Haste Thresholds for affliction questions

Hello all,
    I've been picking forums for the last few days but can't seem to get a definitive answer to this question. As an affliction lock, do I just need 4717 haste rating to reach the threshold without the 5% spell haste buff, or can I reforge down from 4717 and count on the 5% spell haste buff to reach the threshold. Currently, Im reforged into mastery. Heres a link to my toon
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Dotbus/simple

It's 4717 unbuffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    When talking about ratings always assume unbuffed.

It helps to eliminate confusion.

You need 4717 haste in combination with the 5% haste buff in order to reach the threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockmaster View Post
    You need 4717 haste in combination with the 5% haste buff in order to reach the threshold.
    /confirm this

10+ Year Old Account
    when reforging and gemming for 4717 haste make sure its feasible for your current state of gear, you have to balance your stat weights
    its possible you can do more dps by gemming int or mastery at the 10% haste breakpoint, just something to consider

Quote Originally Posted by planktin View Post
    when reforging and gemming for 4717 haste make sure its feasible for your current state of gear, you have to balance your stat weights
    its possible you can do more dps by gemming int or mastery at the 10% haste breakpoint, just something to consider
    Last night we downed spirit kings and its not a great example of dps but I pulled close to 60k. I feel however in 476 gear I should be pulling much more. Currently, with 5% spellhaste buff im above the 10% haste threshold. Would you suggest with my current gear to try and get the 4717 haste rating thresh or stick with mastery. Raid buffed im at 72% mastery currently, would I benefit at this point to reach that threshold and then go for mastery? Here is a link

10+ Year Old Account
    unless i'm mistaken i believe its 10% unbuffed, and yes I believe you would benefit from more haste but it's speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    Last night we downed spirit kings and its not a great example of dps but I pulled close to 60k. I feel however in 476 gear I should be pulling much more. Currently, with 5% spellhaste buff im above the 10% haste threshold. Would you suggest with my current gear to try and get the 4717 haste rating thresh or stick with mastery. Raid buffed im at 72% mastery currently, would I benefit at this point to reach that threshold and then go for mastery? Here is a link
    the best answer is just to sim it. theres a thread somewhere around the lock forums about using simcraft for the ones that are new to it. personally ive ran sims at 4198, 4717, 5260, 6638 haste and like 6800ish and they were all within 150 dps of each other. i think the 4717 haste mark giving me the higher number(still within 150 dps of all other sims).
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Sims change so drastically with upgrades that you will have to sim yourself on almost an item by item basis for a while. Not going to sim your toon for you and find out what the optimal reforging is as this is something that can be found with minimal internet research (think there is even a tutorial somewhere in these forums). That being said, in the beginning stages of gearing up even enchants change your stat priority. For example when I had windsong, haste was simming more than mastery even after reaching the 4717 breakpoint, simming with jade spirit and nothing else different completely flipped the results and widened the gap between the two.
    Below are my sims for windsong and jade spirit (LFR wand) just to show drastically anything can change your sim values
    DPS:
    84916.3 (LFR Wand with Jade spirit)
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    3.85 0.00 1.54 1.31 2.01 1.96

DPS:
    85413.3 (LFR Wand with Jade Spirit)
    3.82 0.00 1.58 1.29 1.76 2.00

Thanks for the posts guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Sims change so drastically with upgrades that you will have to sim yourself on almost an item by item basis for a while. Not going to sim your toon for you and find out what the optimal reforging is as this is something that can be found with minimal internet research (think there is even a tutorial somewhere in these forums). That being said, in the beginning stages of gearing up even enchants change your stat priority. For example when I had windsong, haste was simming more than mastery even after reaching the 4717 breakpoint, simming with jade spirit and nothing else different completely flipped the results and widened the gap between the two.
    Below are my sims for windsong and jade spirit (LFR wand) just to show drastically anything can change your sim values
    DPS:
    84916.3 (LFR Wand with Jade spirit)
    3.85 0.00 1.54 1.31 2.01 1.96

DPS:
    85413.3 (LFR Wand with Jade Spirit)
    3.82 0.00 1.58 1.29 1.76 2.00
    WoW, thanks a lot. Been trying to figure out for a while now why on earth haste sim better then mastery even after breakpoints, never though about windsong being the reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm lazy. very lazy. Some good guy, very good guy, could write the goblin haste thresholds equivalents for 4198, 4717, 5260, 6638?

Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthan View Post
    I'm lazy. very lazy. Some good guy, very good guy, could write the goblin haste thresholds equivalents for 4198, 4717, 5260, 6638?

Thank you.
    http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=44

Deleted
    Hello, I was wondering. How does the Glyph of Dark Soul affect your haste breakpoints?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Hello, I was wondering. How does the Glyph of Dark Soul affect your haste breakpoints?
    Not sure if there is spread sheet with those numbers. There wouldn't be an entirely accurate way to judge it though since you would lose the passive effect once you use the CD. Which means you would drop below your haste thresholds and make your reforge sub optimal.

Not positive though, just doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe with 4pc T14 when the CD is lowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Not sure if there is spread sheet with those numbers. There wouldn't be an entirely accurate way to judge it though since you would lose the passive effect once you use the CD. Which means you would drop below your haste thresholds and make your reforge sub optimal.

Not positive though, just doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe with 4pc T14 when the CD is lowered.
    True that, the Glyph in that case would reduce your burst dps for the duration of the effect. But for the remainder of the fight, you'll easily be able to sacrifice some haste rating for mastery.

Edit: Apparently Glyph of Dark Soul is a Dps loss according to simulationcraft and thus been left off the charts, as it disables the 3% haste increase when the ability is on cooldown, and in the end, when the effect is up, you wouldn't gain as much haste as if you didn't have the glyph.

However, in 5 mans, I'd still recommend the glyph as you likely won't use CDs during trash and most of the bosses are dead once you used the cooldown anyways.
    Last edited by mmocfce925a786; 2012-11-08 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Not sure if there is spread sheet with those numbers.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...er=true&gid=12
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Deleted
    I think I'm kinda different to other affliction warlocks, haste and mastery sim about equal to me, and I like haste more than mastery so run nowadays with pure haste reforges and haste gems. Probably getting to next corruption breakpoint to over 9200 soon. And I'm loving this. Hitted world #9 affliction on will of emperor HC after going full haste, before I was full mastery.

So it really depends about your playing style and what you are comfortable with, imo.

My armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...pappa/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbear View Post
    Spreadsheet taken from somewhere from EJ:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ny=true#gid=12

It includes the glyph.