Blizzard forgot Shaman ?

What is going on? Seems like Blizzard has forgotten Shaman's. I can see that classes like lock, warrior etc Is bein either nerfed or buffed. Blizzard ain't going to buff or nerf shamans ?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because we're fine. We're not OP, we're not UP. We're functional and doing well.

I'm actually very happy they're not messing around with us. Every day that passes that I don't see a shaman patch note is a good day. Because I'm extremely happy with the class right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyterp View Post
    What is going on? Seems like Blizzard has forgotten Shaman's. I can see that classes like lock, warrior etc Is bein either nerfed or buffed. Blizzard ain't going to buff or nerf shamans ?
    For what I have seen in those almost 4 years, Greg Street is responsible for mail wearers, his main is a hunter (NOT MAGE; the paladin, then mage, then warrior are the characters played by "someone's wife" that get super-buffed, not Ghostcrawler's) and he is TOTALLY CRAZY for min/maxing. And treat mail wearers as if every single player of the class was like him, and our lives is to squeeze every drop of hps/dps killing ourselves to match the worst player of the other classes.

Might be fun for him, but it's about time to recognize that he is minority.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    That's because we're fine. We're not OP, we're not UP. We're functional and doing well.

I'm actually very happy they're not messing around with us. Every day that passes that I don't see a shaman patch note is a good day. Because I'm extremely happy with the class right now.
    This. We're in a good place atm with all the utility etc. and I'd hate to see that removed, particularly with all the pvp QQ going on atm. (the hybrid dps off-healing issue concerned me greatly, but thankfully they're trying to fix it with something that only affects pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    For what I have seen in those almost 4 years, Greg Street is responsible for mail wearers, his main is a hunter (NOT MAGE; the paladin, then mage, then warrior are the characters played by "someone's wife" that get super-buffed, not Ghostcrawler's) and he is TOTALLY CRAZY for min/maxing. And treat mail wearers as if every single player of the class was like him, and our lives is to squeeze every drop of hps/dps killing ourselves to match the worst player of the other classes.

He would'a been out of a job a LONG time ago if that was even remotely true.

Deleted

You gotta be kidding me

I would very much like to know how their internal working is. How many take care of the shaman class, etc. I wouldn't say that they don't like shamans, because that would be very dumb, but I'd certainly say that some classes are spend more $$ on that others - or perhaps they just have better. When I play my warlock everything makes so much sense, while shaman seems like a really good idea, but needs the last work to make specs work perfectly. Some things seem a bit meh, like the talented elementals. I wouldn't mind if they had some new interesting spells that could be used actively.
    Also many of our changes are some that in my opinion should have been 'fixed' for a long time ago, like making the fire elemental give stacks for lava lash, and that it stacks on the shaman, not on the target.

Personally i'd say that Elemental might run into some scaling issues.

Ascendance is a great CD as Elemental but during Bl haste doesn't increase the dmg from Ascendance if you have more than 15% Haste, Crit doesn't affect Ascendance Dmg at all.

Simply feels weird to me that a strong CD is not affected by 2 secondary stats during BL, it also limits to usefulness of some trinkets, On use Haste Trinkets have to used after Bl in general and Crit on Use aren't useful to Ascendance at any point.

Even if this might not be a problem in future tiers, it is still not a cool game design, Trinket Procs should always be useful if you're hitting something, especially when your Big Cooldowns are active.

Yeah, hunters are hard to play and only the high skilled players can do it.

Hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post

Relative to other raiding specs ele shaman is 'weaker'. Check all the numbers on raidbots, for all fights that have been done (all parses, both heroic/normal, both 10/25m) and you'll see a trend that ele is either in the middle of the spectrum or towards the bottom. That is obviously relative to specs that have enough parses on a particular boss.

Thing is that the differences are rather small, and can be overcome by skill/gear/rng.

So rather than saying that ele is in a really good state, I'd say the game is in a good state balance wise. But relative to other specs ele tends to rank lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    You gotta be kidding me

I would very much like to know how their internal working is. How many take care of the shaman class, etc.
    The way they talk about the process I believe is pretty safe to think the structure works this way:
    There are the Mail Wearers guys, the Cloth DPS guys, the Priest guys, the Druid guys, the other Leather Wearers guys.
    And 2 teams for plate wearers, with loose structures between them.
    Even if that's not the actual work division, they have the teams structure dedicated to a set of classes FOR SURE.
    Not only they have to think on PvE synergy, and PvP interactions, but each team also have to report to the itemization people on status and number limits. And that part is SURE TOO.

They described those two confirmed part in the last Blizzcon.

There is already a topic containing a discussion about the amount of Shaman patch notes, so I'm closing this as a duplicate.