How are Rift/EQ2 doing?

Feeling some burnout on World of Dailycraft. Was going to check out a diff MMO for a few days. Anyone playing either and can shoot me their opinions on the current state of the games?

EQ2 is still pretty good. Its lightly populated the higher in level you progress. Probably on it's last leg creatively speaking. Dedicated but very small high end player base.

Rift is still the most robustly support and updated MMO on the current market. New expansion in a week or so. So many additions and updates I really can't list or track them all. Trion themselves are barely able to.

Population is stable across all levels of play. I have never logged on to Rift to find an area devoid of people or our guild empty. On weekends cities are packed. LFG pops are under 15 mins on most shards. Instant Adventures and open world raid groups run form afternoon to late in the evenings 7 days a week.

Never played an MMO better than Rift. Some as good, but not one better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%2...ontent_updates
    http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...est-rising.php
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

10+ Year Old Account
    Everquest is doing as well as it has done since Warcraft came out. Luckily there is a free version now so you dont have to put any money into your explorations (the free version sucks, but its free).
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Rift is doing very well, if you're going to check out either MMO, I'd suggest Rift... It's free to level 20, so that should help

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    Rift is doing very well, if you're going to check out either MMO, I'd suggest Rift... It's free to level 20, so that should help
    Free to level 20? Might try it.

Rift is fine, I fled there from WoW and happy with that.

Joyrock,

Did you play Ultima Online many years ago?
    Did you know a char, Halley Cravie?
    Hit me up if you did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Population is stable across all levels of play. I have never logged on to Rift to find an area devoid of people or our guild empty. On weekends cities are packed. LFG pops are under 15 mins on most shards. Instant Adventures and open world raid groups run form afternoon to late in the evenings 7 days a week.
    Uhhh this is not entirely accurate. The 1-50's LFG takes upwards of 35-60 minutes at best and the world is pretty barren. This is because Instant Adventures provide the fastest XP and the majority of people are in the SL content, so anyone leveling a new toon is generally trying to get there as fast as possible.

Everything Fencers describes is 100% true for the SL content, but the chocolate world is a little bleak at the moment. Just think about how things were in Azeroth during BC. There are tons of people playing the game, but its not populated across all levels of play.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Uhhh this is not entirely accurate. The 1-50's LFG takes upwards of 35-60 minutes at best and the world is pretty barren. This is because Instant Adventures provide the fastest XP and the majority of people are in the SL content, so anyone leveling a new toon is generally trying to get there as fast as possible.

Everything Fencers describes is 100% true for the SL content, but the chocolate world is a little bleak at the moment. Just think about how things were in Azeroth during BC. There are tons of people playing the game, but its not populated across all levels of play.
    Fencers' post was from November, so I'm sure some things have changed in the past 4 months.

Closing this down since it was as bit of a bump for a question that was already answered.