Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I find it puzzling that dailies was a way blizzard developed to make the game accessible to the casual player, yet its the casual playerbase that does not seem to be able to stand them.

i do both GL and klaxxi + tillers on 2 toons.. it takes about 1-1.5 hours every day depending.. but its worth the grind as both are getting close to exalted.... if you find yourself getting burnt out just take a small break or group with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    I find it puzzling that dailies was a way blizzard developed to make the game accessible to the casual player, yet its the casual playerbase that does not seem to be able to stand them.
    What do you base that on?

EDIT: Should add that I'm a casual and I don't mind the dailies.
    Last edited by Maklor; 2012-11-06 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    <- casual.

I do one or two factions at a time. Tillers was my first because farm was exciting. When I got that to exalted, I started on Golden Lotus and Klaxxi. I'm exalted with Golden Lotus already, and I want to get exalted with Klaxxi first before doing Shado-pan and August Celestials. Leaving Cloud Serpent for last because I have no interest in mounts.

Still like the dailies.

Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    No, you just refuse to understand that dailies + LFR are how casuals gear up, arena + raids is how hardcore players gear up. You are trying to insinuate that you are forced to engage in the casual path to excel in the hardcore path but that's not true, at all.
    No, please read again.

Let me reiterate two brief things for you:
    1) You are still grouping the player base into two extremes. I can't think of a nice way to say that this is dumb. More people are in the middle of the curve and not the extremes...obviously.

2) I'm not insinuating anything. I'm stating that instead of having rewards be present on all activities, you have a multi-path funnel into daily town. While you get valor every time you sneeze in Pandaria (albeit a measley amount), there is only one available avenue to use it. Unless they are saying that doing these other activities are rewarding enough on their own...if that was the case, why would they put a currency on any of it?

Does. Not. Compute.

Sorry still boring as hell for me. Glad I no longer need to do dailies, or valor cap, the day couldn't of come sooner as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    2... hours a day?
    so, 2 hours may be a slight exaggeration; this morning I completed all three stages of Golden Lotus and Klaxxi (revered) quests, and planted my garden in just under 1.5 hours. If you are ripping through them in 20 minutes, that is pretty awesome for you.

As for the alt being revered, she isn't. I focused on tillers, and have rings and necks, so really, the belt and legs are a more attractive way to spend valor. Keep in mind, for WoW workaday slobs who like to see content and get better gear(which really just makes it easier for everyone involved) as a form of character progression, your RNG results will largely determine what slots you want to send your valor on. Personally, my tank needs legs and trinkets to get into Heart of Fear.

FWIW, I am a retired raider who just can't/won't put in the time to raid seriously anymore, and am enjoying MoP a lot(after having quit a couple of months before launch). I can see the end of the tunnel, and it will be nice to get there. But in the interim, it is a bit brutal.

This is a bit of a digression, but I think an improvement to justice gear to make it slightly better than heroic drops would relieve a lot of pressure for many players. As it is, I am justice capped on both toons and converting it all to honor for pvp gear instead of using it for worse gear than I already have.