Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Anyone else think human racial allowing double PVP power trinket is OP?

    Being able to equip two pvp power trinkets is giving humans almost 5% more damage and healing than any other race. This is beyond ridiculous. It is time for either the pvp freedom to become baseline or human racial to be changed. Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Chrispotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,214
    Mad because you rolled undead ages ago for wotf?.
    Seriously tho, they should remove all racials, not just the current best ones.

  3. #3
    human racial has been OP ever since it was implemented. they should move the cd back to 3 minutes so humans will actually suffer a little bit for not using the honor/conquest trinkets.

    i like racials and believe they provide a positive unique aspect to race considerations. i don't think they should be removed entirely.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    Being able to equip two pvp power trinkets is giving humans almost 5% more damage and healing than any other race. This is beyond ridiculous. It is time for either the pvp freedom to become baseline or human racial to be changed. Thoughts?
    I think you're a crybaby. Get over it, honestly.
    They changed it in the beginning of Cata to 3 minutes, and people were forced to go horde for their racials just to stay competitive.
    If you don't like it, reroll human. It will not change. It will not be taken out. It will not be made baseline. If it's that big of an outrageous deal, then just quit the game - because you take it far too seriously for your wellbeing.
    No one but whiners that die to humans think it should be baseline, no one but whiners that die to humans think it should be changed.
    These are the collective thoughts on anyone that can advance from the 1400 rating bracket.
    Get over it.

    PS: This same thread shows up more than a few times per week. Stop remaking them out of your blinding, jealous rage.
    Last edited by runedhill; 2012-11-05 at 08:42 PM.

  5. #5
    Pit Lord Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,426
    I second what Chrispotter said.

    On a side note... did you search, at all, for topics of this nature. There are tons of them


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispirit View Post
    human racial has been OP ever since it was implemented. they should move the cd back to 3 minutes so humans will actually suffer a little bit for not using the honor/conquest trinkets.

    i like racials and believe they provide a positive unique aspect to race considerations. i don't think they should be removed entirely.
    So if you'd actually use one you're punished aswell with a useless racial

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    I think you're a fucking crybaby. Get over it, honestly.
    They changed it in the beginning of Cata to 3 minutes, and people were forced to go horde for their racials just to stay competitive.
    If you don't like it, reroll human. It will not change. It will not be taken out. It will not be made baseline. If it's that big of an outrageous deal, then just quit the game - because you take it far too seriously for your wellbeing.
    No one but whiners that die to humans think it should be baseline, no one but whiners that die to humans think it should be changed.
    These are the collective thoughts on anyone that can advance from the 1400 rating bracket.
    Get over it.
    Wow rage much? Sounds like you are someone who spent all his allowance race changing to human. Imagine if this was true in PVE. If one race could do 5% more damage than any other there would be outrage. It's horrible game design plain and simple.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    Wow rage much? Sounds like you are someone who spent all his allowance race changing to human. Imagine if this was true in PVE. If one race could do 5% more damage than any other there would be outrage. It's horrible game design plain and simple.
    Always been Human. It's people like you that are the ragers, I'm just laying it out the way it is.
    Like I said, if you don't like it, quit. You obviously aren't at a rating where being human could make or break a game.
    Down at your level, matches are decided by which team clicks and keyboard turns the least.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,829
    Either they remove human racial and rework or they remove all racials and let people choose in some way.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    Wow rage much? Sounds like you are someone who spent all his allowance race changing to human. Imagine if this was true in PVE. If one race could do 5% more damage than any other there would be outrage. It's horrible game design plain and simple.
    Trolls on bosses categorized as "beast" would fit that pretty well.

  11. #11

    96450780

    Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    Always been Human. It's people like you that are the ragers, I'm just laying it out the way it is.
    Like I said, if you don't like it, quit. You obviously aren't at a rating where being human could make or break a game.
    Down at your level, matches are decided by which team clicks and keyboard turns the least.
    Been a while since I've encountered logic this poor. The "don't like it then quit" camp is full of homeboys that can't understand the basics of game balance. Many at blizzard agree that the racial system is poor game design. If they rework the human racial will you quit? Good riddance if that's the case. By your logic mages hunters and warriors are fine?

  12. #12
    Whether or not the human racial is balanced is strongly related to what options are available to non-humans. The argument right now is not so much whether the human racial is OP on its own - which I believe it is not; if you increase its CD, it becomes useless.

    The argument is whether the trinket choices available to other races are strong enough to compensate. Through most of Cataclysm, the freeing PvP trinket used by other races was a strong one. Half of the trinket was what the human racial does, and the other half had the same resilience budget that you could find on other PvP trinkets.

    In Mists, the freeing PvP trinkets seem to be weaker, and don't have the same passive benefits as the 2nd trinket that can be used by humans.

    The question of whether or not this is balanced is still not easy to answer, however. The racial abilities of other races are fairly strong in their own regard.

    Orcs get an on-demand cooldown, which means stronger burst, which is more useful than a sustained DPS boost available to humans.

    Tauren, Blood Elves, and Pandaren get an extra CC ability, which can be exceptionally strong when chained with other CC to get a kill.

    Gnomes get a second escape ability, which can be invaluable in saving yourself or your partner.

    Worgen get a racial sprint that can be chained or even stacked with other sprints.

    Goblins get a rocket jump that gives them extra time on target, or an extra ability to get away.

    Compared to all of the above, the ability to use a 2nd PvP trinket when you have the human racial seems relatively unimpressive. It's a part-passive (PvP power), part unpredictable proc DPS increase.

    I'm not entirely convinced that's better than the alternatives, given that what matters in PvP to get a kill is (1) burst, and (2) the ability to chain CC. Other racials seem to play into that better.
    Last edited by Elodeon; 2012-11-05 at 09:16 PM.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by cetch22 View Post
    Wow rage much? Sounds like you are someone who spent all his allowance race changing to human. Imagine if this was true in PVE. If one race could do 5% more damage than any other there would be outrage. It's horrible game design plain and simple.
    I completely agree with this poster and the OP. Runedhill you should really chill out bro. I have been Human for a very long time, and have pvped at a very high level for several years, and I still believe that it is an unfair advantage. Berating other people and calling them "whiners" makes you look like nothing more than a clueless douche. If you would be more constructive in your reasoning I'm sure you could possibly persuade others to see your point of view. Calling everyone that doesn't agree with you idiots or bads is extremely bias. Please think about how you respond to people before you post. You might actually have an interesting debate rather than a derailed thread the moment you post.

    OT: The problem with EMFH is due to the fact that it covers every movement impairing effect rather than just a select few, on top of allowing the player to equip an extra trinket in the slot that would otherwise be used by other races for a Medallion. The case could be made that other races are given an "extra" bonus to throughput as well through their racials, Blood Fury, Berzerk etc. However, none of these racials compare to the advantage another throughput trinket provides. The game will never be completely balanced sure, but when something is so blatantly obvious an advantage, to the point even the players using the ability say so, there should be a correction made.

    I have never claimed that a player cannot advance in higher brackets without EMFH. Only that it IS an advantage over players that do not have it. The comeback that Undead had the advantage years ago with WotF was already old by the time S6 came out. They fixed WotF for obvious reasons, now it is time to fix EMFH for the same reason. It IS an overpowered racial. Plain and simple.

  14. #14
    human racial is fine. what made it so mandatory in cata was the overpowered DS trinkets.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Elodeon View Post
    Whether or not the human racial is balanced is strongly related to what options are available to non-humans. The argument right now is not so much whether the human racial is OP on its own - which I believe it is not; if you increase its CD, it becomes useless.

    The argument is whether the trinket choices available to other races are strong enough to compensate. Through most of Cataclysm, the freeing PvP trinket used by other races was a strong one. Half of the trinket was what the human racial does, and the other half had the same resilience budget that you could find on other PvP trinkets.

    In Mists, the freeing PvP trinkets seem to be weaker, and don't have the same passive benefits as the 2nd trinket that can be used by humans.

    The question of whether or not this is balanced is still not easy to answer, however. The racial abilities of other races are fairly strong in their own regard.

    Orcs get an on-demand cooldown, which means stronger burst, which is more useful than a sustained DPS boost available to humans.

    Tauren, Blood Elves, and Pandaren get an extra CC ability, which can be exceptionally strong when chained with other CC to get a kill.

    Gnomes get a second escape ability, which can be invaluable in saving yourself or your partner.

    Worgen get a racial sprint that can be chained or even stacked with other sprints.

    Goblins get a rocket jump that gives them extra time on target, or an extra ability to get away.

    Compared to all of the above, the ability to use a 2nd PvP trinket when you have the human racial seems relatively unimpressive. It's a part-passive (PvP power), part unpredictable proc DPS increase.

    I'm not entirely convinced that's better than the alternatives, given that what matters in PvP to get a kill is (1) burst, and (2) the ability to chain CC. Other racials seem to play into that better.
    Very solid argument! While it does contradict many things I said, I do see your logic.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Mad because you rolled undead ages ago for wotf?.
    Seriously tho, they should remove all racials, not just the current best ones.
    Honestly, I would get behind this. I play Human. Yeah, I'd miss diplomacy and EMfH. But holy shit would it stop a lot of bitching (over the long-term, the bitching after the change would be unparalleled).

  17. #17
    Yup, that's why all top players rolls with the undead.

  18. #18
    ^
    because undead racial is just as strong as human atm

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,247
    Yes, it is overpowered. They should change the regular "on-use CC break" trinkets to have the exact same stats (PvP power instead of mastery, lol) as the proc/on use trinket. Then the only difference would be the trinket buff/proc/battlemaster trinket. Fair and balanced? relatively...

  20. #20
    Of which there have been none of any true significance. You'd have been better off bringing up how broken protection paladins were in ICC.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •