Thread: 5 Man Dungeons

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Angry 5 Man Dungeons

Guys what you think about 5 man dungeons, you like them? Im already Bored with most of them and i found myself leaving certain instances, this is not good considering the expansion is FRESH. Thinking about the infinite possibilities a MMORPG like wow has why they dont make a lot more of them, they introduce FUNNY daily quest in them, they make them bigger with optional area and bosses that make the whole experience Better, im not talking about WOTLK one single optional boring boss im talking about entire new wings, so ur not forced to run the same instance over and over again doing always the same bosses and same trash... My mind is just amazed considering how much improvement can be done to 5 man dungeons and how amazing they can be.

i remember when I hit 90 and needed gear I liked them. After running them for a week or two I stopped, no sense to keep doing them if I dont do dailies. I cant spend valor on anything so no need to get VP. So I must not like them because I no longer go in them.

Plus if i do get into one and its the brewery I leave, the end boss there is so boring and dumb, half the people just stand there and focus the boss while he gains life.

10+ Year Old Account
    You never did LFD in 3.3 did you? HOS/HOR/Occulus = at least 2 people leave instantly.

Once you get into raid gear they are fun ish just to see how badly you can steamroll them, can't wait until I am in full normal T14 and see what happens. In WotLK I ran LFD in 264 ICC gear for frost and just for the sake of mopping the floor with everything as a prot warr in 264 ICC DPS gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    Plus if i do get into one and its the brewery I leave, the end boss there is so boring and dumb, half the people just stand there and focus the boss while he gains life.
    So you leave the shorted heroic in the game, finishable in under 12 minutes by any average group, because you can't tell the dps to kill adds?

Yes, you are the real winner here.

Deleted
    I think the 5 mans are great. I dont like people who queue for a random then leave, surely thats not wanting a random at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgam View Post
    Guys what you think about 5 man dungeons, you like them? Im already Bored with most of them and i found myself leaving certain instances, this is not good considering the expansion is FRESH. Thinking about the infinite possibilities a MMORPG like wow has why they dont make a lot more of them, they introduce FUNNY daily quest in them, they make them bigger with optional area and bosses that make the whole experience Better, im not talking about WOTLK one single optional boring boss im talking about entire new wings, so ur not forced to run the same instance over and over again doing always the same bosses and same trash... My mind is just amazed considering how much improvement can be done to 5 man dungeons and how amazing they can be.
    Dungeons are dungeons. I dunno. I don't expect epic encounters or storytelling since that's all in the raids. I think those things you suggest would be nice, though. Have you tried challenge mode? I hear those are pretty fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    Dungeons are dungeons. I dunno. I don't expect epic encounters or storytelling since that's all in the raids. I think those things you suggest would be nice, though. Have you tried challenge mode? I hear those are pretty fun.
    Yes Ive tried challenge modes and i like them a Lot also i Really like Scenarios, i dont understand why they dont improve 5 man instances to a Next Level where u can actually have a bigger choice and Fun experience. For example why completing an instance requires following always the same path and same boss over and over and over again, i would gradually add new instances and new areas to the existing ones so people will never get bored of them, or quests with nice rewards that could be a nice alternative to dailys, or just add more instances. Playing with random people is FUN problem is 5 man content is NOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulgam View Post
    Yes Ive tried challenge modes and i like them a Lot also i Really like Scenarios, i dont understand why they dont improve 5 man instances to a Next Level where u can actually have a bigger choice and Fun experience. For example why completing an instance requires following always the same path and same boss over and over and over again, i would gradually add new instances and new areas to the existing ones so people will never get bored of them, or quests with nice rewards that could be a nice alternative to dailys, or just add more instances. Playing with random people is FUN problem is 5 man content is NOT.
    I'd prefer Blizzard spends their time working on content that I won't outgear in under a week, but that's just me.

Seriously, no one is forcing you to do dungeons. Plenty of other ways to get valor once your heroic set is up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    I'd prefer Blizzard spends their time working on content that I won't outgear in under a week, but that's just me.

Seriously, no one is forcing you to do dungeons. Plenty of other ways to get valor once your heroic set is up.
    U miss the point, is not About Valor, is about FUN!!! Just queued for a random heroic 2 sec ago entered shado pan monastery and 3 people instantly left that means theres something wrong with 5 man design.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    because you can't tell the dps to kill adds?
    You don't kill the adds.

The challenge modes are awesome. Regular heroics are just easy mode for fresh 90s or for some quick valor

I did... a TON of them when I first hit 90 gearing up... until I only needed the helm from Jade Temple, and then I was 'that guy' who left after the first boss didnt drop what I needed for the 5-6 days. I usually don't do that, but in the end I saved about 2-3 hours that I spent on dailies & rep without totally burning myself out.

Since then, I do a couple a week if at least two other guildies need gear from them and we need challenges. Oddly, I find myself doing scenarios more often then dungeons now (and praying Theramore doesnt pop up).

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic 5 mans I kinda have fun with. I really only do a couple a week now since I can valor cap with dailies alone now, and I am very happy about that. Now, challenge modes are where its at. I absolutely love each and every dungeon I've done as a challenge mode. I'm still working on them, and probably will be for quite some time. Man that is the most fun I've had outside of a 10 man raid in a LONG time.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Choice in LFD? Are you mad? People freak out when you skip/don't skip different areas in 5's already..

And don't kid yourself, people have run these things in and out since release, it will get boring no matter what, and people tend to leave randoms when they don't get their instance. I do it all the time, I need x, so I queue for a random and if it's not X I leave, do other things while my debuff runs out. The instances themselves are fine, but you're silly if you think it's possible to make something that never gets dull...5'mans usually have an early expiration date, it's nothing new.

id leave brewery.. and jade serpent temple.. unless the dps turns out to rock. the problem with brewery is... if your party is full of a buncha mouth breathing retards that cant dps for shit.. well the adds on the final boss take a long time to die.. even on my dk doing 70k aoe dps as a tank.. it still takes a long time. ive literally had a 11 min fight because the retarded dps would do a max of 15-20k while the boss spawned tons of healing adds.

and the jade serpent temple.. god the bosses are so boring.. mari is sucha dry bos.. all he does is summon 4 adds so slowly... and the loreseeker story never changes.. its the same shit over and over again. im glad i dont need gear from either of them.

shado-pan monastery is really annoying too. the trash is pointless.. the gauntlet event makes me want to /wrists.. theres a reason blizz should have got rid of gauntlets (aside from icc which was moderatly tolerable) (the sha boss is annoying as fuck.. and taranzhu even more so especially when dealing with idiots that cant kill the orbs)
    the rest of the dungeons are quite fun and challenging

mogushan palace.. same shit again.. the trash isnt so bad but that fucking elevator is a piece of sh** .. leaving way too fast and it doesnt stop at all. atleast the BWD elevator was funny.

the rest of the dungeons are quite fun.
    both scarlet halls have enjoyable antics...
    siege is really decent.. i enjoy playing bomberman on the 3rd boss.. although the end boss is an asshole too.
    and scholo is really fun despite people thinking its terribly difficult - i always laugh when people get 1shotted by rattlegore cause they didnt renew bone armor.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Optional bosses are a bad idea because no one ever does them.

Deleted
    You guys are missing the point regarding people leaving instantly :

they need an item from a specific instance. They ran that instance already today. They are queing random in the hope to get that instance, and if it's another one they leave. I did that for a few weeks when i was just missing 1-2 items. Its got nothing to do with dungeon quality.

WoW has ruined me. Or at least the more recent implementation. I used to look forward to going and doing a full Strat or BRD run. Now I can barely handle an instance with 4 bosses in it.
    RETH

I enjoyed the 5-mans at the very start of the expansion while gearing up and getting the achi. The problem though is that you run those instances soooooooo many times early on they will always get boring fast. I spammed Jade Serpent and Stormstout for 2 hours straight when leveling and did quite a few runs of the others aswell. Then when I hit night we spammed the LFD queue for hour after hour to gear up both ourselves and other guildies.

I know you say it's only been a month, but how many times in that month have you run those things? I can't count how many times in the first week, let alone the first month. I also ran Gate of the Setting Sun every damn day to try for the bow and I'm sick of the place.

HC's being no different at all to the normal modes also adds to this feeling of boredom. Until I finally had a go at challenge modes I really couldn't be arsed to do anymore dungeons after I'd geared and got my cloud serpent. Now That I've started challenge modes I really want to go back to them and keep working as they are actually a challenge and fun.

Nothing Blizz can do will stop you getting bored of something you do repeatedly day after day. Think of it like you favourite movie, watching it a few times is good fun. Now try watching it repeatedly for an entire day and tell me you don't get bored of it by then end!

Deleted
    Canceled my sub 9 months ago, but I play on ptr from time to time with a premade. 5mans seem realy easy and boring, I must say i've done not all of them but what I've seen so far is a bad joke. Especially after we killed Xin in Mogushan Palace + all the trash before him with 2 dds (mage,shaman) and me as a healer. Challenge modes are probably ones, where all the fun is.