Thread: Weapon Enchant

  1. #1

    Weapon Enchant

    Just got Tihan mace from Will of the Emperor, just wondering if i should stick to Windsong or go for something else.

    Looking for someone with mathy knowledge on which ench is best

  2. #2
    Resto or Balance?

  3. #3
    oof sorry

    Balance, was still raiding when posting this

  4. #4
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    I'm going to say that this is still controversial.

  5. #5
    Guessing its still not been "mathed" out then, or is it something I've missed

  6. #6
    Pandaren Monk Auloria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,941
    I think Jade Spirit sims higher, but there is an argument made for Windsong. It's probably a difference on the couple percent level.

  7. #7
    On the plus side, all of them are reasonably effective, even Elemental Force.

    SimC and WC seem to be rather inaccurate currently, which makes things somewhat complicated to figure out.

  8. #8
    I like to minmax as much as possible, trying to use Wrathcalcs atm but when i put my engi helm in with the cogwheels i have, the int/3%crit meta wont work, just says its inactive so i cant see which is "better"

  9. #9
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,765
    Right now for the price different I'd definitely go with Windsong...

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    Right now for the price different I'd definitely go with Windsong...
    Haha, yeah windsong is like 100g, Jade spirit is like 10-12k on ah, could grab mats for it, probably cost around 4k

  11. #11
    Go For windsong, since it can proc 3 time's so u can have the crit/hase/mastery on at the same time if ur lucky

  12. #12
    Moderator Slippykins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    I like to minmax as much as possible, trying to use Wrathcalcs atm but when i put my engi helm in with the cogwheels i have, the int/3%crit meta wont work, just says its inactive so i cant see which is "better"
    Make sure you have the latest version of WrathCalcs - inactive metas aren't possible anymore, considering they don't have a gem requirement. I know that old versions of WrathCalcs at the beginning of MoP still had the gem requirement.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Make sure you have the latest version of WrathCalcs - inactive metas aren't possible anymore, considering they don't have a gem requirement. I know that old versions of WrathCalcs at the beginning of MoP still had the gem requirement.
    Yeah got it sorted, just playing around with haste breakpoint / full crit atm

  14. #14
    I'd go w/ windsong for now. Its a great enchant in my opinion. :P

  15. #15
    With the changes to Jade Spirit, this will probably become moot in 5.1 anyway.

  16. #16
    It seems like you off-heal? Then Jade Spirit will give you mode flexibility, being good for healing too.

  17. #17
    i have a resto spec just incase my guild is short a healer for our runs, never actually had to use it, still sorting out bits of gear/trinkets for it atm.
    Whats happening to Jade Spirit in 5.1? I must have missed a blue post on it.

  18. #18
    It's being changed to 2 RPPM as well.

  19. #19
    RPPM is ? I never heard of that? :S

  20. #20
    Real Procs Per Minute.

    It's what Windsong and Elemental Force use.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •