wotlk and cataclysm would be an absolutely terrible call as we saw at the start of cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I doubt I will ever be jealous when someone who spends more time on a game gets more out of it.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-11-05 at 06:07 PM.

Deleted
    My money is a good as your money. Why shouldn't You or I be able to "in theory" have everything the same if willing to have a crack at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would depent on the content.

If you have something like you had in Vanilla, were it was at release "Raid or die", because there were no daily quests, there was no competetive PvP System, there was no T0.5 questchain - you had your raid as highend content and only highend content (aside from the 4-5 max level dungeons). If you had a raiding guild, cool, no problem. But if you didn't have one, well ... you had nothing to do. The only real highend content was exclusive to raiders.

If it is something on those scopes, no, it's not a good idea. Because you make massive amounts of content for a very few players.

A single heroic mode only boss? A achievement like "The Insane"? Feats of Strenght for the Heroic kills pre nerf? No problem. Something like the Brawlers Guild? Not sure. Of course everyone can somehow gain access and it's not that much content (8 ranks and 4 battles per rank? Well, basically, 32 mobs - not so much).

As said, depends on the type of "exclusive content".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    As a worker, I do like exclusive content, particularly if it's something that can be obtained over time. Those with more time to play might get it in a month, but if I can still work towards it by the end of the expansion (and sometimes for me even during the next expansion), then I still like it.
    Thank you for that! This player gets it!

Exclusive content is a good thing in my opinion, it allows for more flavor to the game when there is attached meaning to rewards that are readily recognizable.

The PVP gear from vanilla is one example. I'd love to have a set but I prefer the way it is now, it makes it a little more interesting when you see characters that have a history.

But I disagree with the "patience" design. It should be entirely based on performance and skill if it should be exclusive.
    Patience rewards should exist but I'd prefer more skill based content.

Challenge Mode gear is one example of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean exclusive content as in:
    - Really expensive mounts
    - Needing revered rep to do (heroic) dungeons
    - Rare drops of bosses / random mobs
    - 1 time events (like expansion releases)
    - Heroic only bosses (even tho i don't raid anymore)
    - Attunement system for raiding like in classic (wich was a PURE time sink)
    - Legendary's where a whole guild helps 1 guy get it
    - allllllllllllll the other time sinks / luck drops / money sinks in WoW

yes i love it all, people need to learn they sometimes can't have it all if they don't have the time or will to get it.

Honestly, this game was MADE with exclusive content in mind.
    Many people liked these things in the past, and are often just being selfish now that they have less time.

Many people say: ''During uni i had more time and i liked it, now that i work 40hours a week and have a wife and a kid i don't feel like investing that amount of time anymore''.

I went from a 40/50 hour game week to a 45 hour work week 5 hour game week but i think younger people now should be able to experience the same things i did if they wish to
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .