Wtb more Alliance race options for PvE Min/Maxers.

Currently, if you're a dps you go Worgen/Panda, if you're a Healer you go Human. Thats pretty much the choicesAlliance have for PvE min/maxing (with a few exceptions like Ret Paladins or Shaman healers that don't have their theorical optimal option). Pandas are availlable to both factions so they don't really count in the balance.

While Horde DPS classes have choices between Orc, Troll, Forsaken (new racial) and Goblin. Horde Healers usually go Blood Elf, but Troll or Goblins can also be good in that scenario. Taurens needs a buff too.

Lets give opinions and suggestion on how to Make Alliance PvE racials more attractive, when you see entire guilds (Vodka for example) go Horde purely for racials, there's an obvious imbalance. WoWprogress rankings kinda shows it too.

Humans : They are already overpopulatings and very good in PvP, would be hard to buff them, also best Alliance Healers, maybe turn their spirit racial in Str/Int depending on specs?
    Night Elves : Replaces Wisp ghost form (about as worthless as Undead's scuba tube racial) with the old Night Elf Priest Spell, Starshard if i remember? Procs on any attack or healing spell to your current/nearest targets and puts an Arcane dot scaling with AP/SP.
    Dwarves : A Strength/Spirit/Int proc instead of their Arch racial?
    Worgens : Good as is.
    Draenei : The 1% Hit is pretty good tbh, its pretty debatable if a buff for them would be needed, if you have any ideas feel free to toss them out.
    Gnomes : Never played one, no idea here. Maybe an engineerish tinker ala goblin? Toss some ideas for them Gnome fans.

Signed, a min-maxing Alliance Hunter tired of race-changing back to Worgen every tiers (and i hate Pandas).

My suggestion? Stop worrying about min/maxing over such a silly thing as racials.

Biggest fix to me would to get replace Every man and will of the forsaken with something else and make pvp trinket effect base line for every class/race. Kind of like swtor.

As much as I loved Starshards for flavour, it's druid assigned revamp in starfall is vastly superior. A watered down version of that spell wouldn't be that great. Imo, Night Elves with their millennia lifespans, ancient repository or knowledge, and adaptation to new things from technology to rediscovering the Arcane should grant a passive mastery racial. It fits with lore and provides a buff that every class can utilize in at least one spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like a decent option for Horde Ret Paladins in PVE.

But but

Arcane Torrent is something I can press when all of my abilities are on cooldown!

-Ret

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    My suggestion? Stop worrying about min/maxing over such a silly thing as racials.
    Tell that to my raidleader :/, or the raidleader of any remotely progressed guilds for that matter, in competition you need to take any kind of advantages you can because others will. If i went Night Elf like i want for the skin atm i'd lose 1% crit, wich is 900-ish rating, wich is over an entire piece of gear secondary stat-wise.

Also shows on parses.

I'm not raiding competitively atm, but if i ever go back to it, i'm stuck worgen :/.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    As much as I loved Starshards for flavour, it's druid assigned revamp in starfall is vastly superior. A watered down version of that spell wouldn't be that great. Imo, Night Elves with their millennia lifespans, ancient repository or knowledge, and adaptation to new things from technology to rediscovering the Arcane should grant a passive mastery racial. It fits with lore and provides a buff that every class can utilize in at least one spec.
    Yeah, why not. My starshard idea was an uncreative copy-pasta of the new UD racial with a tweak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Currently, if you're a dps you go Worgen/Panda, if you're a Healer you go Human. Thats pretty much the choicesAlliance have for PvE min/maxing (with a few exceptions like Ret Paladins or Shaman healers that don't have their theorical optimal option).
    Gnome Rogue for Expertise on Daggers.

See other weapon bonuses.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Humans : They are already overpopulatings and very good in PvP, would be hard to buff them, also best Alliance Healers, maybe turn their spirit racial in Str/Int depending on specs?
    Since GC delinked Spirit from INT, the spirit buff is fine (why be a human healer). It used to be helpful for all classes when spirit helped with HP regeneration (pre-Cata).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The best thing to do is just get rid of all racials and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    +1 this guy wins

Implement some racial gear that rewards weird/crappy/unique/fun race/class combos.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Concur. Racials are a bad idea in the current form. If they must exist, then just add flavor (like bouncy for pandas) racials and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Concur. Racials are a bad idea in the current form. If they must exist, then just add flavor (like bouncy for pandas) racials and be done with it.
    I fully agree with that but Blizz aparently doesn't :/.