Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Boss despawned with loot, 6 tickets didn't help.

    Okay, I give up. Been talking to 4-5 different GM's in the past few days, including a senior GM.
    Lots of tickets that did nothing, with a huge amount of waiting time.

    This is the story:

    Last thursday we killed Garalon, in Heart of Fear. After giving away 3 items out of the 6, the corpse of the boss despawned and we lost the remaining items.
    The guild masterlooter opened a ticket, and asked to restore the items, and to give me a head piece that dropped.
    Alas, a player in our guild have also won that same item from a coin bonus roll. And there it all started...

    Tickets were made, conversations with GM's kept coming. Both me and my masterlooter did everything we could to get that 1 annoying item to the right person, me.

    But the answer we kept getting is: You are wrong, the head did not disappear with the boss, it was given. To the person who got it from a coin... We sent screenshots of the chat, of the loot tracking addons, nothing mattered to them. They just looked at their game logs and told us that 25 people didn't see correctly, and the head was given to a person who didn't even want or need it. AND, that they could take it from him and give it to me, if the master looter will open a ticket and ask for that to happen. We decided to keep trying and get justice, and save that as a last solution.

    Days passed with a few more tickets, when we finally gave up, and decided to compromise and to ask to transfer the head from the player who got it (from a coin, in reality, from the boss, according to blizzard) to me. And of course that this player did not mind, he didn't even need it.

    But of course, now we get the answer that a GM can't interfere with loot distribution. After telling us more than once that they can do it, because according to their logs, it dropped from the boss.

    So yeah, you can say it's only an item. There will be others. But we've been unlucky enough with drops lately, now we lose them to bugs? And NOBODY is willing to help make things right?

    P.S. I have a screenshot of a GM telling me that the coins are bugged and they're working to fix it. Still didn't help them realize they're wrong about this.


    tl;dr:
    1. Coins are really bugged atm, looks like GMs can't see what item was given by a coin and what was dropped by the boss.
    2. Master looter should loot everything and spread the loot after. Don't risk bugs, Heart of Fear is full of them.
    3. No point in arguing with a GM, he won't even care, he will check his broken logs and tell you to GTFO.

    Have a nice evening!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Foundead View Post
    Okay, I give up. Been talking to 4-5 different GM's in the past few days, including a senior GM.
    Lots of tickets that did nothing, with a huge amount of waiting time.

    This is the story:

    Last thursday we killed Garalon, in Heart of Fear. After giving away 3 items out of the 6, the corpse of the boss despawned and we lost the remaining items.
    The guild masterlooter opened a ticket, and asked to restore the items, and to give me a head piece that dropped.
    Alas, a player in our guild have also won that same item from a coin bonus roll. And there it all started...

    Tickets were made, conversations with GM's kept coming. Both me and my masterlooter did everything we could to get that 1 annoying item to the right person, me.

    But the answer we kept getting is: You are wrong, the head did not disappear with the boss, it was given. To the person who got it from a coin... We sent screenshots of the chat, of the loot tracking addons, nothing mattered to them. They just looked at their game logs and told us that 25 people didn't see correctly, and the head was given to a person who didn't even want or need it. AND, that they could take it from him and give it to me, if the master looter will open a ticket and ask for that to happen. We decided to keep trying and get justice, and save that as a last solution.

    Days passed with a few more tickets, when we finally gave up, and decided to compromise and to ask to transfer the head from the player who got it (from a coin, in reality, from the boss, according to blizzard) to me. And of course that this player did not mind, he didn't even need it.

    But of course, now we get the answer that a GM can't interfere with loot distribution. After telling us more than once that they can do it, because according to their logs, it dropped from the boss.

    So yeah, you can say it's only an item. There will be others. But we've been unlucky enough with drops lately, now we lose them to bugs? And NOBODY is willing to help make things right?

    P.S. I have a screenshot of a GM telling me that the coins are bugged and they're working to fix it. Still didn't help them realize they're wrong about this.


    tl;dr:
    1. Coins are really bugged atm, looks like GMs can't see what item was given by a coin and what was dropped by the boss.
    2. Master looter should loot everything and spread the loot after. Don't risk bugs, Heart of Fear is full of them.
    3. No point in arguing with a GM, he won't even care, he will check his broken logs and tell you to GTFO.

    Have a nice evening!
    took you 6 tickets to realize you werent getting the loot back? lolz

  3. #3
    They won't do anything. And stop wasting their time with tickets. Wait for the next reset. Good luck >_>

    Yes I've had it before. And it's 1 boss >_> And you make 6 tickets? pathetic.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    They won't do anything. And stop wasting their time with tickets. Wait for the next reset. Good luck >_>
    Yes I've had it before. And it's 1 boss >_> And you make 6 tickets? pathetic.
    Well, not like I opened the same ticket over and over. It was 3 tickets by my masterlooter, who started it all by asking the loot the boss stole. And he did manage to get the other items, just not this one head, because it also dropped for a player by a coin.
    So that was the root of the problem, having the same item from both a coin and a boss drop. Their system can't see what's what at the moment.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    They won't do anything. And stop wasting their time with tickets. Wait for the next reset. Good luck >_>

    Yes I've had it before. And it's 1 boss >_> And you make 6 tickets? pathetic.
    If its a bug it needs to get through to blizzard. No harm in keep trying.

    How would you like it if you killed heroic will of the emperor on 25 man. You gave out 2 pieces of loot and then the bosses despawned. Despite the fact you spent 3 raid nights on it.

    Or maybe a boss that drops a mount with a 1% drop chance.

    But hey keep flaming the op.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Do you have the actual conversations saved? From my experiences since vanilla, the only times that raid loot issues have been a problem have been when we had a socially incompetent master looter who basically started GM tickets with calling everyone retarded and demanding things. GMs have always been very helpful when I've had to talk to them about such things, and it should have been fairly easy to point out that there were other undistributed items on the boss.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  7. #7
    I'm sure somebody here will be able to get the loot for you.

  8. #8
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,874
    I mean, that really sucks, but sometimes bad things happen and you're just unlucky and you have to live with it. Post a bug on the bug report forums and hope that it doesn't happen again to you or someone else.

    Good advice though to just have the master looter take everything and then hand it out.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    Do you have the actual conversations saved? From my experiences since vanilla, the only times that raid loot issues have been a problem have been when we had a socially incompetent master looter who basically started GM tickets with calling everyone retarded and demanding things. GMs have always been very helpful when I've had to talk to them about such things, and it should have been fairly easy to point out that there were other undistributed items on the boss.
    Well, I have some of it. And the thing they keep saying is "You are wrong, that player did not get the head from a coin, but from the boss". A senior GM "confirmed" it, so yeah seems like their system is bugged with coins (which one GM confirmed).

    Also having to handle with a different GM every time was so annoying. They answer your ticket and tell you GOODBYE if you have another question, open a new ticket, wait another 48 hours, and talk to a whole new person. Sigh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I'm sure somebody here will be able to get the loot for you.
    Yay, can't wait.
    I posted it here so people will know about the problems with coins and the fact that GM's can't determine whether an item dropped from the boss or from a coin. And that bosses can disappear, so be careful and loot everything fast -_-

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Foundead View Post
    1. Coins are really bugged atm, looks like GMs can't see what item was given by a coin and what was dropped by the boss.
    2. Master looter should loot everything and spread the loot after. Don't risk bugs, Heart of Fear is full of them.
    3. No point in arguing with a GM, he won't even care, he will check his broken logs and tell you to GTFO.

    1. They are seperate database entries, so they can. Whether they want too or not, is up to them (See 3)

    2. Not bad advice for whatever you're doing, not just hoF

    3. Arguing? I'm going to assume, as someone else did above, that maybe someone was a little "annoying" to the GM's that read/answered the tickets, and they didn't want to help due to general "annoying'ness"

  11. #11
    Try the official forums for this type of issue. No one here can do a damn thing to help you.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    1. They are seperate database entries, so they can. Whether they want too or not, is up to them (See 3)

    2. Not bad advice for whatever you're doing, not just hoF

    3. Arguing? I'm going to assume, as someone else did above, that maybe someone was a little "annoying" to the GM's that read/answered the tickets, and they didn't want to help due to general "annoying'ness"
    1. 3 Different GM's tried, and one even called his "supervisor" to check it out deeper. Same answer from them all, they didn't see that anything was given by a coin, while we know for a fact that it did.
    3. Well, it never got to the "annoying" or "fighting" part.
    But when a GM keeps saying you're basicly lying and that his system shows that no item was given by a coin, but by the boss, and you ask him to check it again or to talk to someone who can check deeper, cause you know you're right and he's wrong, and he doesn't care and tells you he can't help you.. And you try to insist... That's kind of what happened, no bad words, no bad feelings. They didn't even bother checking screenshots we sent them as a proof.

  13. #13

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I wanna see the screenshots.
    I could be wrong but I doubt we will ever see those screenshots.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    If its a bug it needs to get through to blizzard. No harm in keep trying.

    How would you like it if you killed heroic will of the emperor on 25 man. You gave out 2 pieces of loot and then the bosses despawned. Despite the fact you spent 3 raid nights on it.

    Or maybe a boss that drops a mount with a 1% drop chance.

    But hey keep flaming the op.
    We've had that happen on Spine Heroic. Nice try though champ! And you know what we did? We returned and killed it next reset. We made 1 ticket. We didn't waste the GM's time. Because you know why? We knew the loot would also be there next reset.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Foundead View Post
    1. 3 Different GM's tried, and one even called his "supervisor" to check it out deeper. Same answer from them all, they didn't see that anything was given by a coin, while we know for a fact that it did.
    3. Well, it never got to the "annoying" or "fighting" part.
    But when a GM keeps saying you're basicly lying and that his system shows that no item was given by a coin, but by the boss, and you ask him to check it again or to talk to someone who can check deeper, cause you know you're right and he's wrong, and he doesn't care and tells you he can't help you.. And you try to insist... That's kind of what happened, no bad words, no bad feelings. They didn't even bother checking screenshots we sent them as a proof.
    I would not accept screen as a proof if i were them. If they started to do so they would have to check very cautiosly that the screen are not fake as you can bet your ass that as soon as words start spreading that they accept them there will be a fuckload of people trying to game the system, and it would start to be extremely time consuming for a Customer Support service.

  17. #17
    Don't use Master Looter > win

  18. #18
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I would not accept screen as a proof if i were them. If they started to do so they would have to check very cautiosly that the screen are not fake as you can bet your ass that as soon as words start spreading that they accept them there will be a fuckload of people trying to game the system, and it would start to be extremely time consuming for a Customer Support service.
    Is this the entire reason that they have the hidden watermarks in the screen shots so that they can tell if the image has been tampered with in any way?

  19. #19
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Posts
    10,874
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Is this the entire reason that they have the hidden watermarks in the screen shots so that they can tell if the image has been tampered with in any way?
    I imagine the watermarks are to identify what comes from live servers and what comes from illegal private servers.

    In any case, Blizzard does not accept screen shots as evidence of anything.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

  20. #20
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I imagine the watermarks are to identify what comes from live servers and what comes from illegal private servers.

    In any case, Blizzard does not accept screen shots as evidence of anything.
    I don't know what the correct college word here is. Probable cause? Anyways...

    I am having trouble receiving credit for the 'spirit dust' and the 'Uruk!' portions of the [know your role] achievement. I'll get credit for one( the text will go from gray to green) and the other quest will not be up on the same day. The next day when I check my achievements, credit for the quest I did the previous day is removed.

    I was told that I need to read the achievement again and make sure all the guidelines were being met. Which I can accept if I wasn't receiving any credit, but not if it was being taken away. So I opened another ticket explaining why I felt like the first ticket was unresolved. While waiting for the ticket to be answered the 'spirit dust' quest was up. After finishing the quest, I screenshotted that the credit was given, and then took another the following day when credit was removed.

    I added both of these to my ticket and when I eventually got a response it was to tell me that my situation was being tossed into the hopper so that it could be bug tested if it is determined that it is a bug.

    While screenshots may not be the end all be all, I think they are at least acknowledged.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •