Deleted

Resto needs help

Hi you all
    I have some troubles finding my old groove in MoP. I don't really know what I'm doing wrong, my performance kind of sucks and I have some manamanagement issues as well. It would be awesome if you could have a look at my logs and my gear/stats and may tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Amory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/alleria/Griver/simple
    World of logs: worldoflogs.com/guilds/215914/

thank you in advance!
    Last edited by mmocb03ca26865; 2012-11-05 at 10:25 PM.

On Zor'lok, you used 49 regrows and only 20 rejuvs. Resto druids are not really bursty, we gotta pre-plan damage and got ppl up - regrowthing ppl is just the worse thing you can do, it has to be the a last rest thing. Also, I see you use a lot wild growth - which is fine but very mana expensive rigth now - we can't just spam it anymore, make sure whenever u use it ppl will actually need it - i.e. when 4+ ppl are with low health. Look at the amount of overheal of your wild groth on Feng: 37.9%. Same with spirit kings, your top healing spell was WG. On other fights like Elegon and Will of Emp, you used less WG and more RJ and u end up doing a lot better (hps wise).

PS: Don't even bother trying to beat that pally on WoE, we don't shine on bursty fights and his beacon great for the amount of tank damage on that fight.

Question: what flask/food buff are you using? Int or spir? I've been personallly having way better results with int.
    Last edited by land; 2012-11-05 at 09:40 PM.

Deleted
    I thought resto druids were faceroll

Please don't troll someone who's legitimately asking for help.

~Sunfyre
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-11-05 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    I was using the spiritflask, food as well. I think I'm gonna use the intflask next time. Thank you for your answer!

You need more Reju man! Reju should be around 40% of your heals, it's only 16% now.

Your lifebloom should ALWAYS be on, with 3 stacks on the tank. And you should apply it, only after you have the mastery buff. Which means, 5 secs before pull, do a cast heal on someone, get the mastery proc, land the 3stacks on boss, then go for boss. And you should always look to renew your Mastery proc with Swiftmend (best choice) or Omen of Clarity procs. This proc, must be on 100%.

You have cast Nourish for 481 times. The only** usage of Nourish, is to renew to Lifebloom stacks on the tank. Cast it on him when his lifebloom has 3-ish seconds to end. NEVER try actually healing with Nourish.

Atm, when you get Omen of Clarity procs, and if the raid HP is fine; it's better to use your free cast on the tank, not with Healing Touch; but with Regrowth(if it's a melee boss). You will also save time nearly equal to a global CD doing this.

Most druids atm don't even bother with mushrooms, but they are not that* bad(since they can be cast out of global cd). Place some if you have the time; but don't trust them so much, cause their best heal will be like 10% hp of a dps player. But if 25man raiding, they can be reaaal good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zegyra View Post
    You need more Reju man! Reju should be around 40% of your heals, it's only 16% now.

Your lifebloom should ALWAYS be on, with 3 stacks on the tank. And you should apply it, only after you have the mastery buff. Which means, 5 secs before pull, do a cast heal on someone, get the mastery proc, land the 3stacks on boss, then go for boss. And you should always look to renew your Mastery proc with Swiftmend (best choice) or Omen of Clarity procs. This proc, must be on 100%.

You have cast Nourish for 481 times. The only** usage of Nourish, is to renew to Lifebloom stacks on the tank. Cast it on him when his lifebloom has 3-ish seconds to end. NEVER try actually healing with Nourish.
    I only occasionally dabble with resto, but given the cost of nourish and how bad it is, isn't it just better to refresh lifebloom with lifebloom or b) swap it over to someone else at 3 stacks (glyphed) to heal them up briefly then back to the tank with 3 stacks? I think nourish can safely be removed from bars at this point.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

The main gain with refreshing lifebloom with nourish isn't the refresh part, it's regaining your mastery proc. And switching them to another person won't heal them up much cause it does like 6-7k hps, whereas instant reju on the damaged person will give 15-16k instant heal, and additional 15-16k heals depending on your haste.

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    On Zor'lok, you used 49 regrows and only 20 rejuvs.
    To be fair, they had 23 Clearcasting procs.

I only cast Regrowth during Clearcasting. Other than that, keep LB on tank. For Zorlok, make use of our tremendous AE healing toolkit. Place some mushrooms between the inner-two shields. Same with Efflorescence. Rotate Tranq with Incarnation. WG, Rejuv if needed. So many tools you have at your disposal.

--I've just realized I've been looking at the wrong log. But looking at the right boss now, it's still the same advices.--

Deleted
    So more rejuv, regrows just with the clearcasting procc and nourish to refresh lifebloom and keep harmony up.
    I have reached the 3043 haste breakpoint and have 8800 spirit unbuffed. Is that okay or do I need more/less spirit? I think I#m gonna start using the int flask from now on.
    Thank you all so much!

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Also, I see you use a lot wild growth - which is fine but very mana expensive rigth now - we can't just spam it anymore, make sure whenever u use it ppl will actually need it - i.e. when 4+ ppl are with low health. Look at the amount of overheal of your wild groth on Feng: 37.9%. Same with spirit kings, your top healing spell was WG. On other fights like Elegon and Will of Emp, you used less WG and more RJ and u end up doing a lot better (hps wise).
    I disagree with that. Since you specifically mention Feng, WG should be used almost on CD even in this fight. P1, damage on 3 random players -> WG. It's by far the most efficient way to heal them back up, WG is cheap and intelligent, and our best tool in that case. Comparing his WG usage with mine, he healed about as much with it as me, but his fight was 1 min longer. Overheal is about the same, too. The big difference is Rejuv, where he had 195 ticks, 43% overheal while I had 377 ticks with 26% overheal.
    TLDR: WG is one of our best and most efficient spells, even with 40% overheal it's better than healing people with hard casts, since we have no other way of healing people for ~50k.

@OP: Use Glyph of Wild Growth. Use more rejuv and less hard casts. Reduce haste to 3043. Use int flask and food. Use Concentration Potions. Reduce spirit a bit to get more int and mastery.

---------- Post added 2012-11-06 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    I only occasionally dabble with resto, but given the cost of nourish and how bad it is, isn't it just better to refresh lifebloom with lifebloom or b) swap it over to someone else at 3 stacks (glyphed) to heal them up briefly then back to the tank with 3 stacks? I think nourish can safely be removed from bars at this point.
    Nourish on the tank to refresh LB is still useful if the tank needs *some* healing, but not 100k from Regrowth/HT. Nourish on a target with hots is slightly more HPM than HT and RG (glyph or no), so it still has its uses. Of course if you're busy healing up the raid it's better to just refresh with LB, but if there's not a lot to do you're saving mana by healing the tank with nourish.

Your spirit actually depends mostly on your trinkets. Since you have the darkmoon trinket, definetely go for valor trinket. It's quite OP. I'm using those 2, and am real happy with them.

At 2/6 HC atm ilvl485 and I only have 7740 spirit unbuffed. I don't use spirit flask or food, and I literally can't go oom atm. In fact I'm considering dropping like 500spirit and going for int.

Bottom line- spirit is overrated. It's good, but not golden. As long as you know how to be mana conservative, you don't have to stack it. I see some people going for 10k+ spirit on the forums, and it's just a waste of gear.

Deleted
    here are some tips:

- alsmost NEVER cast nourish, harmony is up by just swiftmending on cd, nourish casts way too long and heals for almost nothing
    - on ooc proccs always throw a quick regrowth (don't wait too long, this might get you less proccs overall)
    - anticipate incoming damage, plant mushrooms when you stack (with 3 shrooms and 4+ targets, hpm is amazing)
    - pay attention to who you actually cast WG on, so you get 6 targets affected (same goes for swiftmend, efflo is "wasted" if only 1 target is affected (though it might be unavoidable sometimes)
    - if you need to refresh LB on the tank, and you didn't have an ooc procc to do it, use lifebloom
    - NEVER use spirit flask/food, since its a 1:1 trade-off (other than gems where it's 2:1)