Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    High King in Skyrim=/ High King in Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Only one problem. Varian already is SAC, this is why those bulletin board quests come from him for example even if you're in Darnassus. This is why in Wolfheart he made the tactic for pushing the Horde back. Giving him the title of Supreme Allied Commander wouldn't bug me as much.
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184

His position is just being made official. He is becoming the High King and not SAC because his title atm is that of King and not Commander atm. For all intents and purposes he is being made SAC with a different name.
    The quest boards come across more as game design that actual lore.

I really have no idea what your Skyrim stuff means, I hated that game with a passion .
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-06 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Secondly and personally most importantly for me I'm slightly concerned about the Alliance brawlers guild quests I've been hearing about. While by itself it's nothing bad, finding an SI:7 agent there is fine.
    What concerns me is that the Horde don't have an equivalent currently and I'm not sure if that's intentional or if it's just late to the party. I have a bad gut feeling that there's a chance that this may be the Alliance's story arc equivalents of the Horde's questing with Lor'themar and/or Vol'jin etc etc.
    The Horde had a brawlers guild set up in the Orgrimmar arena but that felt totally wrong.
    "Psst there is this super-secret brawler club, you only get in by invitation and its set up in the most prominent location in Orgrimmar".
    That´s like setting up a fight club in a football stadium.

Ah it's not OT at all .

Here's the quest chain involving her on the PTR - http://ptr.wowhead.com/quest=32417

Would you look at that the trophy wife, can actually be quite ruthless, interesting. Now she is officially an enemy of her former Kingdom, it would be nice if the blood elves create a hit list for her and her little extremist group or something like that.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...59705844957184

His position is just being made official. He is becoming the High King and not SAC because his title atm is that of King and not Commander atm. For all intents and purposes he is being made SAC with a different name.
    The quest boards come across more as game design that actual lore.

I really have no idea what your Skyrim stuff means, I hated that game with a passion .
    Thank you for that link, I missed that one. Well, that gets some of my concerns out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    My main concern is the same as always, orcs and humans getting the spotlight. We are not just playing Warcraft anymore, it has evolved to more than just those 2 races and that should show.
    I recall a blue post mentioning that "blood elves have been neglected recently". I wonder if this was a troll or if they actually think that they have done a good job representing every race (for both alliance and horde) equally in the story.

On the topic of Jaina's reaction to the events in dalaran. If Jaina had became the leader of the kirin tor and immediately thrown the sunreavers out for no reason then obviously that would be unfair, but that isn't what happened. She allowed them to stay within the city and they took aggressive action against the alliance by moving the horde troops into a major alliance city. Their expulsion is completely justified.
    Jaina's action is not justified! the Sunreaver Portal in Domination Point.

Aethas and Sunreavers in Dalaran are not involved in the attack

My biggest concern is the same as it's been for ages.. that I now suddenly need to buy and read the novels in order to be up-to-date on the storyline in a game I continually pay to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Vol'jin with a cockney accent or something could be interesting though on the other hand.
    I would die inside the same way a piece of me died inside when they released the first 'updated' model of Thrall in his new costume, which looked like a draenei head.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    My biggest concern is the same as it's been for ages.. that I now suddenly need to buy and read the novels in order to be up-to-date on the storyline in a game I continually pay to play.
    Ever since the Shattering, there's been an uproar from the fanbase that important things that only happen in novels NEED to appear ingame. The Shattering of Deathwing's immersion should have happened ingame, not just the book, so Blizz is supposed to be making sure that key elements that appear in books also appear ingame. They acknowledged that they screwed up royally with the Theramore event, so what happens in 5.1 should be relatively the same as what happens in Shadows of the Horde. Things may not be as in-depth as the book, like characters inner thoughts and such, but that's where the differences in lorehounds come in. The lorehounds WANT to read this stuff, 'cause we're nosy like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Ever since the Shattering, there's been an uproar from the fanbase that important things that only happen in novels NEED to appear ingame. The Shattering of Deathwing's immersion should have happened ingame, not just the book, so Blizz is supposed to be making sure that key elements that appear in books also appear ingame. They acknowledged that they screwed up royally with the Theramore event, so what happens in 5.1 should be relatively the same as what happens in Shadows of the Horde. Things may not be as in-depth as the book, like characters inner thoughts and such, but that's where the differences in lorehounds come in. The lorehounds WANT to read this stuff, 'cause we're nosy like that lol.
    If you want to implement all the story that is handled into a single book, you would need more resources for that, than an entire raid tier. Blizzard tried to cater to people like you with scenarios, those will improve over time but don't expect much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    The Brawler's guild will have a Horde equivalent located in Orgrimmar. If it's not currently active on the PTR, it will be soon.

As for the Alliance equivalent of the Vol'jin and Lor'themar story arcs, you actually discussed some of them later in your post (Varian, Tyrande, Anduin, Jainia quest events, etc). The basic idea Blizzard seems to be going with is while the Horde becomes even more divided the Alliance becomes more united. The Brawler's guild overall seems to be like the Darkmoon Fair in 4.3, utterly irrelevant to the rest of the patch and included only because it happened to be ready at around the same time.
    It would appear that my fears are right sadly by the look of things.

Alliance 5.1 Story Achievement - http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=7928
    Horde 5.1 Story Achievement - http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=7929

While all the Horde quest lines pretty much all concern leaders or looking at Mogu artifacts, the Alliance have a smudge on theirs with a damn SI:7 agent in freaking fight club.
    I know it's just one chain, but I'm a little dissapointed to say the least. This Dwarf SI:7 agent better be worth if it's a substitute for a Mogu related quest line.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure garrosh is a douche but having him basically die the next expansion is bogus id rather see varian wrynn die atleast theres a reason to ahte him and want him dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    sure garrosh is a douche but having him basically die the next expansion is bogus id rather see varian wrynn die atleast theres a reason to ahte him and want him dead
    A Leader who unites everybody and pretty much wins the war for the Alliance - Should die.
    A Tyrannical leader who utilizes fear and black mail to keep his people in check along with being a genocidal maniac with a fetish for reckless tactics - Should live.

Yeah I can totally see why Varian's worse than Garrosh....

As a quick note the more of 5.1 I see the more disgusted I am by the Night Elf story. It's horrible. Again they are portrayed as useless and in constant need of bailing out by the Humans.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-08 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Thrall led by admiration and friendship.
    Yes he did.

... Where did I claim otherwise? Obviously talking about Garrosh here.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.