The Rags to Riches Challenge
How much gold can you acquire by the end of the challenge? How long will it take you to complete the challenge?
Here is leveling the challenge:
1) Level a character from 1-90 using Only items you find off monster drops.
2) You may do quests, but you must sell any and all quest rewards to a vendor.
3) You may not use the AH to buy gear to wear. You may not craft any gear to wear.
4) You may pick only gathering professions. You may only gather minerals to level the profession to 600, not to farm with (to keep things fair for everyone)
5) You may use the AH to sell any minerals / herbs / leathers, items you find. This will only be for gold, nothing else.
Here is the Dungeon Challenge:
Any and all items / gear you find off bosses must be sold to a vendor (vanity items ill let you hold onto ie: mini pets, tabards, rare transmog gear) Greens and blue items you find off trash mobs are free game for your character to wear (as they are off regular monsters).
6) While leveling up, complete each and every dungeon with the gear you have found off monsters only. This includes all Vanilla dungeons, All BC dungeons, All BC heroic dungeons, All wrath dungeons, All wrath heroic dungeons, All Cata dungeons, All Cata heroic dungeons, All MoP Dungeons, All MoP Heroic Dungeons. (You must stop your exp at each milestone 70, 80, 85 to complete the heroic dungeons)
7) This will require you to do the Wrath, Cata and MoP heroic dungeons with friends as you will not be able to que in the dungeon finder because of the ilvl req. That being said, those you run with must not be carrying you. They must abide by the same rules as you and their item level must be lower lower than the heroic que requirement.
8) Once you have every dungeon complete, (All heroic and normal dungeon master achievements) You may then proceed to gear your character in the latest MoP Heroic gear. The challenge is almost complete:
9) Announce your final gold tally from your challenge. Remember: The less you spend on flying speed etc, the larger your gold tally will be.
9) Once you are full ilvl 463 in every slot, the next challenge begins. You must complete all raid bosses in the first tier of MoP with that 463 gear only. Every person must be only ilvl 463. This includes: MV, HoF, ToES.
Rare spawns out in the world are free game, you can use any gear you find off them for your character. Rare spawn bosses in dungeons count as bosses and therefore the gear must be sold to a vendor.
You may send 4 bags of any size to your new Rags to Riches Challenge character. Only 4. They can be any size (id recommend the largest you can get, but you decide)