AMD GPU Upgrade question

Hello,

My gf recently purchased this comp

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+E...&skuId=6699853

I expected much better performance from WoW, but at recommended (High) settings she is only seeing 12-15 fps on a 1920x1080 display. Tweaking many options down allowed for 20-25 fps. Some preliminary research has led me to believe that the Radeon HD 7470 gpu is to blame.

I am unfamiliar with AMD builds so my question is:

1. Is a gpu upgrade for this build possible?

2. If possible could you recommend a decent, cost-effective upgrade (something that will keep her above 30 fps)?

Thanks in advance!

What is your/her budget?

1. You will need to change the power supply, which will cost around 50-60 bucks.
    2. A graphics card will be around 100-150 bucks.

Deleted
    well amd and wow don't really mix check some benchmarks to see what that cpu can pump out max so you aren't overbuying on the GPU part.

Quote Originally Posted by wcard View Post
    1. Is a gpu upgrade for this build possible?
    First thing first. The one you got right now is integrated, and the second number is the one that matters. HD7470. Above those are the 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9-series.
    Second of all, yes, yes, you can add a GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    well amd and wow don't really mix check some benchmarks to see what that cpu can pump out max so you aren't overbuying on the GPU part.
    Incorrect and or out dated information, AMD Ghz Editions have taken performance in everything and dollar for dollar 6xx Nvidia has nothing to offer except the green and black fanboys.

He was trying to recommend not buying an overly powerful GPU when the OP running an AMD CPU, not trashing AMD GPUs. Read before you attack people for product allegiance.

It's really low end computer and I think $550 is a rip-off, but assuming getting it back for refund is not an option.

Getting a proper graphics card will definitely help, but the low end AMD CPU will always suck in 25man raids and you can't expect to be able to play at high settings ever on it.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader Cronus View Post
    He was trying to recommend not buying an overly powerful GPU when the OP running an AMD CPU, not trashing AMD GPUs. Read before you attack people for product allegiance.
    thanks for understanding what i said , sometimes i do wonder if people can't comprehend what im typing or is that just me?

thanks for understanding what i said , sometimes i do wonder if people can't comprehend what im typing or is that just me?
    Capitalization and punctuation does wonders.

Well, AMD and WoW don't really mix. Check some benchmarks to see what that CPU can pump out max so you aren't overbuying on the GPU part.
    Then you can fix the sentence a little:
    Well, AMD CPUs and WoW don't really mix. Check some benchmarks to see what the A8-5500 can pump out so you aren't overspending on the GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    It's really low end computer and I think $550 is a rip-off, but assuming getting it back for refund is not an option.

Getting a proper graphics card will definitely help, but the low end AMD CPU will always suck in 25man raids and you can't expect to be able to play at high settings ever on it.
    The A8-5500 is really not that bad, @ medium high settings w/ a discrete it would be playable NOT amazing but a clear step up from a lot of peoples pc's.