Shadow Priests in PVP, where do they stand?

Hey all, been thinking of leveling my priest to PVP as shadow, always been something that I've had interest in. I currently play a warrior, but thinking it's not for me this expansion. I've always played melee DPS, and seeing how Warriors are atm, I'm not sure if I want to keep playing him.

Anyways, I've only played an SPriest a few times, but it's something I've been looking into. Correct me if I'm wrong, but SPriests don't exactly have Cooldowns to blow when they try to get a kill, they just have to be smart with their CCs/Silence/Shadow Orb management/etc? In the games I've played against SPriests, I've seen how good they can be. Not overpowered, but good, and that's what I like to see. I HATE scenarios like: "Gates open & 10 seconds later game is won".

Basically looking for a fun, that is not an OP/FOTM class. That being said, would a SPriest fit that description or is there some hidden bs within SPriests I haven't seen yet?

Deleted
    Don't cross-post. One place is enough.

Eh, I would say that shadow is one of the fotm specs right now along with warrs, hunters, and mages. Even with the hyrid healing nerf Blizz has been hinting at, the spec will still be very strong for group play. It's definitely one of the better specs right now, but I don't see it dropping off the charts completely like BM likely will. I would say that shadow will be a solid bet for a good while for pvp.