X class's burst is OP...

Has anyone else just had enough of this? Im no hardcore PVPer, but I watch all the top guys that stream, and never once have I heard them moan when they lost a match be it to any class.

In the last week or so I see threads with
    Moonkin vid crits 250k+
    Warr excute 180k+
    Chaos bolt 180k+

Now I could add to that cause a mage hit me for a frost bomb for around 160k in a BG. But does it matter? X class hit you harder than you hit it? Do classes need to be nerfed or due to the new ish direction of PVP do you need to adapt?

To me it seems everyone moans about every class because one or two times they got smacked hard.

Deleted
    Deep down inside we all know this. Every one knows. But human mind wants to moan.
    I remember reading an article about human mind enjoying monaning.

Deleted
    The funny fact is that pvp power increases at a higher rate than pvp resilience. This means that when we reach the end of the expansion people will have around 50% pvp power, while resilience will sit at around 75%. This means that gear will reduce damage taken by around 25%, which is less than Cataclysm end pvp, when people had 45-50% reduction and were still able to be globaled. More QQ is about to come, since no real actions are taken to balance damage and healing in pvp.

I'm skeptical of the future of WoW PvP. I didn't think it could get worse from Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnarch View Post
    The funny fact is that pvp power increases at a higher rate than pvp resilience... More QQ is about to come, since no real actions are taken to balance damage and healing in pvp.
    Between baseline resilience, gear resilience, pvp power, and blanket healing reduction I'm pretty sure Blizzard can keep throughput exactly how they want it with no impact on PvE. I guess whether they'll actually keep a close enough eye on it is another question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaxx View Post
    I'm skeptical of the future of WoW PvP. I didn't think it could get worse from Cata.
    I think PvP is much better than Cataclysm. The only thing I take issue with is that it isn't noob-friendly at all. Right now it's very easy to do unhealable damage. If you can't recongnize offensive abilities and appropriately defend immediately, you just lose to the retarded burst. Now whine threads don't bug me too much themselves, but I don't like that a lot of potential PvPers are likely scared off by the current pvp model. There are few enough PvPers in this game as it is.

If you have 0% power and 40% base resiliance you suffer... 60% damage
    With 25% power and 60% resiliance you suffer... 50% damage
    If you have 50% power and 75% resiliance you suffer... 37.5% damage

Note that power needs to increase more than resiliance if you wish to keep damage suffered around 50% of pve so by the end of the expac let's hope proclaiming only 50% pvp power and 75% resiliance is wrong!

The top guys that stream don't moan because 1) it's bad for their reputation 2) they're rolling FOTM classes, there's nothing to moan about.

the problem is X guy gets hit constantly for a lot by Y class in a random bg and they think the same damage translates into arena and rbg which they rarely do. and since there are A LOT more people doing random bgs than high rated arena you end up with tons of threads titled "nerf Z class too op".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    the problem is X guy gets hit constantly for a lot by Y class in a random bg and they think the same damage translates into arena and rbg which they rarely do.".
    While in BGs there is a problem with the high burst of some classes, in the arena the main problem is the number of CC mechanics available to players. Someone can literally spend more than half a minute without doing anything and this usually means that his teammates will be dead before he gets a chance to react. Classes don't need that much CC, especially since dungeons are so faceroll nowadays. Warhammer Online had a decent idea: when you where affected by a stun, you were immune to stuns for double the duration of that stun.