View Poll Results: Have you ever hunted for sport?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Its great fun, and sometimes challenging

    9 5.45%
  • No - But I would like to give it a try!

    40 24.24%
  • Yes - And I also got the food from the kills

    31 18.79%
  • I support PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

    20 12.12%
  • No, I wouldn't want to try it

    65 39.39%
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Why though? Tell me why you need to kill and eat wild animals.
    i personally dont. but i have no objection to those who do hunt to eat. and yes, there are people around here that DO hunt for food, partly because they are poor. there are even programs that allow a hunter to donate his kill to groups that will feed poor and homeless people with it.

    as for need? people need to eat. it's not your call what they eat or how they get it

    sustainability? that's why there are regulations, when you can hunt, with what type of weapon, how many your can harvest

  2. #222
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,713
    Quote Originally Posted by aimil View Post
    I love that almost everyone thinks its wrong to hunt animals and they suffer, its painful and morally wrong <3

    I hope that all of you "NAY-sayers" also are veggies?
    Cus in my opinion its much more morally wrong to eat cow or pig or such animals which basically just stand still in one place their entire life just to get fat fast so they can get killed. THAT is really animal suffering, etc, etc...

    The animal you hunt and kill have lived in the free wild, hopefully a good life and DEFINITELY a better and more joyful life than a "super-breeded, eat-alot-cow" which only seen the ass of its brother while eating its entire life.

    I know some ppl like to watch ass and eat a whole life, but I would surely choose the wild animals life and get killed in the wild instead of a frikking fabric with 100000 other livestock.

    Hunting = Ecological Meat
    Yes! I don't see why people can't see this too. "Oh, you killed an animal in the wild!? That's wrong! We have cows that stand in concrete factories for that! That's humane!"

    Lol

  3. #223
    Mechagnome Bad Ashe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Deep inside the power core.
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    That doesn't have anything to do with the point I was trying to make.

    i dont think you even know what point you were going to make, i believe all your debatable cards have been played. and they have all been trumped.

    you should have left it at "killing for fun = bad" and walked away.

  4. #224
    Just because I want to eat a burger, doesnt mean I want to be the one to kill the cow.

    Hunting is not something I am interested in. Ive never even held a gun in my 24 years on this planet.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Because they don't need to hunt in order to obtain meat. It is killing something when you don't need too.


    According to your point of view, I shouldn't raise cattle, chickens, goats, ducks, geese, bees, etc; because I can buy the items in the store?

    There's no difference in me raising those animals, which I do, and hunting deer on my property. It all goes in the freezer and gets eaten.

  6. #226
    Hunting is not a sport, it is a recreational activity. Much like bushwalking and rock climbing.

    There's no sport in killing something that's defenceless.

  7. #227
    Old God
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    10,247
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Yes there is, where would we get enough meat for our population without damaging the environment beyond repair? The earth can not support us, hunting could not support all of us.
    No there really isn't. You consider the meat industry a necessity(it's really not, it's a choice, we could go vegitarian), something that is highly unatural, cattle, or rather the animals we domesticated was never meant to live the way they do, but condemn something that is actually quite natural, something we've done for fucking 1000s of years, not to mention that controled, regulated hunt doesn't even affect wild life negatively, rather the opposit if there are no natural predators.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

  8. #228
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i dont think you even know what point you were going to make, i believe all your debatable cards have been played. and they have all been trumped.

    you should have left it at "killing for fun = bad" and walked away.
    Not really, the only retorts I've got are "But I like to eat wild meat!"

  9. #229
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,713
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Not really, the only retorts I've got are "But I like to eat wild meat!"
    You have selective reading then...sry.

  10. #230
    The Lightbringer Collegeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    pheasant hunting with a brittany...
    Nothing like a beautiful hunting dog.




    OT:

    I think a lot of people misunderstand hunters. No one loves the wildlife and wants to conserve more than a hunter does. You have to respect, sympathize, understand, and love the wildlife to be a true woodsman. I'll give you a perfect example. I once got in a fairly long argument with some guy from canada about how he wants to shoot black bears that come on his property.

    I tried to explain to this bloke that black bears are one of the most peaceful, timid animals in the world, and there is no reason to be afraid of them coming on his property. Even a mother black bear won't attack to protect her cubs because that would be counter productive to teaching them to run up a tree from danger. He seemed to be fairly convinced black bears were no different than grizzly bears. This guy was no hunter.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-11-05 at 10:26 PM.

  11. #231
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    You have selective reading then...sry.
    I have yet to see anyone provide me with a reason as to why hunting is necessary in our society.

  12. #232
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,713
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I have yet to see anyone provide me with a reason as to why hunting is necessary in our society.
    Again, selective reading or just refusal to understand/accept. Try scanning through everyone's comments and replies to you.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I have yet to see anyone provide me with a reason as to why hunting is necessary in our society.
    actually, i did. but you must have missed it. around here, and in other parts of the country, people that are living in poverty hunt to help sustain themselves. also, it is a legit means of population control. unless you think cullings, ie massacres where a lot is wasted to no good end is a better solution

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I have yet to see anyone provide me with a reason as to why hunting is necessary in our society.
    It's called reading. You should try it sometime. I hear it helps with understanding things.

  15. #235
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Again, selective reading. Try scanning through everyone's comments and replies to you.
    I have. None of the reasons make me believe our society needs hunters. It simply doesn't.

    Hunting is in no way necessary for our survival anymore. That is why I don't support it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    It's called reading. You should try it sometime. I hear it helps with understanding things.
    People liking to eat different forms of meats and liking to do things doesn't make it necessary.

  16. #236
    Killing something - taking the life of another organism, merely for sport, for play, is disgusting and immoral.

  17. #237
    Elemental Lord Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    8,713
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I have. None of the reasons make me believe our society needs hunters. It simply doesn't.

    Hunting is in no way necessary for our survival anymore. That is why I don't support it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:28 PM ----------



    People liking to eat different forms of meats and liking to do things doesn't make it necessary.
    But you support cows being raised in concrete factories, never seeing grass, fresh air or sunlight, just for the sole purpose of being eaten? That's right to you, but hunting wild animals is not? Did I get that right?

  18. #238
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    actually, i did. but you must have missed it. around here, and in other parts of the country, people that are living in poverty hunt to help sustain themselves. also, it is a legit means of population control. unless you think cullings, ie massacres where a lot is wasted to no good end is a better solution
    having outliers in our society doesn't make the concept necessary. If you can't afford meat then by all means go hunting, I've never disputed that you should be able too. However, every hunter on this site can't use that excuse, if you can access the internet then you can afford meat.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:31 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    But you support cows being raised in concrete factories, never seeing pastries or fresh open air, just for the sole purpose of being eaten? That's right, but hunting wild animals is not? Did I get that right?
    Probably the 8th time I've said this, I don't support the treatment of cattle, i just understand why we have it.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I have. None of the reasons make me believe our society needs hunters. It simply doesn't.

    Hunting is in no way necessary for our survival anymore. That is why I don't support it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 02:28 PM ----------



    People liking to eat different forms of meats and liking to do things doesn't make it necessary.
    /facepalm

    Well this was a nice way to build my post count but you are obviously being obtuse. I am going to spend my time doing something better than beating my head against the brick wall that is your "logic".

  20. #240
    Scarab Lord Puck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Williams Lake, BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,397
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    /facepalm

    Well this was a nice way to build my post count but you are obviously being obtuse. I am going to spend my time doing something better than beating my head against the brick wall that is your "logic".
    So you can't think of a reason as to why our society, or you for example, need hunting?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •