Poll: Have you ever hunted for sport?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hunting for Sport: Do you do it?

Like the thread title suggests, have you ever done it, or do you do it?

I have hunted deer, quail, bear, and turkey. Most of these have been for the sport and food aspect, but the deer and bear was mostly for sport and making trophies. What do you think about hunting for sport?

Edit: Could a mod add an option?: No - I wouldnt want to try it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-11-05 at 06:59 PM.

No, in fact I like having animals (deer, pheasant, etc) on my property and I feed them. I have been asked by my neighbors if they could hunt on my property and I deny them every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've hunted deer, rabbit, turkey, etc. before, but I always harvested what I killed.
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Deleted
    I've hunted a couple times, first time was shooting possums in NZ for a local farmer. Was 14 and had a blast, loved it. Shot a deer for the meat when I was 18.

Now that I am 25 I don't think I'd go hunting again, it was fun during my youth but killing for sport is no longer for me. I wouldn't mind going hunting solely for the meat though as long as they are plentiful in that region.

I think it can be a waste of good meat. I also think it's morally wrong of course.
    There are actual good reasons for hunting, doing it for sport is not one of them.

And yes I hunt.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a hard time killing bugs so IU couldn't imagine killing a large animal.

I dont necessarily have a problem with hunting as long as the hunter eats his/her kill.

I think trophy hunting is fucked up though...
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice biased poll.

No, I haven't hunted for sport, and it doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Where's the "No, I don't give a shit" option?

Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    first time was shooting possums in NZ for a local farmer.
    That's not hunting. Even I shoot possums since they carry disease that can kill horses.

I hunted last year and got a doe, but I've been a little lazy about using the meat so I probably wont go out again this year.
    I think hunting is very useful to society, it helps keep the population of game animals at a healthy level, builds patience and discipline, helps keep some of the population proficient in the use of firearms for if things ever got bad enough that we needed a draft again, and if done right is one of the most humane ways to gather meat. No suffering, just lights out.
    Proud member of the zero infraction club (lets see how long this can last =)

Deleted
    It's not sport and pull option are absolute shit.

Deleted
    Never! I find it utterly disgusting. I wish all the world would just become vegetarian. Sure the animals might be less intelligent than humans but if you think about if for a second, they can still feel pain, horror and fear. I would never do that to another living being and I havent eaten animal meat since I was six.

There is no option in the poll to choose "No, and I would not like to try." Your survey is completely biased and will not yield accurate results.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I wish all the world would just become vegetarian.
    If God didn't want us to eat animals He wouldn't have made them out of meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    There is no option in the poll to choose "No, and I would not like to try." Your survey is completely biased and will not yield accurate results.
    Then choose the other No option there. No you havent, so choose no.

Deleted
    Jaylock, you really need to learn how to create an unbiased poll.

My answer is no. I've never hunted for sport. If you're hunting for food, that's fine with me. If you're hunting just to kill something and get a trophy I think you're an idiot.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 07:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    What other "No" option?

Yes - Its great fun, and sometimes challenging
    No - But I would like to give it a try!
    Yes - And I also got the food from the kills
    I support PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Deleted
    This is a terrible biased poll.
    I think call hunting a sport is a joke. Killing animals for fun is not a hobby. Maybe it was in the 18th century but it should not be one in 2012.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    It's not sport and pull option are absolute shit.
    It is sport, And yeh you need to add a No answer

I don't hunt, But i live in the UK, and Hunting is something that's not very easy to get into here, i do however love shooting, with Rifles and Bows alike, i could hunt i think if i was going to eat it, But i think hunting for trophys is wrong, i have seen some insane trophy rooms, and i just don't get how you can get satisfaction by saying you killed a massive bear, when you did it with a Rifle, It stood no chance, But, this is ofcourse my Opinion,
    Get yourself out there, and fight a bear/deer /whatever without a weapon, then see who becomes the trophy

Just to clarify, as we do get some people on this site who like to make things up that they read between the lines of your posts: I have no problem with people who hunt, one of my best friends is from Texas, and now lives in the UK with work, so well, Ofcourse he hunts lol, and we talk about it alot, I just don't approve of hunting just for trophys

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Your No's are "No - But I would like to give it a try!" and "I support PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals"
    I have not and will not try it, so your first no does not fit. I support People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, not People Eating Tasty Animals.

Again, your survey is biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    If God didn't want us to eat animals He wouldn't have made them out of meat.
    Exactly!

Vegetables are just a garnish, for MEAT.

Vegetables only provide some additional vitamins and stuff to give us more energy to eat more meat!