Monk changes on ptr

Hey guys haven't made a ptr toon yet but from what i'm reading there is some interesting stuff going on. I see are spells are going up by 10% for those that cost mana and i saw that soothing mists was reduced (i read somewhere that it was by 33%?!!) and that chi generation has been increased by 10%....the works. My question revolves around renewing mists, does it now apply to 5 people instead of 3? because i was told it only applied to 2 people in game and that was not how i read the patch notes nor does that really make sense to me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 06:38 PM ----------

"Renewing Mist now travels to 2 additional targets (was 3 targets)." 2+3 = 5 yaar?

Deleted
    Yeah I don't know if the patch notes could be any more clear.

Renewing Mist now travels to 2 additional targets (was 3 targets).

On live it will bounce to 3 targets. On Ptr it will bounce to 2 targets.

How is this not clear?

oh i don't know, it says 2 additional which from my understanding means add in the past

It also makes reference to it's current state on live in the parenthesis, I thought it was pretty clear. I guess it helps if you play the class/spec.

yeh good change =) but 10% movment speed in stance its worst why dont need speed =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desiax View Post
    yeh good change =) but 10% movment speed in stance its worst why dont need speed =/
    Because now we can have a better enchant on our boots than one with movement speed?

Overall, though, I'm still not convinced the Tigerpalm buff is going to fix Windwalker =/ But, I really want to see some hard numbers before making up my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Because now we can have a better enchant on our boots than one with movement speed?

Overall, though, I'm still not convinced the Tigerpalm buff is going to fix Windwalker =/ But, I really want to see some hard numbers before making up my mind.
    Didn't they say that it will stack with all other movement increasing effects? Wouldn't it include boots as well?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about the Tiger Palm buff. Yes, it is an overall buff, but it pretty much makes that ability useless to use outside of once every 30 seconds for the buff.

They should might as well buff it's damage by 400% and give it a 30s cooldown.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    There are no better enchants than 140 agility and run speed. It does stack with the 10% from tiger stance though, so you get 119% movement speed all the time. Chi wave nerf will hurt Windwalker pvp, so I'm not sure this patch is a net positive for that.

Tiger palm still has a use for mastery procs and Brewmasters. It could really use an overhaul, though.
    Last edited by mmoc7960b93d6c; 2012-11-09 at 11:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    Tiger palm still has a use for mastery procs and Brewmasters. It could really use an overhaul, though.
    I was referring solely to the WW Tiger Palm, BrM Tiger Palm serves as a nice filler for when you don't have energy/chi to spend. It doesn't need to be changed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

In case you didn't realize this, because I didn't until today, when you cast Renewing Mist on someone it will ultimately effect four people. It's kind of hard to spot it outside of 5-mans, of course.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
    There are no better enchants than 140 agility and run speed. It does stack with the 10% from tiger stance though, so you get 119% movement speed all the time. Chi wave nerf will hurt Windwalker pvp, so I'm not sure this patch is a net positive for that.

I'm an idiot - got it. I didn't realize it would be stacking, so yes, the movement speed one would still be superior. And, yah - it needs a very serious overhaul.

They should might as well buff it's damage by 400% and give it a 30s cooldown.
    I'm not so sure about the 30s CD, but buffing its damage would be helpful. Honestly, what would help us the most would be to remove the split damage on FoF, making it a real cleave, even if they decrease how many targets it can hit. Or, making a glyph for it that removes the stun effect as well as the split (I can live without the stun effect in most PvE situations).

Deleted
    WW monks need way more to be viable for pvp.

It's a quality of life change for PvP. In the big PvP blog, Windwalker was stated as "not having reached its potential yet", which is why all you see is minor QoL changes and no actual buffs or overhauling of the rotation to fix its core issues. It's not supposed to fix WW, Blizz is still hoping that we'll just suddenly figure it out and stop being bad.

Also, yes the movement speed stacks with all other movement speed increases. This is to put WW (with a boot enchant) in line with other passive melee movement speed increases so sticking to a target isn't as difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's a quality of life change for PvP. In the big PvP blog, Windwalker was stated as "not having reached its potential yet", which is why all you see is minor QoL changes and no actual buffs or overhauling of the rotation to fix its core issues. It's not supposed to fix WW, Blizz is still hoping that we'll just suddenly figure it out and stop being bad.
    Thank you for restating what other people have said and adding nothing to the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's just so also happens to be a QoL change for PvE. You think I don't know what PvP is like as a Windwalker? Thank you for making an assumption - I happen to be involved with both in endgame, I just happen to not post terribly often. At least - I don't post here.

The TP buff is going to change things in both PvE and PvP. Yes, it'll be QoL. But at the same time, there will be a change in our overall numbers, even if it doesn't seem significant. Not needing to waste 2 GCDs on a low-damage spell will do that to a class. Further, in both sides of endgame, it removes some of our rampup time.

I'm also fully aware of what Blizzard has said. I may or may not actually follow this class.

Thank you for restating what other people have said and adding nothing to the conversation.

It's just so also happens to be a QoL change for PvE. You think I don't know what PvP is like as a Windwalker? Thank you for making an assumption - I happen to be involved with both in endgame, I just happen to not post terribly often. At least - I don't post here.

The TP buff is going to change things in both PvE and PvP. Yes, it'll be QoL. But at the same time, there will be a change in our overall numbers, even if it doesn't seem significant. Not needing to waste 2 GCDs on a low-damage spell will do that to a class. Further, in both sides of endgame, it removes some of our rampup time.

I'm also fully aware of what Blizzard has said. I may or may not actually follow this class.
    Cool your panties, no need to get defensive, I wasn't attacking you at all. And no, it doesn't affect PvE hardly at all. The only fight with long enough downtime to lose the TP stacks right now is phase 2 of Blade Lord, otherwise it only affects the first 5 seconds of a fight, amounting to a total of one extra Blackout Kick throughout an entire fight. That won't change anything in PvE except remove a slight annoyance.

I was speaking to the idea that such a small QoL buff would "fix" any part of Windwalker's problems. Ramp up time in PvE isn't even a problem compared to other classes, but in PvP it is, albeit a much smaller one than WW's host of other problems. It's nice, yes, and you were right in thinking that it wouldn't fix much of anything, and I was trying to explain why it never was going to. This forum is for discussion, not assuming everyone is attacking you and turning conversations into wars.